2017 Round Review: Round 17

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 16, 2017.

By walesy on Jul 16, 2017 at 5:09 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Another week of coasting into the finals, and another week of living vicariously thorough Ant!

Think I'll be coasting for a good few more weeks though. Gunna sit on the trades I've got to go hard at the finals.

Ant, hope you're climbing against this week mate! :D

• Like Like x 2
?

What score did your SC team achieve in Round 17 ??

Poll closed Jul 20, 2017.
  1. 2150 or below

6.9%
  2. 2151 to 2200

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2201 to 2250

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2251 to 2300

24.1%
  5. 2301 to 2350

41.4%
  6. 2351 to 2400

6.9%
  7. 2401 to 2450

13.8%
  8. 2451 to 2500

6.9%
  9. 2501 or above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 16, 2017.

1. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate.
      I'm a bit worried actually.
      A few popular players that I don't have have gone well - Bont, I'm mainly looking at you; and a few of my PODs have kinda underperformed, such as Rocky, Tuohy, mMurphy (although not a huge POD in top100).
      But it looks like I'll score 2400+ And I'm happy with that. I just don't think it'll be good enough to move up any higher this week.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Another solid week Ant.:thumbsu:
      A few 2400s around but you shouldn't slide too much.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. anthak
      anthak
      2428 in the end. We'll wait and see now
      • Like Like x 5
    4. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      2428 should see you OK Anthak from what I can see so far. You whipped my 2288. Two of my emergencies had to play but luckily it was Papley with a ton and SPP with 83
      • Like Like x 1
    5. stripey
      stripey
      2399 with a crappy Gawn and Tom Lynch... pretty happy considering!
    6. anthak
      anthak
      Lockout is over.

Turns out I did move up.
      I'm into 12th now :D
      • Like Like x 23
    7. Steve
      Steve
      Up to 12th mate well done :thumbsu:

Far too good for my bunch of spuds in the NBA league :(
      • Like Like x 1
    8. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Outstanding to move another 5 spots!
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Keep it up Ant - top ten is only 24 points away. Five guys ahead of you scored less
      • Like Like x 2
    10. bosco
      bosco
      Well done Anthak. Good scoring and congrats on moving up even further and being only a few points outside top 10....it's just at the tip of your fingers.

2353 for me and dropped a few spots to 51. Resisted trading this week and was trying to be clever with moving greenwood to mids as swap with browne in case parsons got great score and then take nank off.....bla bla bla. Anyway, backfired and missed another 39 points from greenwood cause of yeo no go. Too cute.
      • Like Like x 3
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah, but it's all pretty tight up there. Some of the teams just ahead of me scored 2500+ and came from behind to overtake me. However I did make up ground on a number of other teams ahead of me who scored <2400 this week.

I'm touching wood as I write this, but I've now moved up in rank 11 weeks running, coming from 1722 after round 6. Hopefully can keep it going.

Geez, I'm still looking back at some of the mistakes I've made this year haha
      But I've obviously made several good decisions as well
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate, still a great score and you're still close enough to challenge top10 I reckon. Hope you can keep it up
      • Like Like x 1
    13. anthak
      anthak
      This was a great idea, and was worth a shot. Shame about Yeo stuffing it.
      Would've been worse if Parsons had scored well and you'd dragged Nank, because you would've misssed Nank and copped a donut for Yeo! Or had to use a trade to cover him.

Tough when there's a late out in the last game.

I got stuck with Lynch's score covering Yeo, which wasn't too bad for a big guy in the rainy conditions on the Goldy Saturday arvo, but was my lowest emergency score this week
      • Like Like x 1
    14. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are up
      • Like Like x 6
    15. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Barely got over 2k. Double whammy of Yeo and Cameron and yes, Parsons did the rest.
    16. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      My lot managed 2255 which saw a 4 point win in the ORFF league and 3 defeats in the other leagues, once again I held off trading so have 7 in hand with a view to having 3-5 for use in finals

I have somehow held down 2nd spot in my main league despite 2 straight close losses in a row, a number of "8 pointers " are taking place so it's crunch time in terms of top 4, I have also nudged into 8th spot on % in the ORFFF SC league but am out of the running in my other 2 leagues.

After 11 weeks of improving in the rankings I dropped back slightly and am around 160 points outside the top 10k which I have a reasonable chance of achieving as teams ahead run out of trades sooner in the run home.
    17. Bandit
      Bandit
      I reckon more good than bad mate :D
      • Like Like x 3
    18. Mick
      Mick
      Awesome! @anthak
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Mick
      Mick
      Solid @bosco
      Still right in it!