Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Jason
      Jason
      Not a bad squad, no major issues that I can see.

Bartel - won't play 22 games (coach has confirmed this). When I pay that much for a starting player that I expect to be a keeper all season, I don't want them to be rested at various stages throughout the season.

Gresham / Marcon - I'd rate their chances of R1 selection at less than 50/50. Suggest you have some alternate plans in place in case these guys aren't named.
    2. leb3
      leb3
      I like the side - lots of similarities to my own. A little weak up forward in my opinion probably one premium short there but if those rookies all play it shouldn't matter
    3. IPOD
      IPOD
      Im with Jason on Bartel not playing every game cant afford that in this game (if you can help it) LIke i have said before i know he was a stand out this year but 700k or close enough is too much even for Goldy. Also a little risky with Gresham Marcon as your cover. Dont mind your fwds i have 6 of those 8 (No McCarthy or Papley for me)
    4. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Not bad Ant, although I'm not sold on the picks of Rich and Byrne down back and Curnow up forward.
      Personally not sure about B.Crouch either - getting 40 touches against undermanned SANFL sides is a far cry from AFL and with his injury history and lack of a solid pre-season could see him once again break down (most likely in round 2 against the Power considering his last 2 seasons have been ruined in games against Port :p)
      Can also see him copping alot of attention from tags (along with Sloane) as they are the 2 players Adelaide will be hoping fill the clearance void left by Dangers departure - time will tell.
      Other than that, solid team mate
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Bearfly
      Bearfly
    6. Len
      Len
    7. IPOD
      IPOD
    8. IPOD
      IPOD
      Will teams go with 2 taggers for Sloane and crouch??? I can't think of any teams who have 2 taggers
    9. IPOD
      IPOD
      image.png image.png Here is my team 2nd time around
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Funnily enough, their opponents this week do. Ben Jacobs and Sam Gibson.

Kangaroos are probably the only team who use two players to apply a really hard tag.
    11. IPOD
      IPOD
      Well thats why the kangas will be also rans again if they go with 2 out and out taggers
    12. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Does anyone else experience trouble trying to save their SC team - it just doesn't respond, says it's saving and stays stuck on that forever!!!
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Working for me, as of a moment ago.
    14. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Seems if I try to save using top save button I have the problems - worked no worries with bottom save button
    15. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      K, after limited time for research here is where my team is at just now
      $45,100 in bank

Capture.PNG
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Jason
      Jason
      See if you can get Kerridge on-field.

I heard that Treloar is in some doubt for R1. Otherwise looking good, apart from the Polec selection. ;)

I thought you were warning folks away from choosing Sam Gray, what has changed recently?
    17. Muppets
      Muppets
      I understand the Port bias but personally think Gray is overpriced although offers good POD value if he kills it. I just see him not quite being that top 8 keeper. I then find you never quite trade them out and are left with an underperforming player at the end of the year. Perhaps that's more relevant for league play. I like the Steele pick but can only assume you intend to move him fwd at some point. If that's the case you've probably one too many premos/potential keepers on that line. Nice to see a different team - good luck!
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1
    18. Muppets
      Muppets
      My team:
      Def: Boyd, Laird, KKolo, Gibson, Weitering, Dea, Broad, Hartley.
      Mid: Fyfe, Ablett, Sloane, Shiel, BCrouch, Mills, Menadue, Petracca, Hewett, Kerridge, Davis.
      Ruck: Goldy, Gawn, Cox.
      Fwd: Dahlhaus, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kommer, Adams, AMT.

$108K remaining. Doubt there'll be that much after teams. Where should I spend it (if at all)?
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Good team, one of the better ones I've seen in this thread. :thumbsu:

I'd spend the extra upgrading one of your defenders to Shaw, if I was in your shoes.
    20. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Talk out of Alberton is what has changed mate - from the 24 that played final NAB against Richmond it's White, Toumpas, Amon, Impey and Howard under the pump, especially with Polec locked in for round 1 (which Ken has declared already).

Treloar can easily and quickly be switched to another similar priced mid (Shiel appeals to me a bit), or I could simply keep him and use Kerridge's score as em - although I am considering switching Kerridge with Menadue, especially if Milera doesn't get named - rookies and players like Kerridge and Menadue aren't completely locked in those positions yet, all depends on team selections