Nominations period for board positions

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Jan 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

9am 03/01/17 to 11:59pm 21/01/17 - Nominations period for board positions
    Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-calendar-of-events.89398/#FiKWuIPTAlzOZFIH.99

We are currently in the nomination period for board positions, including the ORFFF Commish. My apologies for getting this post up late.
    Last year, we ended the season with just 2 board members, @Bearfly and me. We need 3 and can be new or old.

The role of the Board is a body of elected or appointed members who jointly oversee the operations of the ORFFF. This encompasses discussing matters of issue raised in ORFFF, proposing a variety of recommendations to those issues for a collective and united solution / decision and assist the Commissioner with ensuring the success and enjoyment of the ORFFF for all that are way too serious for fantasy football.

If anyone wants to be on the ORFFF board, please register your interest in here in this thread.

There are 3 positions. If we have more than 3 nominees, we will hold an election.
    Nominations close 11:59pm on Saturday 21st Jan (appox one week away)

Please see more rules here: 7. POSITIONS OF POWER

Please ask any questions below.

2. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

I am indeed skulking around - and willing to accept the nomination from @That KI Guy and put my name forward for a board spot.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for not being around much lately chaps, am flat out with planning for the Tunarama Festival, but I'm more than happy to go around again on the board.
    Won't get much out of me until after the 29th, but after that I'm back in footy mode :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dale Duivesteyn

Dale Duivesteyn Well-Known Member

I'm happy to contribute towards anything fellas. If you need me for a board position, i can accommodate. I'm always nerding out on afl fantasy during the season, so it should be a piece of cake.

• Like Like x 2
  6. anthak

Awesome, @Darran @Bearfly and @Dale Duivesteyn
    That makes 3 of you :) so we will only need an election if someone else is nominated.

One of you will need to be Commish.

The role of the Commissioner is to regulate and control the operations of the ORFFF. This encompasses making a final ruling, casting a tie breaker vote, ensuring that all coaches have an opportunity to have a say, discussing matters of issue raised in ORFFF with the Board and to ensure the success and enjoyment of the ORFFF for all that are way too serious for fantasy football.

You can decide amongst yourselves who it will be :)

I will remain in the role until Jan 31, and im happy to do a bit of a handover after.

Good on you all for getting involved in this

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brett Sanders

Brett Sanders Well-Known Member

Hey guys, sorry for the late response. My alert emails were going through to junk mail. Thanks @That KI Guy for the nomination. Im happy to help out where ever needed if any positions are still in need of filling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. anthak

Excellent, thats great to hear mate. We've already got the 3 board positions covered.
    Have a look in the other thread to let us know if theres anything youre interested in: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/positions-up-for-grabs.89331/#post-181791#5KwWHx3BihMIjMOi.97

9. anthak

It has been decided that @Bearfly will be the ORFFF Commish for 2017! Let us all join in welcoming, thanking and congratulating bear for taking on the role for the year (and maybe beyond). Good on you mate

• Like Like x 2
  10. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Indeed, and thanks to @anthak for putting us on the right track last year also, next time let's start trading a little earlier though, one is getting the shakes :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. anthak

Yeah we stuffed that up. We had decided to start trading when SC player positions were made available, so we set it for Feb 1st, but they came out way earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I actually don't mind having the trading starting now once Supercoach has oficially opened for non SC gold people (which was about a week earlier this year), TS has been rolled over and Prospectus's are soon to be arriving. If it is made earlier in 2018 so I would be keen for post 2017 season trading to be reduced so there is an adequate "offseason".