2017 Trading Games League

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2017.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2017 at 11:33 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2017 Trading Games league!

What's it all about?
    Basically every year some of the leaders in the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:

1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather etc to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    (url deleted)

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! The correct team is shown here just below.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can use DPP to rearrange the 30 players before the start of R!. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

League Code currently setup is - 998246

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
?

How should we select the team?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2017.
  1. Choose the most popular "cookie cutter" selections on each line

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Take a vote on various options for certain positions

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. A combination of (1) and (2)

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Let's live on the wild side and see what "auto-fill" dishes up

2 vote(s)
    11.1%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2017.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Lock it in Eddie.

Any bad luck with those cats being named, and we just suck it up for the Games.

Lets do this!
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Len
      Len
      This is the team, lock it in and roll, setting Kelli up now
    3. Len
      Len
      Excellent point well made :)
      Apologies for not being around much today had a day when life thought I was on too much of a roll and needed knocking down
    4. Len
      Len
      Giant Headache is in, $143100 left.

Don't forget to join the TG Group
      Have started a league for those who want to jump in, will be kicked iff the team is wrong;
      Code - 998246
    5. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      SultanPepper locked n loaded - $143.1k in the kitty :)
    6. anthak
      anthak
      My mum has locked this team in.

Has anyone set up a group and league?
    7. Len
      Len
      Added the "official" team and the league code I'd posted to the OP which should help reduce confusion as we did have a number of teams posted in the thread
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Schneaky Mussi have joined
    9. stowie
      stowie
      Dusty Jack are in, $143,100 in the bank and ready to spend!
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Just realised that I set up the TS Trading Games Group from with my normal team. I think if I remove my team, I may no longer be able to moderate the group - so for at least the next couple of days I will keep my normal team in the group. Once lockout has occurred and a check is done to make sure that everyone has the correct starting lineup, I will then remove my normal team from the group.
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Dekka
      Dekka
      Once lockout has occurred and a check is done to make sure that everyone has the correct starting lineup

In the NRL Supercoach this year I'm told you cannot see anyone else's team anymore and they're into round 3. Hope they don't do that with AFL.
    12. The Vibe Squad
      The Vibe Squad
      Has the team been finalised yet?
    13. stripey
      stripey
    14. Lucas
      Lucas
      I've jumped in, it's my "main" team this year because I haven't had much scope to do my research, but I reckon I can out trade most, even with limited knowledge. League is at 15 so it would be great to hammer in 3 more teams in the next two hours.
      • Like Like x 2
    15. stripey
      stripey
      shit i didnt realise there was a league as well as a group...
    16. Len
      Len
      That's a smart play for mine, last year I went woeful in SC but Kelli managed to finish 2214 and not even come close to winning this.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Len
      Len
      Still about 10 spots mate
    18. stripey
    19. Buzzboys
      Buzzboys
      What is the league code? Thanks
    20. bunza52
      bunza52
      My wife, Trading Games #1, has filled the 18th spot