2016 Round 2 Review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Some big scores coming through this week.

I got a 2299 with Captain Danger dragging me down so in pretty happy there.

Not too sure what I'm doing with Barlow, but something Ross said makes me feel that holding him might be the way to go.

Dunno though, think I need to get in JJ this week.

Bah, lots to think about, looking forward to reading the discussions.

Will get the stats up when I can.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Tough for Tomo to fit into that GWS midfield though! Lots of talent in there, with heaps coming through.
    2. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      2198 for me with Danger captain! Puts me at 11,110 overall. Happy with it but you always want more haha. Was just checking out the stats page and it really is very helpful! Also just had a little fun with the trade planner in the my team section and its really cool with the projected prices! Suggest everyone checks it out!

I'm thinking maybe Rockliff won't play this week so perhaps might just leave him for 1 week before turning him into Parker.
      Trades would be McGovern to JJ and Gresham to Papley via DPP for this week.

Anyone think Zaharakis can keep up this scoring potential? Could be a direct swap for Barlow next week with DPP.

Sitting 195 overall in RDT and 2,569 in fantasy! Always seem to go better in the DT formats over the last couple of years.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. bunza52
      bunza52
      Don't think Zaharakis will end the year with a 130+ average, but think he could end up somewhere around 120 mark. He looks super fit and at 26, is in his prime. As one of our senior players, I think he will demand the ball and people, so far, seem willing to give it to him. I can't see many teams tagging him, cos I would think they would go to Goddard first, but really, every team playing us will go into the game super confident (which I guess the Dees did last week :D). Only issues, I think, is mid year and whether the Dons can be bothered putting up a fight or if they will just go through the motions. I am hoping they tough it out as this could be the last chance for the top up players to show other clubs, they have what it takes to play at this level.
    4. bunza52
      bunza52
      Knocked out a 2285, which was way better than last week. Loopholed Dusty and glad I did, as I was going to put the C on Danger. Would like to bring in JJ, Libba and Papley, but think ill end up getting Papley and Libba. Went M.McGovern over Papley, cos I thought 3 first year swans would be too many. And either B. Crouch or Mills will have to make way for Libba.
    5. leb3
      leb3
      Like many I have about 2 or 3 glaring misses from my starting lineup! And a couple that just need to go. Missed out on JJ, Hall and Papley, and stinking it up in my side are Barlow, Rockliff and Corey Ellis.

Thinking that getting onto Papley and rid of Barlow are the priorities, trading Ellis and Barlow for Hall and Papley will leave me with 230k for getting rid of Rockliff (to Ablett) if he doesn't improve this week.

Thoughts?
      • Like Like x 1
    6. insider
      insider
      Lol @anthak super pickup! it was a big weekend for me and clearly not firing on all cylinders. have changed option 1 now.
      Thanks mate
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anthak
      anthak
      2220 for me this week. I'm ok with it, but got some issues to fix up.
      Pretty much scored the same score each week so far after 2212 last week.
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Luke Parker.

Priced at $538,200, averaging 139 so far.

Now, obviously I don't expect that average to continue- but he was on a lot of lists as a potential mid-premium-breakout this year.

Is that what we are seeing? So do we expect him to come back to earth?
    9. drlok
      drlok
      2221 this week after swanny's donut and fyfe as a captain got me off to the worst start ever last week. What's with wingard?? and Does Heater become Gibson? Nailed all my rookies so I can afford one <> trade surely? (BTW my user name used to Hellsangel in TS)
    10. IPOD
      IPOD
      A dismal 2019 which could have been a whole lot worse with getting gobbos 191.
      Looking at getting in Hall and Adams but looking at ridding myself of Barlow rich and Rocky (huh just when you need 3 trades).

I had Hall in early doors then took him out for daulhaus who has been serviceable. I am already in a world of pain and its only r2
    11. Owen
      Owen
      I was thinking maybe a 110-115 average for the year for Parker
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Len
      Len
      Parker was in most of my pre-season teams, ended up going Tom Mitchell instead, slightly more expensive and a slightly lower avg so far, hard to know until they lose or at least fail to dominate, so next week should be able to make the call after we paint the town orange :p

I've got three issues this week to look at properly and decide whether to act or not, and if so which way;
      Rocky, Rich & Ibbotson
      Don't have Libba or Fyfe whom I can afford from Rocky if he is injured, if not still not sure whether to hold him, on exposed evidence he appears to be playing hurt anyway?

Absolutely love the new stats page mate, seriously great work.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      A disappointing 2127 with Rocky and Rich the main culprits, looks like both will be gone this week although considering Barlow out as well

Rocky to Parker looks an easy one for me, will ponder the other move through the week.

I am currently living vicariously through my younger brother as after having a woeful season last year he currently sits no. 1 overall!
      • Like Like x 5
    14. Nick
      Nick
      2317 for me which I'm happy with, especially with Gibbo as I followed my pre season gut feeling that when he goes big, he goes BIG! Didn't realise it would be that big! He was a magnet yesterday.

Looking to ditch Rockliff who came in late for Priddis before round 1 lock out which isn't great.
      Have nailed all the rookie selections, so now it's time for some premium correctional trades. I'm looking at you Barlow....

Barlow > Zach Merret
      Rockliff > Priddis

TU: Good idea
      TD: Not a good idea

Also like the look of Parker instead of Priddis...however worried Titch, JPK and Jack will take too many of his points...
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    15. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      Hi guys - what happened to Jasmine? Miss her captain analysis.

I have decided to go for broke, especially as my team has a relatively good bye profile. Reviewing it this morning I think I am really well set up, now need to trade well. Sorry for the essay but wanted to share my thoughts for feedback.

Here is my team:
      DEF: Johannisen, Shaw, Houli, Adams, Weitering, Dea, AMT, MW Brown
      MIDS: Ablett, Danger, Pendles, Shiel, Libba, Rockliff, B Kennedy, Hewett, Mills, Davis, Dunkley
      RUC: Goldstein, Gawn, Grimley
      FWD: Hall, Wells, Martin, Franklin, Papley, Kerridge, Menadue, McGovern
      Trades: 30, Cash $5,900

Bye profile (Premiums/Rookies/Total):
      • R13 10/9/19
      • R14 11/5/16
      • R15 9/14/23

Under performing Premium: Rockliff, Shaw
      Under performing Rookies: Dunkley, McGovern, MW Brown

Priorities: Ensure cash cows are current, improve set up for R14 bye (avoid Port, WCE, ESS, WB, Syd, Melb)

Cash cows missing: Parish, Hartley (1 game)

Potential trades:
      • Rockliff to Parker – improves underperformer, worsens R14 bye, releases $12k now
      • Rockliff to Zorko – improves underperformer and flexibility, releases $7k now, Zorko only played 1 but POD
      • Rockliff to Zaha – improves underperformer, worsens R14 bye, releases $135k now
      • Mills to Parish – based on averages will make me ~50k more by Round 7, including releasing $9k now.
      • Hartley can wait a week and can't see a sensible trade this week.
      Thoughts?
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
      • Like Like x 2
    16. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Mills to Parish seems the very definition of a sideways trade, you would have to see Parish averaging 15-20 ppg higher - while highly possible it is probably less risky to trade out one of Dunkley and McGovern to Papley and make some fast cash (unless you see threats to Papleys JS)

If you trade Parker/Zaha in can you get back to 19/20 Round 14 players through the expected pre-bye upgrade/downgrade cycle and does this mean passing on any Round 14 premos you see as "must haves"?

Hartley can definitely wait a week, I expect him to be a popular round 4 target provided he breaks 60 this week.
    17. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      Thanks TassieHawk for your thoughts :)

Already have Papley but either way I tend to agree that Mills to Parish is sideways, more of a luxury trade because there are no other cash cows that I need. Probably 30/70 against/for the trade.

Parker gives me a more even spread of Premos (10 for every week) but would limit my future upgrades/downgrades to those without a R14 bye reducing flexibility very early. That said Parker could be top 10 mid, but highly likely that Zorko will be top 6 fwds.
    18. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      The only move out of that lot I would consider this week (and will probably do myself) is Rocky to Parker
    19. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      Does this mean Barlow goes back to averaging ~90. I know if I trade him he'll hit 100 this week.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. walesy
      walesy
      That's the million dollar question!!
      • Like Like x 1