2016 Round 3 Review.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 10, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 10, 2016 at 4:37 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So,

Who has Goldie and Gawn?

What about Weitering?

Trapley?

Lets see some scores as you know em! :D

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 10, 2016.

1. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Good to see some sweet scores amongst this mob.
      2395 for me with Goldy/Gawn.
      No Weitering but think that horse has bolted.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. sbe55430
      sbe55430
      2435 took the c off danger for Gazza's score. Between 120 and 130 I think about it but 135 you have to take. Won all 3 leagues including beating the ex wife trading games team by 2 (thanks dahlhaus).

Put Papley on field for first time this week :(. Biggest disappointment was tossing up a barlow => hall trade all week only to stick with barlow. Hall is going to be a gun.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 1
    3. walesy
      walesy
      Highest score for the round came in with a massive 2,639.

Ridiculous score for round 3! :D
      • Like Like x 2
    4. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Finally got a big move up the overall standings with a round score of 2439, which moved me up 8.6k spots to 3592 overall. Glad I didnt trade Barlow, however going Linc McCarthy to Pap was probably not the best move but could've done a lot worse.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      A very sucky 2261 for Charlie's Ankles this week :( and only 1 of 6 league wins (so happens that 1 was my only cash league :D)

On a much brighter note, another perfect round in tipping (2nd out of 3 rounds) putting me high in all my tipping comps
      - Supercoach Tipping: 11th out of 42,211
      - Sportsbet Tipping: 488th out of 71,554 (1st out of 10 in TS comp on there)
      - AFL Tipping: 265th out of 180,224 (Crownbet rank 116th)
      - iTipFooty.com.au: 3rd out of 4317
      - TopTippa: 6th out of 1613
      - Power Tipping: 7th out of 4360
      - footytips.com.au: 1,281st out of 492,173 site ladder (2nd out of 151 in Mad Punter comp/3rd out of 88 in Punting Baron comp/1st of 39 in PCTC free comp)
      - Largs (SA) RSL Tipping comp: 2nd out of 72

Think I will be putting much more focus on tipping than SC from now on :D
      • Like Like x 10
    6. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      That is some outstanding tipping Bearfly, nice work!
      We bet on Saint Kilda, but we didn't tip them...
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      I'm the opposite, tipped Saints but didn't back them!!!
      Haven't placed any footy bets yet this season, but that is about to change in a few minutes when I throw a redback each-way on Robbie for Brownlow!!!
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      ferral round 3 score here...sub 2200. time to piss off a rookie for a star...

out: mills

in: Dangerfield

bank balance: 209k after transaction
    9. walesy
      walesy
      He's opened like a house on fire!
      • Like Like x 1
    10. anthak
      anthak
      nice one Bear, well done so far... and damn, thats a lot of tipping comps you are in! :)
      • Like Like x 1
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Im with you Walesy. Scored 2308 and went backwards !

I was pretty happy to top 2300 though, cause I had Rich, BCrouch and $426k in the bank.
      Like others, I also took the C off Danger to loophole GAJ. No regrets, I'll continue to take 135s if they come around. Danger will be VC this week :)

Now how to spend that $426k :D
      • Like Like x 4
    12. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Certainly has mate - definitely got the 3 votes in round 1 and round 3 and wouldn't surprise me if he picked up 1 vote in the Showdown, so 6 or 7 votes in first 3 rounds is pretty good
    13. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Only takes 15 to 20 minutes each week to enter tips for all of them.
      But I forgot to mention the most important tipping comp I am in, that's the family comp - beating my Dad will be the ultimate glory :D
      • Like Like x 4
    14. walesy
      walesy
      I always find that I miss one, or two- then I crack it cause I got the away teams and never go back. :D

Think I might need to set up a tab somewhere that you can list all of your fantasy teams/tipping comps/whatever - so that you can cycle through the list on a Friday and check each one off. :D
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      I just set up a spreadsheet each season for all of them and mark of every Friday as they get done - then on Monday I enter the weeks score so I can tell at a glance where my best chances for glory are (definitely not SC in 2016).

And I am most disappointed with Sportsbet not offering their fantasy footy game this season, always enjoyed the difference in their scoring system that always threw up big 3000+ scores later in the season when teams were fully upgraded :(
    16. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      I have had the same problem in the past Walesy - in fact (and I'm embarrassed to admit this given we run a tipping/betting recommendation site) but I forgot to enter all my tips in the work tipping comp this year in Round 1!:(

However we found this tipping site/comp called tipping cartel - it costs money to join and enter (we are in no way affiliated with this mob - other than joining their comps), but they offer short-term comps of 1 & 2 weeks. We have only entered 1 so far (a joint NRL/AFL 1 week comp), came 3rd and made a small profit - seriously small, we made $5!
      A bit of short term tipping fun...
      • Like Like x 3
    17. benny01
      benny01
      Yeah and this week danger will score 135 that we'll take and it's gazs turn to crack out the 166
      • Like Like x 2