ORFFL - Two to go

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Kel, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Kel

Kel Moderator

ORFFL

Two games to go – The run home:

The top 6 are now locked in however who takes the final 2 positions is anything but certain with 6 teams still capable of making it.

Although the Pyrite have secured a finals spot they will play a key role in who makes it with games against contenders Humpty Doo and Mt Buggery. The Hammerheads have charged into the eight and now have destiny in their hands whilst the Disappointments have been anything but in the last 5 weeks and are well in the hunt.

The Quolls are scratching and fighting their way through the last few rounds as quolls do (can be nasty little bastards apparently) and have fought their way back in after slipping out briefly. The final round clash with the Hammerheads probably the key clash of the final 2 weeks.

Coulta have continued doing what they do, poor Bear, must have torn out all his hair by now, and are reliant on others losing. Lucky the Power are doing so well :cool:. Can they cause the upset of the season and knock off the Savages? I think we all very much hope so.

Not going to make any predictions this time, I will let you all draw your own conclusions.

Sarah Island (15 wins – 0 losses, 20964 points)

As predicted have continued on their merry way. D3 and D4 would be a concern but otherwise have high end performers and depth.

COU 9
    BDB 15

Glenrowan Gunslingers (13-2, 19533)

Had a slip up against Mallacoota and scraped home last week against Popanyinning. Will still finish 2nd but would be looking to build some form heading in to the pointy end of the season.

JIM 12
    WAR 17

Mallacoota Magicians (11-4, 19073)

A nice run of form with 3 wins since the bye including taking out the second placed Gunslingers sees them move into third on points scored. Recent scoring would suggest they win their next 2 and lock in third.

TLP 5
    POO 18

Popanyinning Pyrite (11-4, 18282)

Will be ruing the close loss last week to the Gunslingers which would have locked in a top 4 spot. They now face 2 teams in elimination final mode which will test their finals credentials. Could still hang on to 4th even if they drop both depending on other results.

HDH 7
    MBD 10

Tarwin Lower Pigs (10-5, 17959)

Results have gone as predicted since the byes. Will likely have to win this week against the Magicians to hold on to 5th but are assured of their first finals. J

MAL 3
    PBR 14

Smiths Beach Seagulls (9-6, 18437)

Got taken out by a rampant Pointers outfit in R17 but otherwise have been solid. May well sneak ahead of the Pigs if they win both, however either way will be playing finals.

WAR 17
    JIM 12

Humpty Doo Hammerheads (8-7, 18245)

Maybe Lucas getting out of home and off the hooch is exactly what the Hammerheads needed as they have charged into finals contention jumping up to seventh. Still have 2 tough games but win those and they are in baby – Agadoo doo doo.

POP 4
    QUE 8

Queenstown Quolls (8-7, 17450)

Are back in the eight after a nice win against Coulta. Must win against an improving Bullfrogs this week before a classic final round eliminator against the Hammerheads.

BUN 15
    HDH 10

Coulta Couldabeens (7-8, 18636)

Continue to be all over the shop and impossible to pick. Even if they win both, including this week against the Savages they might still miss out.

SAR 1
    WOY 16

Mount Buggery Disappointments (7-8, 18381)

3 zip since the break has brought Walesy and the gang right back into contention although they still need results to fall their way. Should account for Poowong before the final round clash with the Pyrite.

POO 18
    POP 4

Milikipati Snakes (7-8, 17781)

Have been the real sliders since the byes dropping all 3 and now look most unlikely to make it. Have 2 winnable games but will be relying on other results to go their way.

PBR 14
    BUN 15

Jimcumbilly Jackrabbits (7-8, 17466)

Have kept themselves in contention with some good results but with the lowest ‘points for’ of those still in the race will most likely miss out regardless of winning the final 2 games, which are both tough games regardless. Showed what they can do with a round high score of 1487 last week.

GLE 2
    SBS 6

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Humpty V Quolls in the final round is gunna be a big one!!

3. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Who would have thought the season where some muppet went undefeated is also the most interesting finals race?

• Like Like x 1
  4. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Not sure of lockout time, just updated my team 20min ago or so... Otherwise it's last weeks team for me...

5. Kel

Kel Moderator

This is the pivotal game of the final round.

upload_2016-8-1_9-26-44.png

If HDH win
    - They finish at least 7th and can move up to 6th if TLP lose to PBR.
    - QUE will then be relying on all of MBD, MIL and JIM to lose as they have the fewest points for.
    - MBD win against POP they move into 8th on points scored.
    - MIL win against BUN and MBD lose they move in 8th
    - JIM win against SBS and MBD and MIL lose (or MIL win and JIM score 180 more) they move into 8th.
    If QUE win
    - They will finish 7th.
    - and MBD win, HDH will need to outscore MBD by 31 to finish 8th
    - MIL and JIM will have to win and outscore HDH by 572 and 752 respectively to finish 8th.

• Like Like x 2
  6. walesy

@Poppinfresh doughboys, you guys didn't feel like throwing this week, did ya? ;)

7. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Any result where MBD don't finish 8th is fine with me. They pantsed us a couple of weeks ago! :confused::eek:

8. walesy

HDH + QUE draw for the win. :D

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

We tried to knock off the Savages, but unfortunately with Jasper copping a fwd tag and Zaha continuing to resemble a black and red :spud:, we just couldn't score enough to knock them off.

10. walesy

I think the :spud: was redundant. :D

11. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Pretty sure if you beat POP I'll have a good chance to jump into the Top 4 and away from the your grasp :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

And another Quoll bites the dust.

Queenstown going through players like Carlton goes through, well, players I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kel

Kel Moderator

Good news for the Pigs with Rory Lobb cleared of serious injury. Any slim chance of a finals win would have been cactus if he was out for the rest of the year. Can probably afford for him to miss this week coming up against Nathan Vardy though. :donut: :D

14. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Sorry that your finals chances had Gawn begging!

So assuming we are having finals this year, we're waiting for @3n4nsy to choose his opponent, then @Doobs then @thokash

15. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

I call on Queenstown Quolls and their coach @Iain to front up to Sarah Island and face their punishment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Brave man, will be a bit embarrassing if Queenstown pull out one of their blinders.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

17. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Haven't seen Doobs for nearly a fortnight - if he doesn't get on by Thursday do we just default him with the Hammerheads and Kash picks his opponent then we can set up the .csv fixtures?

18. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

Yeah, I considered that. But then it's going to be embarrassing if I lose to anyone, and all things considered, if I was to be embarrassed I'd most like it to be at your hands.

BTB, @port_leschenault , I've tweeted @Doobs which is really my only way of contacting him aside from the closed loop that is TS. @thokash is ready and waiting with an opponent picked out at any rate. Let the (real) games begin!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Doobs

Doobs Active Member

Hey sorry guys

Didnt realise picking opponents was a thing for finals (as ive never been here before!)

Let me have a look and let you know, is it anyone 5-8 minus Quolls who SAR picked?

20. walesy

Yep, that's the deal.