ORFFF 2016 Round 1

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Avengers currently 9/829, Steele over Martin not pure genius, looking at around 1300

• Like Like x 1
  2. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Mt thirsty Boozers team that was loaded was;
    suckling 77, smith 49, baguley 71, birchall (Mitch Brown)
    TMitchell 127, SMitchell, Boak, Rockliff (Gibson)
    Lobbe (Frost)
    JRiewoldt 90, Motlop, Petrie 54, JMerrett 57, (Stokes)
    Rischitelli 108, Goddard 81

9/714 not the best of starts but have a few better players to come
    no use discussing loopholes, as I was struggling just to field enough players

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Avengers finish with an approximated 1328
    Mayne the villain with 33, Ward the hero with 142

• Like Like x 1
  4. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeeeow! Come out with 1433. No idea who the Slugs fielded but up against Gaz alone will be no mean feat.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Pretty ordinary 752/10 for the Wedgie Pointers, although still have Blicavs, Lewis, Guthrie, JKolo and Duryea to come tomorrow - hoping for some decent points from at least the first 3, but not expecting anything very high after some pretty poor performances so far :(

Refuse to let @MrsBear on the computer atm to avoid any gloating about her 1301/15 which could've been better if she played Lambert (or even had him as an emergency and loopholed!!!
    Am copping plenty of ribbing at home so I will spare you gentlemen from the same treatment - just think of it as me taking one for the team :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I reckon you have my boys covered Bear, and getting the 4 points is what the Triple F is all about, no matter how ugly it may be !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Looks like 1259 all played for the glow worms, and although some of those were prescaled it wont be enough for a round 1 victory.

8. Bearfly

Think the Pointers finished with about 1204, very mediocre effort tbh with some ordinary individual efforts which will hopefully be addressed at selection this week.
    Will be seriously surprised if this is enough to pull off a victory

9. TheTassieHawk

I'll be clear mate, your team beat my team, no need to disbelieve any longer as I reckon I am around the 1100 mark, let's get the after game seafood bonanza rolling !!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Bearfly

With the mediocre scores both our teams produced, I would think the players have been gorging themselves on the 24 hour seafood buffet and open bar all weekend, including during the game!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Tom Hickey (157 - WTF), Jake Lloyd (128) and a bad back for Jon Ceglar (Bagels) have conspired to see Heard Island defeat Rutherglen by 19 points 1239 - 1220 in a dour affair. The Fugitives were bitterly disappointing across the board and have lost a warrior in Hodge with a busted wrist. Heard Island inspired by Hickey did enough to get over the line. Best to forget this week and bring on round 2. Young Parish impressed in the 2's and is likely to get a call up this week.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bearfly

Bet you're wishing you were up against me or @TheTassieHawk instead mate, would've been a win against either of us :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

It's full time at the Chinchilla Showgrounds and the local team has prevailed over the visiting Boozers from Mt.Thirsty by 1353 to 1216 (subject to verification)
    BOG for The Chumps were Naitanui 153, Hall 129 Armitage 100
    while Mt.Thirsty were well served by the Mitchell boys, Sammy 130 and Tommy 127 and the 200gamer Ritschitelli with 108.

Chinchilla also had some stand out performances in the 2's who were up against the Gurulmundi Gnats in the local league with Caddy 116,Mclean 90 and Sexton 83. These performances may earn them a call up next week to face the Maralinga Atoms.

• Like Like x 3
  14. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the update mate. Good to find out the result so soon, because I wasn't tracking it myself.
    Happy to get a win in a close game. Bad luck to you Tyze (and to the Hawks) with Ceglar going down :(

Thanks for the hospitality in Rutherglen @tyze1

15. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

1353 to 1216 looks like correct weight for me. Well played.

16. TheTassieHawk

17. TheTassieHawk

that might explain Zac Clark and his 26 points as my F4!

while your hospitality was appreciated the boys will be keen to give a better account of themselves at home against Drouin next weekend

and while you have a moment can you please fix up the pothole that saw Swanny break his leg in about 29 pieces early in the first quarter, by the way Swanny sends his thanks for the 200kg canister of happy gas he "forgot" to hand back before he boarded the jetboat back to Aldinga Beach!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bearfly

That was no pothole, that was the air vent to the secret lab in our extensive underground bunker where we have just perfected a new gas that turns humans into ferocious man/shark hybrids - hope Swanny enjoyed his "happy gas", best you keep him locked up now before he starts devouring his team-mates mwahahahahaha :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheTassieHawk

@Bearfly - It sounds like you have Steven Dank heading up the High Performance Unit mate, I am sure it should get the necessary signoff from the ORFFF Integrity Unit unit supremo James Hird !

Good luck against Cockburn, I am sure that they will provide a much sterner opposition this week.