2016 Post Season Auctions

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Auction rules:
    1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time.

2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time.

3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale.

4. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary.

5. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so.

6. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser.

7. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional.

8. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade.

9. Once a bid is tabled the bid is live until reject OR deemed beaten by the person conducting the auction, it cannot be materially altered once tabled.

10. No bid can be conditional on outcomes not directly related to the auction at hand.

Opens 7th of Sept

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Let's the cull commence... if anyone bids lol

Three players to fill the 3rd or 4th spot on a line, and one that will fill the first spot in defence in most teams.

First player on the block, Kieran Jack, turns 30 in June
    Stats say it all. 21 or more games per year since 2008 except for 2011 where he played 16
    90 average this year with 8 100+, average previous 4 years 112, 109, 102, 98
    Looking for draft picks or young players (under 22). No third round or later (even second round is a push), no players under 80 average or lower.

Second, Mark LeCras
    Just turned 30 (August 30)
    22 games this year, 21 last year, then 15 the two seasons before
    Average of 84 with 7 100+, 90, 82 and 79
    Looking for draft picks or young players (under 22).

Third, Andrew Swallow, turns 30 in June
    22 games 2009-2912 then 17, 15, 19 & 21 this year, with 5 100+
    Averages since 2009: 99, 106, 112, 109, 101, 93, 94, 85
    Looking for draft picks or young players (under 22).

Finally Cale Hooker, turns 28 in October
    in 2015 was in the top 10 defenders with an average of 90, with 79 and 77 the years before that.
    Played 22 games the last three seasons, and is as durable as any. Had D/F eligibility before the bombers season was ended, no reason he won't carry that into next year..
    Looking for draft picks or young players (under 22). No second round or later (unless multiples, no players under 80 average or lower.

For those looking to swap picks with me, I am prepared to discuss picks 61,79,97, nothing earlier.

Happy to consider bids for multiples, although it could make evaluating bids against single player bids or other multiples hard.

Auction runs until Monday 12 September @ high noon Melbourne time

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Replicated from trade discussion thread.

OK, I'm going to dip my toe in the water and put up a player for auction.

Name: Marcus Adams
    Club: Western Bulldogs
    Position D/F (will be D only in 2017)
    2016 Avg: 11 games, 80.6 ppg.

I am looking for a first round draft pick - and a good one. Given how good Marcus was in his first year at the Bulldogs, the sky is the limit.

Auction open till 11pm on Grand Final Day. I'll consider reasonable offers as they come in, and notify via this thread if/when any meet reserve.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chris88

No bids means no auction I guess.

Mr Adams will return to Darraweit once he is finished celebrating along with his Bulldogs mates. Discussions can continue privately perhaps. I'll be around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Something I've noticed a bit with the auctions, the more defined the reserve the less likely people are to bid, perfectly entitled to define them as much as want of course, just noting the trend..

• Like Like x 2
  6. chris88

Reckon that's a very fair call Len.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yep, I've learnt my lesson there

• Like Like x 1