Best Buys - Lucky last

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Aug 4, 2016.

By tipbetpro on Aug 4, 2016 at 1:13 PM
  1. tipbetpro

tipbetpro Active Member

Well given trades are running out (for everyone I assume), I thought I'd do one more Best Buys as at this point in the season its not about making money or the future - its about who you can afford and who will do well in the last few rounds.

So no big lists this week, as I don't know how much money everyone has - instead I'm going to suggest a few options for each position.

Defenders:
    Rance, Shaw, Laird, Enright and Sloane - these options should have you covered from $450k to $550k (EDIT - obviously Sloane was just there to keep you on your toes, but JJ and Bartel are other options down back)
    They've all shown something, and are all reasonably priced.
    A lot of upside with the likes of Shaw and Rance - they'd be the pick of the bunch, but if you have them already then Laird, Enright and Bartel should also do well.
    As we know, the cats have an easy run home so Geelong players might be a good pick up, but equally they might choose to rest players... might.
    JJ - well he is there for those that like to roll the injury dice to save a few dollars.

Midfielders:
    Hannebery, Treloar, Robbie Gray, Priddis and Pendlebury - again these options should have you covered from ~$480k to ~$580k
    Hannebery did well as BoTW last week, but is still cheap, as is Treloar.
    Priddis and Gray are good mid-range options, both should be solid.
    Pendlebury is amazing cheap for (and I'll cop it for this), someone I think is perhaps the next best SC mid after Danger.
    My choice of these 5 is still Hannebery.

Rucks:
    If you don't know who I think you should have by now, then there is no hope for you...
    That said, will NicNat or Sandi make a big impact in the final weeks? Well maybe, but if you have Goldy and Gawn I wouldn't be trading them out anytime soon!

Forwards:
    Dahlhaus, Montagna, Wells, Zorko, Merrett and Martin - again a nice range of prices there with Dahlhaus being very cheap - will he regain his old form?
    Most people probably have Martin, and probably even Merrett - but both are solid options if you have the cash.
    Monty is another cheap option, whilst Zorko and Wells fill that middle ground - Zorko needs to find his old form and Well needs to not get injured again.
    Out of these 6, I like the risk of bringing in Dahlhaus - its all or nothing time!

Anyway, that's it from me for Best Buys for the year.
    Good luck with the last few rounds of SC - there's just not a lot I can add really.

Cheers

http://www.tipbetpro.com/

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 7

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Iain
      Iain
      Good work on these mate, I appreciate the effort doing them. Cheers.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Final rd20 Sunday teams

Carl v StK
      Int; Weitering, Thomas, Walker, Graham
      Emerg; Sumner, Whiley, Everitt
      Walker, Thomas for Everitt, Sumner

StKilda v Carlton
      Interchange; Armitage, Gresham, Fisher, Minchington.
      Emergencies; McKenzie, Shenton, Holmes.
      Fisher in for McKenzie.

Geel v Ess
      Int; Caddy, Cockatoo, Cowan, Menegola
      Emerg; Kersten, Lang, Ruggles
      Henderson, S Selwood, Caddy 4 Ruggles, McCarthy, Kolodjashnij

Ess/Geel
      Int; Parish McKenna Polkinghorne Grimley
      Emer; Redman Langford Hams
      Kelly Brown Grimley JMerrett for Michael Hams Fantasia Langford

Frem/WC
      IC;Langdon Tucker Apeness Hughes
      E;Sutcliffe Taberner deBoer
      Sandilands Ballantyne Apeness Hughes 4 Dawson deBoer Sutcliffe Taberner

WC/Frem
      Int; Sheed, Yeo, Tunbridge, Nelson
      Emerg; Redden, Jetta, Ellis
      Naitanui, Yeo, Nelson, Barrass for Butler, Mackenzie, Karpany, Duggan
      • Like Like x 1
    3. bunza52
      bunza52
      Does anyone here know buzz or have his mobile? I am playing him this week and he has his captain set on Cox.....hope someone reads this and get this info to him in the in next 14 mins
    4. benny01
      benny01
      anyone keen on Devon Smith? I was interested in him as a smoky but I can't go past Dahlhaus
    5. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      Every single one of those, plus Stefan Martin and (whilst not a premo) Jacob Hopper. Meaning I'm in pretty much the same boat, not fully upgraded and relying on Naismith to plug the gap left by Deledio who is sitting on my bench. (At least I don't have Pendles :eek:). It has been a disappointing year, as I think I have made reasonable decisions but my ranking is still languishing around 30K :(

Good luck to all for finals, and to those impressive few who are still in the running for the overall.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. lukus
      lukus
      Stef Martin as well? Ouch!

I have Pendles and I had Hopper. I imagine you had M Adams too? Although he did make great money anyway. I'm sitting just outside the top 2K but I reckon the Pendles injury will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I can see myself sliding form here on in.
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      i think a lot of teams have had similar issues this year, i guess it is always worth keeping an eye on which players are the most likely to manage 22 games as much as it is the players who will average the most points, you will still get injuries but 2 or 3 less injuries makes a big difference and would be the reason people may steer clear of too many players like Fyfe, Rocky, Ablett, Deledio, NicNat etc until late on next year, while you might get someone like Buddy who defies his past history and plays more games its definitely a risk/reward tradeoff that needs to be strongly considered, especially now that expansion clubs aren't hoarding the talent and rookies are a little more hit or miss in my opinion
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      no changes for the swans and power, Frawley and Hogan are out in the Hawks vs Dees match replaced by Heatherley and Pedersen
    9. benny01
      benny01
      How bad is the Pendles injury? It could shoot me up the ladder a bit. I still have 2 trades left after using 2 this week. I don't think many up the top will have many left.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I have no idea on pendles but I gather from other sites there would be a large proportion of the top 100/1000 on 0/1 trade after this week. This is where the SC trade counter would be super handy.

My hope is to win my Qualifying Final in my main league that way I can give Pendles a fortnight to be right if needed, no dobt we will hear more early this week.
      • Like Like x 1