2016 Teams: Round 11

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 2, 2016.

By walesy on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:28 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Getting awful close to the byes, and awful close to full teams!

Don't forget that when looking to close out your squads over the next two weeks- if you're looking to bring in a round 11 guy, it might pay to hold off if it means not missing a donut in round 11.

But we're here to talk teams.

Gogogo Cloke! :D

(Or yanno, the real comeback story, Trengove!)

Friday, June 3

North Melbourne v Richmond at Blundstone Arena, 7.50pm AEST

NORTH MELBOURNE
    In: M.Wood
    Out: T.Dumont

RICHMOND
    No change

Saturday, June 4

Hawthorn v Melbourne at the MCG, 1.45pm AEST

HAWTHORN
    In: D.Howe, K.Stewart
    Out: M.Spangher (hamstring), W.Langford (managed)
    New: Kade Stewart (South Fremantle)

MELBOURNE
    In: C.Dawes, J.Trengove, S.Frost, A.vandenBerg, C.Oliver
    Out: C.Garland (cheekbone), B.Newton, J.Viney (hand), B.Kennedy, A.Neal-Bullen

Carlton v Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

CARLTON
    In: C.Byrne, N.Graham
    Out: M.Murphy (ankle), L.Sumner (foot)

BRISBANE LIONS
    In: T.Rockliff, J.Jansen
    Out: R.Lester (leg), R.Mathieson
    New: Jarrad Jansen (East Fremantle/Geelong)

Geelong v Greater Western Sydney at Simonds Stadium, 4.45pm AEST

GEELONG
    In: D.Menzel, L.McCarthy, T.Ruggles
    Out: B.Smedts, J.Murdoch, C.Gregson

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
    In: P.Davis, M.Buntine
    Out: A.Kennedy (shoulder/back), R.Palmer (toe)

Gold Coast v Sydney Swans at Metricon Stadium, 7.25pm AEST

GOLD COAST
    In: J.Joyce, M.Rosa, A.Sexton, T.Miller, C.Ah Chee, K.Kolodjashnij
    Out: C.Cameron, L.Russell, M.Shaw, S.Tape, S.Lemmens (ribs), H.Schade
    New: Jesse Joyce (Palm Beach-Currumbin)

SYDNEY SWANS
    No change

Fremantle v Essendon at Domain Stadium, 5.40pm AWST

FREMANTLE
    In: D.Mundy, M.Apeness, D.Tucker
    Out: G.Ibbotson (wrist), E.Langdon, M.de Boer

ESSENDON
    In: W.Hams, J.Merrett, M.Leuenberger
    Out: M.Hartley (hamstring), J.Kelly (rested), M.Jamar

Sunday, June 5

Collingwood v Port Adelaide at the MCG, 1.10pm AEST

COLLINGWOOD
    In: T.Cloke, B.Macaffer, B.Sinclair, J.Witts, M.Goodyear, J.Marsh
    Out: A.Fasolo (shoulder), T.Adams (hamstring), D.Moore (collarbone)

PORT ADELAIDE
    In: A.Carlile, M.Broadbent, B.Ah Chee, L.Austin
    Out: J.Hombsch (hamstring)
    New: Logan Austin (Belconnen)

Western Bulldogs v West Coast at Etihad Stadium, 3.20pm AEST

WESTERN BULLDOGS
    In: W.Minson, B.Williams, M.Honeychurch
    Out: -

WEST COAST
    In: K.Lucas, A.Gaff, E.Yeo

Adelaide v St Kilda at Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST

ADELAIDE
    In: D.Mackay, R.Laird, M.Crouch

ST KILDA
    In: H.Goddard, J.Billings, J.Webster, T.Lee
    Out: S.Fisher (hamstring)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 2, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Also, how funny is it that Ruggles "eye infection" from last week was in reality, he went to G instead of Etihad! :D
      • Like Like x 4
    2. Senator96
      Senator96
      Seriously??
    3. walesy
      walesy
      *allegedly

But yeah, seriously.
    4. walesy
      walesy
      Matho out!!
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    5. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      And as somewhat expected - Tucker in - will finally break the Bubble

If Freo "manage" the rest of this season to maximise their 2017 season, he may get a few more opportunities too.
    6. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      And Tom Lee to break the bubble too.
      A couple of defender options.
    7. Muppets
      Muppets
      Who would you bring in?:
      1: Tucker
      2: Lee
      3: Sam Collins
      4: Two of the above

M. Brown to make way.
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 4
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    8. IPOD
      IPOD
      Tell me if I am crazy but 2 guys I was gonna trade out Hartley (I know he wasn't gonna play with injury) and BenKen are out so no value to drop. Was originally gonna go BenKen - Rance or Simpson (can't afford docherty in a straight swap) via brown Dpp to fwd line. Now thinking I can hold off at least another week!

Option 1 - go with original plan
      Option 2 - don't trade this week go next week
      Option. 3 - other options
      Thanx in advance
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    9. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      Think if Goldie doesn't play I am going to have to trade him for NicNat :(

Options:
      1. Goldie to NicNat (+$25k) - slightly better bye profile
      2. Grimley to West (-$73k) - more likely to play through the byes but will only be able to play him R14 (Goldie and Gawn)
      3. Grimley to Gorridge (-$99k) - more likely to play through the byes very good bye profile for me
      4. Kennedy to Gorridge (+$124k) - Opens up R/F DPP with Grimley and more likely to play through the byes very good bye profile for me, not making the most of a cash cow may hurt.
      TU. Kennedy to Tippett - I don't like Tippett as an option and struggle to see me winning it with him and Buddy. But does provide great cover and an OK bye. Fwds Zorks, Martyn, Buddy, Hall, Wells.

In my head I'm thinking 1 or 4 but wondering if Tippett is the better option....
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1
    10. IPOD
      IPOD
      Well much procrastinating i have another option will allow the bringing in of Docherty.
      Trade BenKen and Hartley swap M.Brown to the fwds then trade in Collins for the $$$ and up to Docherty.

Will leave me 17 trades and 163k.

Option 1 - Do one trade which is BenKen - Rance leave Hartley to check Collins 2nd game 18 trads 77k
      Option 2 - Do the above 2 trades
      Option 3 - do no trades and sit for a week
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    11. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I have quickly scanned through the teams and checked for players under $200k, if you notice any mistakes or omissions please comment below

green = 1st game this week
      grey = on Sunday benches
      yellow = played last week (note Mathieson is dropped)
      purple = did not play last week but have been named this week
      orange = did not play last week and not named this week, Brand, Polkinghorne and some others may be emergencies

rd11.png
      With Mathieson dropped West, Crocker, McDonald and Paine are the 3rd-5th game options from the yellow group - none of which inspire great confidence. West might be an option for those with a non playing R3 but no Fwd link who are looking for cover if Goldy is a late out.

Does anyone have an opinion on the short term JS (next 3-5 weeks) for those in the Grey group as I will most likely be bringing one of these who make the final 22 or Tucker in this week - unless I take a punt on Crocker, Paine or Collins (1 week early) ??

Of this weeks first gamers Joyce has the Rd13 bye so would be on the bubble heading into Rd14 and with D/M dpp will be one I hope does well this week. I have Trengove pencilled in as a Round 13 downgrade for a rookie such Davis, Smith, Menadue or Milera.

With 4 1st gamers last week and 5 this week I would be hopeful of 2-3 each week during the byes (given there are only 12 teams) and currently have 2 down 1 up planned for Rd13 and 1 down 1 up planned for each of Rd14 and Rd15. This would leave 8 trades for the last 8 rounds and an almost upgraded team but I may review this as I might be running out of trades in the latter rounds.

Attached Files:

12. Bucko
      Bucko
      I'm desperately trying to find something that puts one rookie ahead of the rest but am really struggling.

Trengrove is on my radar, ultimately I just want bench cover, so JS is important. If he doesn't get injured surely he has a permanent spot in the Dees lineup ??

Also tossing up whether its worth the punt on an unknown such as Joyce at $102k, knowing full well he may be out of the team next week. Swinging to def and mid could work ok to open up DPP with Bartel and use as loophole for captain or emg. Bailey Williams also falls into that basket if he makes the final cut.

Jansen is also an interesting one, I know he was in a lot of teams pre-season. Brissy obviously have a lot of faith giving him Johnno Brown's number 16

Tom Lee has the best B/E, however his JS is obviously the concern.

So, in short I have NFI !
      • Like Like x 1
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I have realised that with Ruggles at D8 and a full Defence I won't be able to bring in Tucker this week and Collins next week unless I push B Smith or McVeigh into the mids for a while which is not ideal or trade Ruggles out next week (current plan is to trade him in Round 15). So it's probably an either/or situation.

Right now my planned trades for tomorrow morning are M Brown to Tucker and Kerridge to Zorko (then no trades next week so I can make 2 or 3 in Round 13).

If I end up deciding Tucker has decent JS I will pull the trigger. Otherwise I am now tempted to hold off trading for this week and delay my upgrade/downgrade for a week to bring in Collins next week if he is named rather than trade him in a week early.
    14. Bucko
      Bucko
      What's your thinking on Tucker ? Why him over other DEF rookies like Lee ?
    15. walesy
      walesy
      There is so much love and confidence for Collins over the fantasy landscape.

Is that just cause of the age thing? JS?

His WAFL stats line up pretty much across the line with his AFL stats, maybe 20% higher, so I don't envisage too much growth on that front.

So what's the deal?
    16. walesy
      walesy
      Tucker killed it in the WAFL last week. 29 touches, BOG performance.

Reckon he'll still be in and out of the team, but he's got the most upside for mine.
    17. Len
      Len
      Not sure Lee gets the jumper this week or every week, I heard Goddard was believed to be ahead of him last week, could have been a "my friend's hair dresser" story too
    18. traviso
      traviso
      Am i nuts to be thinking of trading brown to paine to get kennedy to gray? Or wait a week or 2 for some better downgrade options?
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Not sure how many bonafide forward rookies there will be in the upcoming weeks!!

Jansen should go alright, Hams maybe?

LittleUberGiant is meant to be getting a game soon- but who know's how he'll go.