ORFFA Round 12 review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Jul 3, 2017.

By That KI Guy on Jul 3, 2017 at 3:42 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Courtesy of Bandit

Wineglass Bay Packers 1107 defeated Charlies Opening Spelunkers 946

I finally got my tanking strategy sorted this week, lining up Stephen Hill to munch on a donut. Not that him playing would have helped as Tracey took me on a wonderful cruise around Wineglass Bay… in 40 foot seas. Safe to say dinner didn’t stay down for long. Sandlands going down again will be an ongoing concern for the Packers, but the Ranga Lynch up forward struck some form.

My learnings from this game : Ginger is an average cure for seasickness, Sean Darcy is going to be a beast and if you are going to throw on Tracey’s boat make sure you face downwind.

Lovely Banks Lilacs 1145 defeated Gundagai Grasshoppers 1120
    Jen came out and told sNoZ to get stuffed with a great win at Lovely Banks in arctic conditions. After king hitting Callum Mills behind play with a heat bag scented with lavender, it was an average performance across the board that got the Lilacs over the line with only one ton coming from The Hoff. The Hoppers had Neale, Cripps, Martin and Grundy ton up, but the rest were spuds.

My learnings from this game: Lavender is a great alternative treatment for headaches, Snoz’s team are going to be inconsistent for another season yet

Whitsunday Warriors 1106 defeated Nunawading Nuffers 1038
    Terry quaffed his Tom Yum as the big General went bang again for his second ton in as many weeks to put Andy’s Nuffers to the sword and keep his team in the race for a Top 8 spot. The decision by the Nuffers cheerleaders to wear Ski Jackets did not go down well given the tropical climate, with Tory Dickson especially failing to fire up.

My learnings from this game: Patton is scary when on fire, Terry and Andy both need a ruckman, and Andy needs to check if he is playing home or away before he does the cheer leaders costume selection.

Foul Bay Chickens 1308 defeated by Venus Bay Vultures 1348
    As Brian Taylor would say… wow wee what a game from Danger (196). It scared the living pants of Fitzy, so much so that he ate a donut in the forward line with both Watts and Toby Greene failing to show. Hot rumour that drug mule Michael Johnson’s urine sample was blue indicating a high presence of cobalt post match. Every one of Fitzy’s mids racked a ton up (well Yeo Yeo Yeo had a 99 but I rounded) and Buddy went large as Buddy does. Fitzy cements his place at the top as the Chooks drop to 6th with their second loss in a row.

My learnings from this game: Danger can’t win games off his own boot, no matter how he tries, Fitzy’s team are bloody good even when they are shit and has the bell tolled for ChiefBet?.

Iron Knob Codpieces 1294 defeated Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 895
    It’s amazing what a playing ruck does for Jim’s spirits. Even though he had the bye round, the Cod Pieces stayed firm in their resolve (see what I did there). 6 ton’s from Iron Knob, Seb Ross the only Creature from the Black Lagoon to perform.

My learnings from this game: Jimbo has done enough to guarantee finals, but he won’t go much further. Jelly Guy won’t miss Bugg the Sniper as his side is shit with or without him.

Darraweit Guim Dirigibles 1298 defeated Birdsville Battlers 1222
    Michael Bloody Walters. Chris’ is building a shrine to the man who went Coco Bananas with a 172 to put a dent in JC’s finals hopes as the Blimps knocked off the Battlers in a close one. JC a bit stiff to lose with 5 ton’s, and it’s going to be tough from here on in.

My learnings from this game: JC has a gun in Witherden, Chris gets a tad excited whenever he hears the name Walters, be it Michael, Doug or even Alan, who was Chief Economic Advisor to Margaret Thatcher back the day.

Marble Bar Misfits 1375 defeated Mount Beauty Uglies 916
    To quote Vince McMahon…. OH MY! Len’s team have finally woken up this year, and took to the Uglies like a year 6 bully collecting playground lunch money. 6 tons, and even Lloyd and Laird were well held, this game was never in doubt. Bama’s lot put in a shocker, with Ben Reid getting the arse for Jack Leslie in a bizarre selection decision. Roo (45) had a down day as he was held up at Centrelink collecting his pension cheque. The Uglies drop out of the 8 whilst the Misfits leap over the Grasshoppers.

My learnings from this game: The Misfits are a better unit without so many bloody GWS players in their team. Orazio is a great name for a commentator to call, Bama has all sorts of trouble in defence.

Gariwerd Cockatoos 1190 defeated by Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles 1415
    Ant suffers a big loss to put him a game outside the 8 as Graeme turned up to play for this one. The Pinot was saved for the post match celebration, although Ant won the battle of the Crouch’s. The men from the Long White Cloud stay in second and will be worrying many around them come finals time.

My learnings from this game: Graeme has drafted two jets in Burton and Menegola, and Newman isn’t bad either. When Ant’s forward line is down the team lose more often than not. My money is on Waikickamoocow for the premiership with ChiefBet… $8 is a bloody steal.

Wagga Wagga Wombats 1123 defeated by Cradle Mountain Devils 1216
    Cradle Mountain put another dent in the mediocrity handle with a well fought out win over Lenny’s Wombats to go two games clear of the chasing pack in 6th. Lenny is in all sorts of ruck pain with Finlayson (10) unable to compete against The Nank (108), but Gibbs is showing good form lately. Vital win for the Devils to arrest their horrid form slump whilst the Wombats drop to 14th.

My learnings from this game : I traded out the Nank too early in Supercoach, Foul Bay versus Cradle Mountain will be an interesting watch next week, Lenny will be drafting/trading hard for a ruckman in the off season as Tippett and Lycett aren’t cutting it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Jul 3, 2017.

• Tags:
    1. graeme
      graeme
      Is it possible KI Guy to fix the font? Seems a little large.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Banditto but keep your hard earned cash in the pocket. For mine the vultures and the chooks should be the favourites as they are the two teams that can go huge. Misfits and cows on the next line of betting.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Have tweaked it.
      If that's still no good then...take step back and squint a bit.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Won't comment on your team, but you do a great write-up and you put it out there on a Monday morning.

Great stuff - and some old farts like a big font.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Bandit
      Bandit
      Chooks are cooked... just need a nice white to wash them down with mate.

Thank @That KI Guy for the fonts @TerryinBangkok ... I just write the crap that fills in between the header and the footer
    5. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      So it was the header who wrote this stuff, not the left footer?
      • Like Like x 1
    6. graeme
      graeme
      Not convinced the chooks are cooked Banditto. But if they and you can find a Molly Dooker Verdelho ("The Violinist") or two you will have a match made in heaven. Sadly, I understand it has been discontinued (a bit like the goonies).
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Bandit
      Bandit
    8. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Fck !! :-(
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Len
      Len

For the record Anni-Frid is a Misfit supporter so you can all just leave the redhead alone tyvm :p
      • Like Like x 1
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks for the writup, good work
      • Like Like x 1
    11. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      ABBA at the Gabba - I'd like to see that.
      • Like Like x 3