Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Jason
      Jason
    2. Len
      Len
      Mal, Polec and Mummy don't work for me, I think there are better options at that price point if MP madness is your go (and it is mine this year).
    3. Len
      Len
      Lincoln is a lock for me prior to teams being named
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Has anyone checked their bye structure?

My bye structure is 9-12-9. Not too unhappy with that.

What's the thinking - worry about it later, or consider it when it comes to 50/50 selections for R1?
    5. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Thanks mate, yeah Jimmy is based on form line. Laird looks the goods, but one good season isn't selling it for me. Depending on end point cash, i may go Simmo or Rance to reduce the injury risk.
      Rucks should be easy to set but the durable and consistent options are light on. As with Shaw, I reckon Goldy had one out of the bag last yr and will be slim odds to back that up. As we know, last yrs R1/R2 are unlikey to hold their crown. Who will be this years royalty?
    6. leb3
      leb3
      My thoughts are usually to worry about it later - especially with the byes slightly later this season. With uprades and downgrades most people's sides are very different by rounds 13-15.
      • Like Like x 3
    7. leb3
      leb3
      If you were to have 1 mid-priced midfielder; would it be Libba or Crouch?

Can only afford one and i am extremely torn
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Which Crouch? ;)
    9. leb3
      leb3
      Brad - I think he has the potential to be a keeper if he gets a reasonable run at it, where i dont think that Matt offer that
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Right now I don't have anyone in the 300k to 400k price bracket.
      But if I did select one, it would be Libba.
    11. Len
      Len
      currently 9, 10, 11 but enough are rookies that I'm not fussed at this point
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Len
      Len
      Cant buy Goldy at the price either, statistically it's a spike
    13. Len
      Len
      Currently have MCrouch, Libba is enticing though, BCrouch's lack of a real preseason scares me off
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Because of the need to select a captain each week for my team, I am willing to pay the starting price.
    15. Len
      Len
      That's where his appeal lies is the perma captain spot.
      Statistically he is guaranteed to not avg as high as he did last year, but could still be a top 5 ruck, and maybe even #1
    16. Morgan2102
      Morgan2102
      @walesy
      Thanks for the input mate. Rookies I think will change a lot come selection.
      Shiel in my opinion is the closet thing to the west coast Chris Judd we will ever see! Had 14 Brownlow votes before the bus last year! And is at $101 this year! I'm already on

@Iain @TheTassieHawk
      I think de goey will avg around 90 this year big body improved tank over pre season think he will play a bit like the Bont(but not quite as good) bucks loves him he will get mid time for sure and had 5 sub affected games last year. Had over 20 disposals and a goal vs sdyney in last years game also.
      I will look to use him as cover for mids and forwards when fully upgraded will be a nice Emg or at worst decent f6.
      Going to look into Bartel just think he is under value if he can avg 95+ that's a prem defender.
      And I got wells in the mids lol
      Thanks for the feedback lads
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Morgan2102
      Morgan2102
      Nice team mate!
      I don't like Simpson surely he is due to drop wouldn't of thought he could improve anymore.
      Range good pick but is always prone to throw in a stinker somewhere and I remember getting him for about 425k last year.
      No gaz??????????
      Outside of that like the look of it yeo an interesting pick.
    18. Morgan2102
      Morgan2102
      Solid team here. Not sold on your 2 mid price backman they could really make or break your team. Hall your only other mid pricer so you have done a great job on gnr! I would turn robbo into Martin if you can find the money.
      Mids are super strong!
      No goldy?
    19. RatatouilleV
      RatatouilleV
      I reckon de Goey won't be good enough for a keeper this year. There's too many who are going to go through pies midfield for him to get regular minutes consistently and so I think he'll give a few 50 point games.

I like the McGovern POD, and I reckon that midfield will score pretty well early on for you.
      • Like Like x 2
    20. RatatouilleV
      RatatouilleV
      Hi guys
      This is definitely going to change a bit by lockout, but feedback will be really welcome at this stage.

Backs: Shaw, K Kolodjashnij, Rich, Weitering, Dea, Brown (Hartley, Ruggles)

Mids: Dangerfield, Ablett, Treloar, Shiel, Rockliff, Libertore, Mills, B. Kennedy, (Keays, Dunkley, Davis)

Rucks: Goldstein Gawn, (Cox)

Forwards: Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Menadue, Kerridge, (Adams, McDonald-Tipungwuti

If I need to free up cash, Rich and Ablett are the ones who'll make way.