2016 Post Season Trade Discussions

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Discuss below, post completed trades in the other thread

Trade period opens 7th of Sept

• Like Like x 3
  2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Re-posting Blimps' trade list here, though the amount of trading I'll be doing before AFL trade season is done and player re-positioning are verified is most likely going to be minimal. Everyone is tradeable, but the prices vary of course.

Top of Tree - best offers only:
    Rance (def)
    May (def)
    Coniglio (mid)
    Tyson (mid)
    Newnes (mid)
    Lyons (mid/fwd)
    Walters (fwd)
    Brown (fwd)

Harvey (retiring, I think - if he plays on somewhere else I'll retain him, if he retires, he isn't worth trading)

Upper branches - like these guys, I'll be looking to keep, but still ...:
    Adams (def/fwd, will be a def)
    Mcdonald-Tipungwuti (def/fwd)
    Saad (def)
    Edwards (mid/fwd)
    Young (mid, will be mid/fwd)
    Nicholls (ruck)

Mid branches - mainly younger guys with potential. Will keep, but open to a chat:
    Carlisle (unsure of position - most likely def or def/fwd)
    Byrne-Jones (def)
    Gleeson (def)
    Hill (mid, and perhaps on the move)
    Trengove (mid)
    Hrovat (fwd, might end up being mid/fwd)

Lower branches - might help fill depth holes if interested:
    Stratton (def)
    Greenwood (mid)
    Barrett (mid)
    Ceglar (ruck, inj - probably going to miss most of 2017, so be aware!!
    Vickery (pending any free agency movement) (fwd)

Deadwood:

Maric (ruck)
    Cooney (ret)

Alternatively, presented in position, ordered by 2016 average - italics = retired or probably retiring:
    DEF:
    Rance, May, Adams, McDonald-Tipungwuti (F/D), Saad, Gleeson, Byrne-Jones, Stratton.
    MID: Coniglio, Tyson, Lyons (M/F), Newnes, Young (to be a M/F), Edwards (M/F), Greenwood, Trengove, Hill, Barrett.
    RUCK: Nicholls, Ceglar, Maric.
    FWD: Harvey, Lyons (M/F), Cooney, Walters, Young (to be a M/F), Edwards, Brown, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Hrovat, Vickery.

* Not included - Jake Carlisle (D/F) to return in 2017.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Here be the Spelunkers, if the player isn't here he is not available.

I have a couple of these guys up for auction, but like Chris, I'm not expecting a lot of trades happening this period given the uncertainty of positions / structures etc.

Here are the lines ranked by averages (Hooker average from last year)
    Def: Cale Hooker, Luke Brown, Phil Davis, Shaun Atley, Sam Butler, Kieran Collins
    Mid: Kieran Jack, Stephen Hill, Andrew Swallow, Ryan Bastinac, Adam Oxley, Liam Duggan, Ben Keays
    Forward: Mark LeCras, Mitch Honeychurch, Mitch McGovern, Liam Duggan, Jack Lonie, Jarrod Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Backs;
    Rory Laird, Zachary Williams, Jack Hombsch, Orazio Fantasia, Michael Hartley, Marco Paparone, Adam Tomlinson (Fwd), Daniel Rich (Mid)
    Mids;
    Callan Ward, Josh Kelly, Lachie Whitfield, Marc Murphy, Luke Dunstan, Lachie Weller, Matthew Kennedy, David Myers, Daniel Rich (Def)
    Forwards;
    Devon Smith, Caleb Daniel, Jo Daniher, James Rose, Josh Bruce, Will Hoskin-Elliot, Riley Knight, Jamie Elliott, Shaun Hampson (Ruck, Andrew Phillips (Ruck), Patrick Ryder (Ruck)
    Rucks
    Matt Flynn, Shuan Hampson (Fwd), Andrew Phillips (Fwd), Patrick Ryder (Fwd)

PSD Draft Picks: 2, 20, 56, 74, 92

All players potentially tradeable
    Not averse to downgrading pick 2, would like to bring 4 active picks into the first 2 rounds..
    I have 4 rucks, probably an opportunity there for trade

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Looking to freshen the team up and make some deals. Will move my older guys for the right offer. Please dont low ball them they have value to me and I will simply keep them and finish top 4 again if the offer isnt right :)

AVAILABLE
    Gary Ablett Jnr - OK let me clarify. I dont wanna hear 'he is worth less due to injury' If you want him, bid big.
    Luke Hodge
    Jarrod Harbrow
    Shaun Burgoyne
    Jarrad Waite
    Jack Riewoldt

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bandit

@ChiefRussell Chief bet needs to take note of @jimbowan's bragging about having the bloody best team in the comp, even if he doesn't have a fruck (typo intended)

• Like Like x 1
  7. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

HA! I clearly dont have the best team in the comp having only won 1 of 5 flags and having an aging and fruckless team. The Lefties have that sewn up with an unlucky Chief neck and neck with him.

• Like Like x 2
  8. chris88

But Ablett is worth less because he is inju ...... oh, sorry.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bandit

Enough to drive you frucking crazy

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bandit

and he is old, and follicly challenged, and in a shit side

@jimbowan how about Zac Dawson and a packet of burger rings?

• Like Like x 2
  11. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

I am not going to be overly active in the 2016 post-season period with the uncertainty over player positions and retirements but in the 2016/2017 pre-season will be looking to do at least one trade of a PSD pick for an experienced player.

Available: 2017 PSD pick 26 and/or 2017 PSD pick 44

Want: Player(s) to strengthen Cradle Mountain’s best 15. Would prefer to trade in a forward or ruck. Will consider players over 28 years of age.

Plan to have 4 PSD picks, currently 8, 26, 44 & 62.

I have listed the entire Cradle Mountain Devils squad below, so that club’s interested in doing a trade can see who is currently in the forward line and rucks, and have included the rest of the squad as well so I could get a feel for what it looked like with the return of Heppell and Hurley. Want to retain all of the players clearly in the Devils best 15, and the only player 21 years of age or under that is likely to be cut is Daniel McStay. Players most likely to be delisted or traded are players over 21 years of age that aren’t in the best 15 or are borderline selections.

Def: M Hurley, L Spurr, N Vlastuin, J Lever, S Gilbert, N Smith, D McStay, Z Jones
    Mid: S Pendlebury, D Heppell, S Grigg, D Zaharakis, J Redden, L Shiels, J Hopper, J Gresham
    Ruc: J Roughead, T Nankervis, B Longer
    Fwd: D Zorko, S Johnson, T Membrey, B Kennedy, D Petrie, J Steele, H Himmelberg, T Boyd, J Walker

• Like Like x 3
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The current list of Battlers.

Def: Enright, Houli, T McDonald, Cutler, Dea, Sheridan, L McDonald, Dawson, Hampton
    Mid: Treloar, Hunter, Ebert, Rischitelli, Atkins, Blakely, Lonergan (D/M), Jetta, Robertson, Partington
    Fwd: Weller (F/M), Mayne, Lloyd, Green, Taylor (F/M), Turner
    Ruc: McEvoy, Clarke (R/F), McKay (R/F)

Current picks: 12, 17, 30, 38, 66, 84

Happy to field all enquiries but, as with the rest of you, some will obviously cost more than others. Looking to refresh the list somewhat, so the elder statesmen of the group are more likely to be available than the youngsters – unless the offer is a head turner, of course. And happy to package players and picks if what you're offering warrants it.

Stating the obvious, but a quality forward or two would be more than useful and I'm always happy to consider a decent mid. Or if anyone wants to help improve my ruck division, then :thumbsu:

No :spud:‘s need be offered (I’ve farmed enough of those over the journey!) nor anyone looking at the retirement home as an option in the near future.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

I would like only good players to be traded to me and am more than happy to part with older, worse players in return.
    Please make sure that everyone abides by this rule when trading with me. :p:thumbsu:

• Like Like x 7
  14. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hahahaha.... well it seems to have been a theme at times so I thought I'd get on board! :p

• Like Like x 2
  15. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Haha! Not directed specifically at you JC, it's just that everyone says it every time. I've said it myself

• Like Like x 3
  16. chris88

That is superb.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

With celebrations still in full swing at the Goon, navel-gazing has not really entered our minds (other than in the literal sense when driving the porcelain bus).
    Nonetheless, we're not really ones for soul searching, post season analysis, so throw an offer our way if someone interests you.
    May consider abandoning a three-peat if the right offer came for some of our elder mids or fwds. Carrots would be in the form of young mids or draft picks. Unlike some greedy bastards around here, we might even settle for something less than blindingly outrageous. :D

Not gonna list our squad, you should know our boys by now, they're the ones with all the sparkly necklaces. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Len

We apparently need a gloating thread :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Len, can we get an emoticom (sic?) for spewing?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Len

:spew:

• Like Like x 3