2016 Round 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 16, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 16, 2016 at 10:45 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, Houli and Rance can't both go large. Reckon it's worth bringing both in?

What else have you noticed from this round?

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Jason
      Jason
      I noticed this tweet, thought it summed up Friday night perfectly:

• Like Like x 2
    2. Len
      Len
      There may be better ruck options than Hampson, maybe..
      • Like Like x 7
    3. walesy
      walesy
      Can I get a show of hands, who brought in JJ after round 2?

:1: Started with him
      :2: After round 2
      :3: Jumped on after Rd 1
      :4: Nope.
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 15
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 12
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 5
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    4. anthak
      anthak
      how about you Walesy?
    5. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      I noticed how few rookies turning out ok,
      After Weitering, Adams and Parish it is a challenge to think of many that most would be 100% happy in.
      Anthony M-T probably the next best and Dea.
      Out of those 5 I only have Adams, Parish and A M-T
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      Brought him in this week.......
      • Like Like x 1
    7. benny01
      benny01
      Interesting week there's been many poor scores from players who started the first few rounds well.
      How is everyone travelling?
      I'm 1549 from 16 with C only had 4 players crack the 100.
    8. walesy
      walesy
      I tick several boxes.

*cough*
    9. Senator96
      Senator96
      I would say definitely AMT on that list, he has been really good and ive been happy with Dea as well for the price he was. Its really in the midfield that the rookies are very thin. Davis is the latest to spud and although i didnt see the game judging on his numbers might be lucky to hold his place? In hindsight probably should have gone one less premium or midpricer in the backs and one less in the forwards and picked extra one or two in the mids instead. I have oliver and mills that are performing OK, and parish brought in for macaffer looks good, avoided dunkley and gresham but have hewitt and davis. Impossible to avoid all the dud rookies in there!

How did ruggles go yesterday as im looking to bring him in next week maybe for hewett via dpp. He only scored 40 which seems a very low score for 17 disposals at 71%DE.
    10. sbe55430
      sbe55430
      :1:

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      You'll probably get more people admitting to not having him at all, then jumping on the wagon.

He has a bit of injury history but can't really have predicted or factored it in for what happened last night.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Sometimes you can't look too hard at the SC score, at lot of the time it can be quite arbitrary and more to do with how a player effected the game than his stats. In this instance without looking hard I'd say he got a lot of uncontested possessions, not as many kicks with few marks/tackles. Still, he seems to have a good role and fits the need and despite being in just second game can find the ball.

Hardest choice will be deciding on just him or Bryne in next week, or even who should be dropped - it's rather early to cash cows.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. benny01
      benny01
      Looks like most will go with Byrne now
    14. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Or Byrne-jones...
      • Like Like x 3
    15. providore
      providore
      Any views on Dunkley getting back in at the Doggies as the injury toll builds?

I thought this year looked pretty easy on paper, even more after R1, but injuries and form are making it more interesting than the last couple of seasons. That's what i'm telling myself anyway ... it can't possibly be my selection that's the problem (Barlow, Crouch, Priddis, McKenzie ... ouch).
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Dunkley to get another game. Our defensive stocks are a bit thinner than they were a few weeks ago, but our midfield is fine.
    17. Natha
      Natha
      So what are your thoughts on Caleb Daniel and his JS? Fox Footy noted he's been doing quite well down back, with not much fanfare. Tempting price in SC, too ($360k with an 84 ave, although most of his cash has already been made: +$73k)
    18. Jason
      Jason
      He hasn't been playing "down back", not sure what that is about. Against Hawthorn for instance he played the majority of the game opposed to Sam Mitchell.
      Was unlucky not to get the Rising Star nomination in R3, will get one soon enough though.
      Caleb should have absolutely no concerns about his JS.
      • Like Like x 1