2017 Round Review - Round 22

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Aug 20, 2017.

By TheTassieHawk on Aug 20, 2017 at 4:45 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Some clutch scores from some premiums this week.

Let us know how you fared in the League prelims if your team was still alive, and also how you went up/down or sideways in the overall rankings.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Owen
      Owen
      I need Fyfe, Rance and Dusty to outscore Luke Ryan by 202 points. It will be close
      • Like Like x 1
    2. bosco
      bosco
      Bang @Owen. Done comfortably...nice 1.

Final score of 2644 here. That about par for this week? Must be some huge scores this week.
      • Like Like x 3
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I can't see that score as being anything other than above par even at the pointy end, but par will somewhere in the high2400s to 2500s based on the scores I am seeing in leagues and allowing for some lowish scores from teams who have been knocked out in the past 2 weeks, which may or may not be the case.

2543 for my lot may not get me within double digit points of the top 10k after I started 165 points back prior to this round, but fingers crossed.
    4. anthak
      anthak
      I didnt see this thread early enough!

I was cheering on Nank in the last game because I needed him to score 95 to win one of my prelims, and Im stoked he got there in the end :)
      I'll be playing against @churchboy in that granny and we've been sledging each other all season hoping for this matchup haha

@UnderAchievers beat me in the TS NBA league. but I won all others, so I'm into 7 grannys :D

Ended up scoring 2627 this round, which is a solid score, my best all season and Im happy with it, especially because I had limited players this round with premiums Jelwood, Witts and Neale on the pine. I had to play 2 defenders in my mids and I had Witherden onfield. So Im pretty stoked with the score, even though I can see several other teams in my leagues with better scores.

Im not sure how it'll go against the top teams, but a few of my PODish players went well, such as Tuohy, Hurn, Fyfe and Nank. and several popular players who I dont have went poorly, such as Ryan 60, Bont 45, Gawn 78, Stef Martin 72 & JJK 74, but Im a bit worried about those with Kelly 144, Oliver 99, and/or Greene 96

Gee this game is fun lol
      Hanging for lockout to finish
      • Like Like x 1
    5. anthak
      anthak
      great score Bosco.
      There's gonna be heaps of scores 2700+ but lets hope theyre not those teams above us ;)
    6. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      My best score of the year at 2518. Lost 2 prelims (1 to Anthak so good luck for next week mate) and drew one but as I finished higher on the ladder I am into a grand final.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. anthak
      anthak
      wow, you had a draw! What a game for a prelim.

Bad luck on our game mate, Jack Steven got you back into the game and then Fyfe and Dusty won it for me late!
    8. bosco
      bosco
      Congrats @anthak. Up to 18 again.

Looks like there is a clear winner for the year already with a 500 point lead over 2nd.

I managed to move up 11 spots to 34. Happy and satisfied with a good SC year.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. anthak
      anthak
      lockout is over

Im into 18th. still not as high as I was a few weeks ago but stoked to be in the top20 again. It's sweet to be on the 1st page of the leaderboard ;)

Only 2 teams ahead of me scored more than me this week.

Im 120 points out of the top10. 1 week to go!

Fingers crossed no carnage for me and other TS folk this week.
      • Like Like x 6
    10. anthak
      anthak
      yeah, thats awesome, well done mate. It's been great fun hasn't it :)
      • Like Like x 2
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Top shelf mate, thanks. :D

Stats are up

Also, made the granny in both the ORFF and my cash league. C'mon lucky successful year!!!
      • Like Like x 3
    12. bunza52
      bunza52
      After a disappointing 1,938 last week, made wholesale changes this week (after going loophole crazy last week...)
      Ins: JPK, Zerrett, Kelly, Shaw, Witherden, Dahl,
      Out: Fisher, Mountfield, Ducky, Ryan, Newman, Parsons.
      This worked nicely and I was able to pump out a season PB of 2,638. Have Grundy to come back this week (but with him up against Gawn, will start him on the pine and loop him in if he get 100+ otherwise will back Nank in again) 1 trade left & 80K. Both my GF opponents had 2700+ this week, so hoping Beams and Sloane dont go large again. So looking forward to a couple of close matches.
    13. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Some great scores in the TS leagues, 2400+ - 2700 needed to get you to the big dance. Once again trades at the pointy end crucial. Even if I had made it, could not have matched those scores, although very happy with an improved side this year. Well done to all who have another week to run. @snoz - bounce back next year - looking forward to meeting up.
    14. TheTassieHawk
    15. Penske file
      Penske file
      Squeaked into GF TS 2. Congrats to all other winners. GOOD LUCK to all hopefuls.!!!
      • Like Like x 2
    16. anthak
      anthak
      They're some massive ins all in 1 week (at first glance it hardly seems possible, but it makes sense once i think about it) and a huge turnaround! Well done mate.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. bunza52
      bunza52
      Thanks, had the week off in my main leagues, so when Shaw and Dahl scored 75 & 66, thought I'd roll with Ryan and Parsons...massive fail....was happy that I traded Ducky to Kelly over Crouch as well, as I was tossing the coin all week.
      Hoping you can get yourself back into top this week @anthak
      • Like Like x 1
    18. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate.

Yeah, Kelly has been a great pickup for those that brought him in. Good move.
    19. anthak
      anthak
      • Like Like x 1