Round 8 Teams.............

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, May 11, 2017.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

About to be Shanghied by the Misfits.

Warriors remain unchanged from last week's debacle.

• Like Like x 1
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Round 8 (AFL 8) 12/5 - 14/5
    The Spud Round

In honour of the humble potato, or this could mean player as there have many a spud in the players of past and I’m sure in the future.

Iron Knob Codpieces v Charlies Opening Spelunkers
    Darraweit Guim Dirrigibles v Foul Bay Chickens
    Marble Bar Misfits v Whitsunday Warriors
    Gariwerd Cockatoos v Lovely Banks Lilacs
    Wagga Wagga Wombats v Wineglass Bay Packers
    Cradle Mountain Devils v Gundagai Grasshoppers
    Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles v Nunawading Nuffers
    Mount Beauty Uglies v Venus Bay Vultures
    Birdsville Battlers v Larrikin Lagoon Lefties

Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2017-orffa-fixture.89770/#oyEtvgG8VeXU76YP.99

• Like Like x 1
  3. anthak

Gariwerd team ready to host Jen's Lovely Lilacs

OUT: Grant Birchall, Chris Masten
    IN: Harry Taylor, Tom Bellchambers

D - SHurn, ZTuohy, BSmith, HTaylor (LDunn)
    M - NJones, BGoddard, MCrouch, JSteven (CGuthrie)
    R - TBellchambers (CMasten)
    F - TMiller, TWalker, CWingard, CCurnow (BAhChee)
    I - JPolec, JLewis

4. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hoppers.......Rd 8 - One change.

OUT: Stringer - injured
    IN: H Grundy

DEF: Adams / Mills / Martin / Hunt (JKolo)
    MID: Curnow / Cripps / Neale / Rocky (Aish)
    FWD: Billings / Cockatoo / Cameron / Jong (Langdon)
    RCK: B Grundy
    I/C: Dumont / H Grundy (Weitering)

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Apt that two teams who'll struggle to post 1000 this week are matched up in Spud round. :thumbsu:

Birdsville :spud:'s for R8

D: T McD, L McD, Hampton, Robertson
    M: Hunter, Atkins, Blakely, Sheed
    R: Witts
    F: Acres, Taylor, Weller, Turner
    IC: Barrett, Sheridan (fingers crossed he makes the cut)

6. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Spelunkers about to get a kick in the Cod Piece, but loving the look of our future midfield

DEF: Oscar McDonald, Cale Hooker, Luke Brown, Jake CARLISLE
    MID: Marcus Bontempelli, Zac Merrett, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Mark Blicavs
    RUCK: Ben McEvoy
    FWD: Jack GUNSTON, Mark LeCras, Jack Bowes, Oliver Florent
    INT: Liam Duggan, Darcy Tucker, (Griffin Logue)

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Some rearrangement of the deck chairs on the MV Kotuku:
    In: Bailey Williams, Mason Wood, Aaron Hall
    Out: Tom Barrass, Josh Dunkley (dislocated shoulder), Mitch Robinson (broken foot)

D - J McGovern, M Hibberd, J McVeigh, B Williams (T Barrasss)
    M - T Mitchell, N Fyfe, S Menegola, D Hannebery (D Howe)
    R - S Jacobs
    F - R Burton, D Menzel, M Wood, T Mclean, (T Papley)
    I/C - A Hall , B Crouch (A Swallow)

PS - excellent news, Jacob Allison named as an E for the Lions, perhaps his afl debut is not far away?

8. anthak

A late change.

Aaron Young is out and Charlie Curnow comes in to replace him. Brendan Ah Chee is the new emergency

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The ORFFA's plastic franchise humbly submits the following fake team;

DEFENDERS
    Rory Laird, Jake Lloyd, Zachary Williams, Marco Paparone - Jack Hombsch
    MIDFIELDERS
    Marc Murphy, Josh Kelly, Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield - Tim Taranto
    RUCKS
    Patrick Ryder
    FORWARDS
    Joe Daniher, Devon Smith, Caleb Daniel, Jamie Elliott - Will Hoskin-Elliott
    INTERCHANGE
    Daniel Rich, Ben Keays - Orazio Fantasia

One hopes to be judged worthy of ongoing participation.

• Like Like x 2
  10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Blimps team to get their bums kicked by Foul Bay

Ins: Edwards, Smith
    Out: AMT (unluckily), Naismith

DEF: May, Rance, Mackie, Adams (AMT)
    MIDS: Cogs, Newnes, Lyons, Tyson (Greenwood)
    RUCK: Smith
    FWD: Hrovat, Hill, Sinclair, Brown (Blair)
    I/C: Walters, Edwards (Astbury)

Let's see how many spuds we can dig up this week :). Though it is getting harder to figure out which of the defenders to leave out - Astbury and the Hyphens (there's a prog-rock band name right there) are all playing well.

11. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Len - I reckon you are well worthy of ongoing participation. :thumbsu:

12. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Cradle Mountain Devils Round 8 team

In: T Nankervis, S Gilbert, J Gresham,D Zaharakis
    Out: J Hopper (finger), J Lever (hamstring), S Johnson (omitted), L Shiels (omitted)

Def: M Hurley, Z Jones, L Spurr, S Gilbert (H Himmelberg)
    Mid: S Pendlebury, D Zorko, D Heppell, S Grigg (L Shiels)
    Ruc: T Boyd
    Fwd: T Lynch, J Steele, T Membrey, J Gresham (S Johnson)
    Inter: T Nankervis, D Zaharakis (J Redden)

Cradle Mountain have made a season-high four changes comprised of two compulsory and two optional for the massive clash with the fast rising Hoppers who sit third on the ladder, one spot behind the Devils and with an identical six win, one loss record. Jake Lever misses due to a hamstring injury whilst a finger injury will keep Jacob Hopper out of the match against the Hoppers, in the corresponding fixture last year Hopper made his ORFFA debut in a 58 point loss to the Hoppers. After starting the 2017 season on the injury list Lever and Hopper had been able to cement themselves as the Devils defender 4 and forward 4 respectively and rank 12th & 13th at the club for points per game. Amazingly Cradle Mountain’s top 11 ranked players have missed zero games collectively due to injury over the first 8 rounds. Two CMD selections at the inaugural ORFFA Draft just over five years ago have both been dropped – Stevie J & Liam Shiels.

After serving his one game suspension Toby Nankervis returns to start on the interchange and will be sharing ruck duties with another member of the 2014 draft class Tom Boyd who scored 105 in Round 7 as the Devils number 1 ruck to equal the 105 points per game Toby is averaging this season – ranked equal second in the ORFFA for rucks. Midfielder David Zaharakis has been recalled after a couple of weeks in the seconds. Defender Sam Gilbert & forward Jade Gresham are the other two inclusions with Gresham completing a very Saintly forward line, three parts current St Kilda players, and one part former Saint in Tom Lynch.

13. anthak

Both look to have taken their dropping seriously and have turned out strong performances in the magoos. I heard StevieJ even kicked the winning goal!

• Like Like x 2
  14. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@anthak Stevie J was very disappointed when it came time to discuss his position in the side at the Thursday night match committee and lost the vote 1-3 to Andrews, Bolton & Fletcher, resulting in him being omitted. To Stevie J and Liam Shiels’ credit they both performed very strongly in the magoos and Stevie J kicked the perfect crumbers goal in the final minute to win the game, providing a great thrill for Cradle Mountain’s home crowd, many several young players playing alongside Stevie J for the first time and of course for Stevie J himself. After the game a Devils fan tweeted:

‘I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nobody loves Stevie J as much as Stevie J loves Stevie J’

In the ORFFA game the young Hoppers hit the Devils with everything they had in the first half to lead by 179 points, 767-588 after seven players had taken the field for both sides, however the Devils are fighting back and it looks like this game between second and third on the ORFFA ladder is going right down to the wire. Gundagai are unlucky with some courageous play from Jayden Hunt that resulted in a Hoppers goal also resulting in the young defender getting knocked out and carried off on a stretcher early in the third quarter.

Cradle Mountain Devils 978/11 89 vs Gundagai Grasshoppers 937/10 94

Three of the four Devils still to take the field average over 95 – Nankervis, Z Jones & Grigg, with the only exception being Spurr. The Grasshoppers have one gun in Lachie Neale still to play who is averaging 118 points per game and is in the top 10 of the Les W Medal, however the other four Hoppers still to take the field average between 69 and 82 points per game.

Whilst the Devils have had six tons including two of the inclusions - Zaharakis and Gilbert, they also had four scores below 65 so Stevie J and Shiels are likely to be recalled for the Round 9 game against ladder leaders – the Venus Bay Vultures. Four Hoppers have scored tons and already a score of 119 is only enough to score 1 Les W Medal vote with three Hoppers – Rocky, Neale and Billings all scoring above 135 points each and tallying 437 points between them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. anthak

gee @chris88 another close loss for you. Your team is better than your ladder position suggests I think.

On the other side, Foul Bay have had some luck this season. I am not discrediting your truly awesome team @ChiefRussell but I find it remarkable that your 'points against' is the least in the comp, even less than Venus Bay's after they got a walkover against Wagga.

Looking at points scored, @graeme Waikiki are doing better than expected being the only top 8 team who hasnt scored 10k points yet, but sitting in the top 3 with only 1 loss!

16. chris88

Nice of you to say Ant, but I disagree. A decent team wouldn't have guys scoring 40s. Coniglio going down injured cost me, but also it didn't because Foul Bay had so many down players that one injured guy at my end doesn't count for a lot.

I am not unhappy with the team, but we are pretty average and where we deserve to be on the ladder. The mid season draft can't come soon enough.

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

And he saved up his 1400+ just for me - t'anks Len.

• Like Like x 1
  18. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

"Looking at points scored, @graeme Waikiki are doing better than expected being the only top 8 team who hasnt scored 10k points yet, but sitting in the top 3 with only 1 loss!"
    If you wind back to round 1 @anthak there were a number of Cows in the vet's shed. We fielded 10.5 players and scored 883. As a result we were creamed by the Misfits (1261). We sat at 17th on the table - thanks @That KI Guy. For the next 7 rounds we have scored 8918, averaging 1274; convert that to a "normalised" 8 round score (10192) and think of that as the points for column. Not great, but a little better. Hope that helps explain the anomolous points scored column ant.

Now we have a nearly full milking shed, but we still have a problem in that every so often our "mentor" (read old drunk) chels turns up and demands to pick the team, plays his favourites, and we underachieve.

19. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Always there for you mate , just brought reinforcements this week ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. chris88

Quick and possibly dumb question - my two Gold Coast players are highlighted in orange in TS Leagues and not able to be moved in or out of my team.

I know they have the bye next week - is there a reason why they can't be moved?

Apols if this is a dumb question - as previously mentioned, haven't been around these parts much of late.