Supercoach Draft Money League

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by BrockyFreo, Mar 19, 2016.

1. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

The problem with draft? people lose interest if they don't draft well.

We have solved this, and we have been running an 8 man league for the last couple of years with the following rules, and with money on the line, it has worked very well (people are keen to trade throughout the year, and trading between teams is what we love).

Are you looking for a draft competition that will last the year, with fans that will be serious, and all trying to win? We are this year looking to extend to 14 teams so the prize is bigger.

(serious players only, we love draft, it is our whole life for the next 6 months, and we love to trade, we don't want dead players, we don't want complainers, we want people who are willing to offer trades over and over again until agreements can be found. I state again: Trading is what this is all about!

This is a fun league, and the money is to keep it fun, so that we are all invested in the year (the competition is backed by my business Brocky's TV, so that everyone involved is safe with their investment for the year, my business name is at stake). (you can visit this here: www.brockystv.com.au)

Draft Date, Tuesday 5/4/16 at 7:30pm.
    22 Players, play each team once, skip byes and play finals. Start round 3 (same as normal supercoach)

Rules:
    Commissioner based approval with majority rules (disputes only are raised and StrawPoll will be used for disputes with a 48hour timeframe given).
    There is NO trading with dead teams (those who have given up, or no longer in finals contention).
    There is NO team dumping (any trades that are considered unfair will be raised with commissioner for Strawpoll voting (be sure to allow 48 hours) trades offered on a Thursday/Friday that are disputed may not be completed until the monday (however will still be mandatory of the Poll is approved or denied)..
    There is NO block trading because you want a player instead of that person.
    There is NO trade waiver priviliges (be online and get any players in free trade).

The competition is $20.00 entry (enough to make people try, but not enough to break the bank!)
    The winner will receive $150.
    Second Place will receive $50
    Highest overall score will receive $80.00
    There is no admin fee.

As you can see from the above, there is the possibility to win as much as $230 (if you score the most and win it all) or 3 people can make a decent win.

All players must be Paid by 25/3/16 or booted. Need all 14 teams paid a week before draft to be sure (so there is time for replacement to be found).

Draft number is 696110 (Name: I'll Av a Draught thanks!)

2. sheffield8375

sheffield8375 New Member

G'day Brocky,

Sounds grand - I just joined the league. Couple of questions:

• I'm assuming that draft is 7:30 Melbourne time? I'll be joining in from a different time zone, in Darwin
    • How do I go about paying the entry fee?
    Looking forward to draft night!

3. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Yep 7:30pm Melbourne time (I'm in Queensland so 6:30pm here for example). 5/4/16 is draft day.

Bank details are in the comments, made it payments in by 29th March, to give people the long weekend to pay. But do it asap.

At 9/14 people, jump on fast! Draft number is 696110

4. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Need 4 more, still 2 weeks before draft. Come and join a real competitive Draft Comp.

League Code: 696110

Draft date is 5/4/16 (14person league)

5. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

I just come on here to ask about why I am only seeing 10 teams on SC site.
    Ok,given it is 2 weeks till draft I think I can safely assume now the 14 teams is what it will really be.
    About to go pay with an electronic transfer with info you placed on SC Draft site.
    Thanks mate.

6. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Yeah cheers mate, still two weeks, best to get everyone paid straight away so we know early if we need to replace anyone.
    Still a couple spots free if anyone wants!

7. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

How come I am now seeing only 19 players a team in settings ?
    Please explain.
    Bit strange to change it without letting us all know as a whole.
    Thankfully I noticed a few hours before the draft than during the draft.

8. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Was a complaint I received early on, as soon as I posted the original request for members. When we jumped from 8 teams to 14 we copied the settings across. This was a mistake in writing and was corrected straight away, I'm sorry I didn't re-post the change, (was just the amount of people who complained made it a common sense change).

Again, I'm sorry for not posting.

**Edit When I say complaint above, it was from the currently subscribed members stating that there would no be enough players at 14x22. That's why the change was made straight away (I thought before anyone else had joined).

9. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Ok, cool mate.
    Thanks for explaining the mishap.

Did a mishap myself on pre-draft list. For some reason I got it in my head Brendan Ah Chee was FWD-MID so he was higher on my pre-draft list thinking dual position forward. Turns out he is mid only so pre-draft list grabbed him last night when I was not around.

Anyway, I did a direct trade late at night for trading him for free agent mid, Billy Hartung.
    Also traded Andrew Walker to get another ruck option as the pre-draft list grabbed another defender at end when if I was around would have liked another ruck option. So Walker got traded for free agent Leuenberger. Feel my squad is a little more balanced now.

10. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Some good teams, I was happily surprised to see the depth we all came out with at the end!

11. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Now in business end of season.
    Good luck in preliminary final against me, just not too much luck. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. ORFFWizard

ORFFWizard Active Member

Think I am just about gone. Billings as a forward with only 46 I think kills me off.
    Played Josh Kelly in midfield ahead of Ryan Griffen cost me a few points but the difference I think the weak spot that will cost me is Billings.
    Not much from Dylan Shiel did not help but Buddy and Gawn starring for you likely to prove too good.
    I think I need Selwood getting 150 as captain to have any remote hope but even then I am relying on all of Laird, Leunberger and KK probably needing 100 each which just expecting too much from 4 players left.

Well done. Aggressive trading of getting class players into your squad when injured looks like paying off.
    The one trade I did all season was when another coach was offering Jordan Lewis when he was out of form for Dale Thomas.
    Did not have to think long to accept those terms.

13. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Was lucky to get the timing right on a few trade offers!
    Helps having a couple of 150+ players in the finals and a 120 captain!

Cheers mate, great final