2017 Pre season Auction thread

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by That KI Guy, Feb 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

I am really unsure about this as I don't think this situation has ever come up before to my knowledge.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

This might be the view of some, but there were discussions had when the rules were developed and not all shared that opinion at the time.
    In the end it was agreed for the rules to state coaches can veto if they "believe the trade is unbalanced in favour of one of the participating teams". Its not just for suspected colluding.

I am only pointing out the veto rules because I remember (vaguely) the conversations had when the rules were developed; I'm not necessarily getting involved in any decisions about ontrading new acquisitions - I'll leave that up to the board ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Have amended the auction so it can go ahead and would be good to clarify as I assume there are plenty of coaches with pending trades and wanting to on forward picks/players.
    Otherwise the last two days of trading may be quite restricted if many assets are not able to be moved on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthak

personally, just my opinion, I like the idea of being able to ontrade immediately. I do acknowledge though that it could get messy if a trade is vetoed... but maybe that is just a risk taken by the parties in the 2nd trade.

• Like Like x 3
  5. anthak

1st round MSD picks hold value to me. 2nd round MSD is similar to PSD 91 for mine.

I do like Newnes and I would certainly consider a better offer with him involved, but I reckon Blakely is in front of him.

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Having thought about things I think the thing to avoid is a cumulative veto period whereby it ends up being 2 days plus 2 days plus 2 days etc.

Hence I think that the easiest rule to implement is this. If a trade is vetoed and thus cancelled the ORFFF Chairman or Board will as soon as is practicable determine any other sanctions that may apply, which will include considering whether compensation by either party in the cancelled trade is required to any parties impacted by the cancellation of the trade due to on-trading of assets involved in the cancelled trade by either party to the cancelled trade, except where any on-trading has occurred after the first veto vote on the original trade.

Ie assets are for all intents and purposes unrestricted (Yay says Port Lincoln and Mt Thirsty). No-one has to think about what assets could be vetoed until someone has voted to veto a trade in which case everyone's eyes are (or should be) open to the possibility of a successful veto. If a trade is ever succesfully vetoed then in a worst case scenario all hell breaks loose as multiple trades and/or auctions are impacted but the Board can then work out what has to happen to smooth things over. The clubs involved in the vetoed trade will have draft picks and 24-30 listed players that can be used as compensation if needed so we all get on with life and ORFFF competition provided no-one gets over-compensated.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TheTassieHawk

Thanks for clarifying, I will consider if other players are able to be offered prior to 11:30am AEDT tomorrow.

8. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

New auction:

Jed Anderson

Auction closes at 7pm AEDT on Wednesday Feb 22nd.

Looking for a draft pick(s) inside 80

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

where are the Kangaroos when you need them ??

• Like Like x 2
  10. TheTassieHawk

Yet another fairly uninspiring item is up for auction !

What’s on offer = PSD Pick 85

When it’s on offer until = Wednesday 7pm (5 hours before the midnight trade deadline)

What I want back
    - a player other teams would be planning to cut from their 24 player list
    , anyone aged 18-34 will be considered but forwards with at least 10 games AFL experience are preferable.

Who this auction might appeal to – teams whose 5th or 6th pick in the draft is #86 or later and hence see some upside to upgrading to #85 (last time I checked there were five or 6 teams in this bucket) by 1-20 spots

Reserve – won’t be high, I am just after the best player on offer to improve the 24th spot on my list (currently Ibbotson) and preferably one who is a reasonable chance of playing 10-20 games this season. Your trash might well be my treasure. Try me.

What Else - Player and draft pick offers (ie Zac Dawson and Pick 97) will be considered if the draft pick is 100 or better but the highest bid will be determined on how I rate any players offered. If you really feel the need to offer 2 players as package I most likely would only consider the better player in valuing the deal.

----

Let the frenzied bidding begin !!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Avengers offer ANB, 21yo M/F

12. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

The boozers offer Mitch brown of essendon

13. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Phil Davis - Def I know - but better than Ibbo in my books

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheTassieHawk

definitely a better player than Ibbo, might even be a better SC pick as well, unfortunately this bid ranks third, thanks for bidding

15. TheTassieHawk

@Len, @leematty1
    The leading was a close call but I will declare that Mitch Brown is currently the leading bid. Thanks both for bidding.

It was also a very close call whether the bid meets reserve, and it does, so if there are further bids I will try to let you know within an hour or 2 whether they nudge in front of the Mitch Brown bid and take the lead.

• Like Like x 3
  16. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

@anthak ULV bid young defender Bailey Rice and pick 29

17. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

@anthak

Fugitives offer PSD 8 for Cyril & Cunners

• Like Like x 3
  18. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

@anthak Macquarie Island re offer Daniel McKenzie but improve our PSD pick to 14.

• Like Like x 1
  19. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

@anthak ULV bid Cameron Ellis-Yolmen and pick 29

20. anthak

Nice bids. I've got a bit to think about...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.