Charlies Opening

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, May 3, 2012.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Wow, no posts from me since October... time to breathe some life into this thread again. the spelunkers have been through some up and downs in the offseason... it all got off to a bad start with the home ground getting a little too much rain causing the Pit to flood... at least it was good for the garden /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/openpit05.jpg' style='width: 600px; height: 446px; It was then onto the trade discussions... there were a few moves in the end of season trade period, which saw Heath Shaw controversially go to Foul Bay, Josh Hill to the Lilacs, Sam Grimley to the Whitsundays and Jarrad Redden and Marco Paparone go in separate deals to Marble Bar, with a bag of burger rings thrown in for good measure. We wish them all well and hope they light it up for the new clubs every week except for the week the are playing the Spelunkers. The club welcomes to The Pit: Tom Nicholls 201cm / 93kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/TomNicholls.jpg' style='width: 360px; height: 240px; Nicholls will slot straight into the number one ruckmen role and we are delighted to snare him at auction. Majak Daw 195cm / 94kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/majak.jpg' style='width: 194px; height: 259px; Bought in as a future star, eye candy for the local girls and for an option to extend our brand marketing into Africa, Daw could be the complete package. Not expected to play many games this year, but is a prodigious talent. Josh Thomas is another up and coming midfielder who we are hoping to see increased output from this year 176cm / 77kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/640924_1_M.jpg' style='width: 146px; height: 160px; and Danyle Pearce made his way to Tasmania, adding further depth to our midfield 179cm / 77kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/404025-danyle-pearce.jpg' style='width: 650px; height: 366px; The delistment day and draft day rolled around. The Spelunkers decided to regrettably depart way with their founding Captain Phil Davis, and also with Terry Milera, Liam Picken and Sam Rowe. With draft pick 16 the Spelunkers grabbed Marcus Bontempelli 192cm / 85kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/26_Marcus-Bontempelli_Draft-Countdown-Article-Image.jpg' style='width: 620px; height: 850px; With Pick 29 the list management team opted for Matthew Fuller, a gritty mature age defender who should be ready to go right out of the box 180cm / 85kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/matthew-fuller-1310320.jpg' style='width: 200px; height: 320px; With pick 33 they signed emerging key forward Michael Apeness 200cm / 98kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/michael%20apeness.jpg' style='width: 200px; height: 320px; With pick 36 The Spelunkers jumped onto Blake Acres, an emerging talent who has had some bad luck with a shoulder, hopefully that is all past him now. 189cm / 84kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/3_Blake-Acres_Draft-Countdown-Article-Image-Recovered.jpg' style='width: 620px; height: 850px; And with their final pick in the draft, at pick 48 Zac Merrett was snapped up. 178cm / 73kg /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/16_Zach-Merrett_Draft-Countdown-Article-Image.jpg' style='width: 620px; height: 850px; The match committee and list management departments are very very happy with the trade period and the draft... and whilst only Tom Nicholls will feature in the team from the start, the others have added considerable depth to the squad, and all stand a chance to be great players in the future.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hey mate, I wonder why your team is only Charlies Opening in tsLeagues. Its missing the Spelunkers part. ?

3. Bandit

Yeah no idea... has always been that way... maybe people in high places don't like us cave dwellers

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Bandit wrote:
    Yeah no idea... has always been that way... maybe people in high places don't like us cave dwellers Les is a hater :p

5. Bandit

So no posts since May 2014... might be time to breathe some life into this thread lol

The Spelunkers are right in the middle of a rebuild, but the future looks bright.

The Bont and Zac Merrett are out and out superstars, and next year we welcome back Cale Hooker and Jackson Thurlow.

My recruiting strategy of going hard for youth, and in particular young defenders has seen some wins and some losses, but I think the 2018 season will have me in good stead. With an average squad age of just under 23.5, I have some youth to blood. Jarrod Pickett, the GWS first round draft pick last year, will hopefully recover from injury to make his AFL debut and live up to the hype.

This season saw a few Spelunkers debut, with a special shout out to Ben Keays (16 games @ 52) and Darcy Tucker (12 games @ 57) who played in sides that got touched up most weeks.

Here are the lines ranked by averages (Hooker and Thurlow's average from last year)
    Def: Cale Hooker, Shane Savage, Riley Bonner, Luke Brown, Jackson Thurlow, Oscar McDonald, Phil Davis, Shaun Atley, Sam Butler, Darcy Tucker, Kieran Collins
    Mid: Zac Merrett, Marcus Bontempelli, Kieran Jack, Stephen Hill, Andrew Swallow, Ryan Bastinac, Blake Acres, Adam Oxley, Liam Duggan, Ben Keays
    Ruck: Mark Blicavs
    Forward: Zac Merrett, Jack Gunston, Mark LeCras, Mitch Honeychurch, Mitch McGovern, Liam Duggan, Jack Lonie, Jarrod Pickett.

With Picks 7, 13, 25, 61, 79 and 97 we will be looking to actively trade a few of our foundation and older players to get further up the list, so if you are one of the clubs right in the premiership window, and are looking to get an scoring improvement in your 3rd or 4th player on a line, or even just some depth, then please come and hit me up.

The guys in bold are absolutely required at the club (and may cause some of you to raise eyebrows), everyone else is up for negotiation. I can tell you now that there will be 85+ppg midfielders being traded, and with several large retirements looming, I know some teams will be interested :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bandit

Good to see Charlie's own, The Bont, tearing it up on the weekend when it mattered most.

Got him for the Norm Smith, into the Dogs by under 25, and the Storm by under 13 at 14/1 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bandit

So a couple of moves during the trading periods of ORFFA and AFL.

Team gets significant in's with Hooker and Thurlow returning, and Ben Keays departs for Andrew Phillips to bolster the ruck stocks.

Jarrod Pickett moving to Carlton from GWS hopefully signals some first team action for the 2014 number 4 draft pick.

All that being said, there will be concerted efforts during the trading period to get the team ready for a premiership tilt in 2018

Here are the lines:
    Def: Cale Hooker, Shane Savage, Riley Bonner, Luke Brown, Jackson Thurlow, Oscar McDonald, Phil Davis, Shaun Atley, Sam Butler, Darcy Tucker, Kieran Collins
    Mid: Zac Merrett, Marcus Bontempelli, Kieran Jack, Stephen Hill, Andrew Swallow, Ryan Bastinac, Blake Acres, Adam Oxley, Liam Duggan,
    Ruck: Mark Blicavs, Andrew Phillips
    Forward: Cale Hooker, Zac Merrett, Jack Gunston, Mark LeCras, Mitch Honeychurch, Mitch McGovern, Liam Duggan, Jack Lonie, Jarrod Pickett, Andrew Phillips

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bandit

After some big negotiations over the trade and auction table in the last couple of weeks, the Spelunkers squad has changed considerably.

We bid farewell to foundation players Andrew Swallow and Kieren Jack, and Ryan Bastinac and young jet Blake Acres all depart the Spelunkers.

We welcome a significant addition to the ruck stocks with Ben McEvoy and John Ceglar joining the ruck cohort. Jake Carlisle is a great addition to the team as well... provided he stays off the nose candy.

Def: Hooker (D/F), Butler, Davis, Carlisle (D/F), Savage, Atley, Brown, Thurlow, McDonald, Bonner, Collins, Oxley
    Mid: Bontempelli, Merrett, Blicavs, Hill, Tucker, Duggan
    Ruck: Nicholls, McEvoy, Ceglar, Phillips (R/F)
    Fwd: Hooker (D/F), Carlisle (D/F), Phillips (R/F), LeCras, Gunston, M. McGovern, Honeychurch, Lonie, Pickett

Draft picks: 7, 12, 13, 17, 49, 97

The starting 15 is a sign of a team rebuilding, but with 4 picks in the first round hopefully we can uncover a couple of diamonds. High hopes are held for Jarrod Pickett, Riley Bonner and Darcy Tucker this season. Liam Duggan has also been apparently very impressive in preseason training.

For players such as Lonie, Oxley, Collins etc it will be a year to show they have what it takes, or else they may find themselves looking for a new home at the end of the season.

Def: Savage, Brown, Thurlow, McDonald
    Mid: Z. Merrett, Bontempelli, S. Hill, Blicavs
    Ruck: McEvoy
    Fwd: Hooker, Gunston, LeCras, Carlisle
    Int: Tucker, McGovern

9. Bandit

2017 Home and Away Season review - Part 1

Thought I would take some time over the next few days to review the season that was, and analyse where my tanking went to poo.

Round 1:
    Wagga Wagga Wombats 1062 vs Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1304

Spelunkers off to a flyer beating the highly rated Wombats in their own cave. The engine room went coco bananas with the Bont, Merrett, Shill and new ruckman McEvoy hitting the straps right out of the gate. The Frenchman even bloody did something to goad me into a false sense that he might have one more year left in him.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Zac Merrett (126) 5
    Stephen Hill (124) 4
    Marcus Bontempelli (120) 3
    Mark LeCras (108) 2
    Ben McEvoy (106) 1

Round 2:
    Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles 1138 vs Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1108

The Spelunkers traveled to the land of the long white cloud for their second away game in as many matches, and went down to the cows in a narrow loss. Both teams were below par, but my superior tanking strategy paid dividends, even though The Bont smashed out a massive 140.

Pitt Boss Votes:

Marcus Bontempelli (140) 5
    Jack Gunston (131) 4
    Zac Merrett (112) 3
    Mitch McGovern (89) 2
    Jack Lonie (89) 1

Cumulative:

Zac Merrett 8
    Marcus Bontempelli 8
    Stephen Hill 4
    Jack Gunston 4
    Mark LeCras 2
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Ben McEvoy 1
    Jack Lonie 1

Round 3:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1136 vs Gariwerd Cockatoos 1226

Spelunkers have their first home game of the season and get done by the Cockies. New Recruit SPS starts to show his talent and The Bont and Zac just keep on going.

Pit Boss Votes:

Marcus Bontempelli (133) 5
    Sam Petrevski-Seton (116) 4
    Stephen Hill (110) 3
    Zac Merrett (98) 2
    Mark Blicavs (93) 1

Cumulative:

Marcus Bontempelli 13
    Zac Merrett 10
    Stephen Hill 7
    Jack Gunston 4
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 4
    Mark LeCras 2
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Ben McEvoy 1
    Jack Lonie 1
    Mark Blicavs 1

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bandit

2017 Home and Away Season review - Part 2
    Round 4:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 955 vs
    Mount Beauty Uglies 1105

The Spelunkers opted to travel across to Victoria on the Spirit of Tasmania. Unfortunately a few of the lads had a few too many Boags and created a shark feeding frenzy off the port side when they opted to chum up the water with their half eaten dinners. Bama’s mob smacked us into the first of several below par scores.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Zac Merrett (120) 5
    Marcus Bontempelli (115) 4
    Ben McEvoy (102) 3
    Stephen Hill (83) 2
    Jack Gunston (80) 1

Cumulative:
    Marcus Bontempelli 17
    Zac Merrett 15
    Stephen Hill 9
    Jack Gunston 5
    Ben McEvoy 4
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 4
    Mark LeCras 2
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Jack Lonie 1
    Mark Blicavs 1

Round 5:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1084 vs
    Cradle Mountain Devils 1321

The good old Tasmanian rivalry was alive and well, and I paid the price for calling Dean’s team mediocre as they handed me my arse on a plate. Big Boy McEvoy the only one who could hold his head high.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Ben McEvoy (117) 5
    Mark Blicavs (104) 4
    Stephen Hill (100) 3
    Jack Gunston (99) 2
    Marcus Bontempelli (88) 1

Cumulative:
    Marcus Bontempelli 18
    Zac Merrett 15
    Stephen Hill 12
    Ben McEvoy 9
    Jack Gunston 7
    Mark Blicavs 5
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 4
    Mark LeCras 2
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Jack Lonie 1

Round 6:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1032 vs Gundagai Grasshoppers 1228

Another piss poor performance against the Hoppers… it was at this point that my tanking grand plans were going along swimmingly with 5 losses in a row. More of the same I was thinking… except for The Bont and McEvoy… those guys were playing for far too much pride. Hooker back for his first game for the season and was rock solid.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Marcus Bontempelli (141) 5
    Ben McEvoy (125) 4
    Oscar McDonald (91) 3
    Cale Hooker (90) 2
    Zac Merrett (89) 1

Cumulative:

Marcus Bontempelli 23
    Zac Merrett 16
    Ben McEvoy 13
    Stephen Hill 12
    Jack Gunston 7
    Mark Blicavs 5
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 4
    Oscar McDonald 3
    Mark LeCras 2
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Cale Hooker 2
    Jack Lonie 1

11. Bandit

2017 Home and Away Season review - Part 3
    Round 7:

Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1091 vs Venus Bay Vultures 1022

Massive blow to my tanking efforts when the undefeated Vultures decide to throw one away by fielding an incomplete side. This was not helped by SPS, The Bont, Zerrett, Big Boy and f*cking LeCras deciding they would all put a solid shift in.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Sam Petrevski-Seton (134) 5
    Zac Merrett (133) 4
    Marcus Bontempelli (128) 3
    Ben McEvoy (111) 2
    Mark LeCras (95) 1

Cumulative:
    Marcus Bontempelli 26
    Zac Merrett 20
    Ben McEvoy 15
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 9
    Jack Gunston 7
    Mark Blicavs 5
    Oscar McDonald 3
    Mark LeCras 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Cale Hooker 2
    Jack Lonie 1

Round 8:
    Iron Knob Codpieces 1245
    vs Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1003

Back to form as Jimbo’s Knob’s took care of biz. Scores dropping off badly after the top 3…. LeCras posting a shitful 53… first nail in the coffin (well third after a 43 and a 54, but this was the first I noticed)

Pit Boss Votes:
    Zac Merrett (137) 5
    Ben McEvoy (111) 4
    Marcus Bontempelli (99) 3
    Jack Gunston (75) 2
    Cale Hooker (73) 1

Cumulative:
    Marcus Bontempelli 29
    Zac Merrett 25
    Ben McEvoy 19
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 9
    Jack Gunston 9
    Mark Blicavs 5
    Oscar McDonald 3
    Mark LeCras 3
    Cale Hooker 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Jack Lonie 1

Round 9:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 978 vs
    Foul Bay Chickens 1425

The Chief had clearly had enough of my shit and got a good percentage booster. My second sub-1000 score for the year and a sign of how young and inconsistent my team are. McEvoy polling votes in his 6th consecutive game. Zerrett shoves the Bont out of the way to take the lead in the B&F. LeCras with a 52.. get stuffed Frenchman.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Zac Merrett (107) 5
    Cale Hooker (100) 4
    Ben McEvoy (96) 3
    Luke Brown (96) 2
    Jake Carlisle (84) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 30
    Marcus Bontempelli 29
    Ben McEvoy 22
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 9
    Jack Gunston 9
    Cale Hooker 7
    Mark Blicavs 5
    Oscar McDonald 3
    Mark LeCras 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Jack Lonie 1
    Jake Carlisle 1

12. Bandit

2017 Home and Away Season review - Part 4

Round 10:
    Whitsunday Warriors 1049 vs Charlies Opening Spelunkers 889

Up to the party isle for a bit of R&R… and despite Terry’s best efforts, I still managed to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory! The Blitz starting to prove the doubters wrong that his career was over, and Big Boy finally misses in the votes. In the overall tally, it’s becoming a slug fest between Zerrett and The Bont. Darcy Tucker pops up for his first votes of the year too… watch this kid.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Mark Blicavs (102) 5
    Jack Gunston (96) 4
    Marcus Bontempelli (88) 3
    Zac Merrett (87) 2
    Darcy Tucker (82) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 33
    Marcus Bontempelli 31
    Ben McEvoy 22
    Jack Gunston 13
    Stephen Hill 12
    Mark Blicavs 10
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 9
    Cale Hooker 7
    Oscar McDonald 3
    Mark LeCras 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Jack Lonie 1
    Jake Carlisle 1
    Darcy Tucker 1

Round 11:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1049 vs Lovely Banks Lilacs 702

It’s always a nice day when Jen’s team come to visit, they leave the change rooms smelling so clean and fresh! Unfortunately she forgot to put a team in, and then Len stuffed up by putting a shit team in, and I got the bloody win. Not Happy Jan. 3 players score over 1/3 of the team score in a very inconsistent, yet winning, performance. The Bont and Zerrett continue to exchange blows.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Zac Merrett (141) 5
    Marcus Bontempelli (139) 4
    Mark Blicavs (135) 3
    Jack Lonie (92) 2
    Darcy Tucker (74) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 38
    Marcus Bontempelli 35
    Ben McEvoy 22
    Jack Gunston 13
    Mark Blicavs 13
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 9
    Cale Hooker 7
    Oscar McDonald 3
    Mark LeCras 3
    Jack Lonie 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Darcy Tucker 2
    Jake Carlisle 1

Round 12:
    Wineglass Bay Packers 1107 vs Charlies Opening Spelunkers 946

Straight after taking on Jen’s team it was on to Tracey, and the waters of the Freycinet Peninsula were very cold. Given it was Game of Thrones type weather, I decided to roll big Hodur out for his first run, and he did not disappoint. Rest of the team were suitably shit though… tanking going to plan again. Blitz polls votes for the 3rd week in a row and is coming into red hot form.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Sean Darcy (99) 5
    Oscar McDonald (98) 4
    Mark Blicavs (97) 3
    Jack GUNSTON (96) 2
    Zac Merrett (92) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 39
    Marcus Bontempelli 35
    Ben McEvoy 22
    Mark Blicavs 16
    Jack Gunston 15
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 9
    Cale Hooker 7
    Oscar McDonald 7
    Sean Darcy 5
    Mark LeCras 3
    Jack Lonie 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Darcy Tucker 2
    Jake Carlisle 1

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bandit

2017 Home and Away Season review - Part 5

Round 13:
    Marble Bar Misfits 1467 vs
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1213

Getting into the tail end of the season now, and we come up against the rampaging Misfits who are really starting to hit their straps. Whilst the team played ok, we were no match for Len’s mob, and they dispatched us with ease. This aided my ambitions of sliding back down the ladder, and was well received by the board. The Blitz polled Pit Boss votes for the fourth week in a row, smashing out a 137, and Savage was a welcome return to defence (no idea why he was out of the Saints lineup). Merrett runs ahead in the Pit Boss awards, would it be enough of a gap to hold off The Bont?

Pit Boss Votes:
    Mark Blicavs (137) 5
    Zac Merrett (109) 4
    Sam Petrevski-Seton (102) 3
    Shane Savage (101) 2
    Marcus Bontempelli (97) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 43
    Marcus Bontempelli 36
    Ben McEvoy 22
    Mark Blicavs 21
    Jack Gunston 15
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 12
    Cale Hooker 7
    Oscar McDonald 7
    Sean Darcy 5
    Mark LeCras 3
    Jack Lonie 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Darcy Tucker 2
    Shane Savage 2
    Jake Carlisle 1

Round 14:
    Nunawading Nuffers 841 vs Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1279

We traveled across the Tasman to be greeted by Andy’s cheerleaders waving pompoms and generally building up the match of some bottom dwellers into a frenzy that would make it seem like it was a top of the table clash. The fact was each coach had their eyes on the draft pool moving forward and this was an opportune time to put a stop to the hopes of the other side to achieve the number 2 draft pick. Unfortunately for the Spelunkers, the Nuffers did a far better job of being shit, and my guys ended up winning by 438 points. Duggan showed some glimpses of the future, and the rest of the engine room was on fire. Savage smashed out a 125 to aid his bid in getting a new contract for the following season.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Liam Duggan (129) 5
    Shane Savage (125) 4
    Zac Merrett (120) 3
    Marcus Bontempelli (120) 2
    Ben McEvoy (105) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 46
    Marcus Bontempelli 38
    Ben McEvoy 23
    Mark Blicavs 21
    Jack Gunston 15
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 12
    Cale Hooker 7
    Oscar McDonald 7
    Shane Savage 6
    Sean Darcy 5
    Liam Duggan 5
    Mark LeCras 3
    Jack Lonie 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Darcy Tucker 2
    Jake Carlisle 1

Round 15:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1260 vs Darraweit Guim Dirigibles 1111

The Spelunkers didn’t bother travelling back home after the Nunawading game, and rumours of out of hours interactions between Spelunkers and Nuffers Cheerleaders were plentiful. I hope some of those lead to future footy stars, as the Spelunkers gene pool needed some variety injected into it after generations of inter-breeding amongst family members. Unfortunately an outcome of all these shenanigans meant that the boys were up and about for their next game against Darraweit, and the lads again snatched an improbable victory. I decided to try and make some crazy positional changes to improve my tanking efforts but Jack Gunston and Cale Hooker swapped positions with great effect, Big Boy went nuts in the ruck, Blitz polled votes again, and Savage polled for 3 weeks in a row to cement his spot in next years team.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Jack Gunston (146) 5
    Cale Hooker (132) 4
    Ben McEvoy (120) 3
    Mark Blicavs (120) 2
    Shane Savage (105) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 46
    Marcus Bontempelli 38
    Ben McEvoy 26
    Mark Blicavs 23
    Jack Gunston 20
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 12
    Cale Hooker 11
    Oscar McDonald 7
    Shane Savage 7
    Sean Darcy 5
    Liam Duggan 5
    Mark LeCras 3
    Jack Lonie 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Darcy Tucker 2
    Jake Carlisle 1

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bandit

2017 Home and Away Season review - Part 6

Round 16:
    Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 908 vs Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1234

It was the tankers taking on the tankers… and the home side tanked far more effectively than the visitors. Zerrett did his best to appease the coach by missing the team bus, but that opened the door for The Bont to close the gap on the Pit Boss award, and he took full advantage. McEvoy and Savage continued their good run of form and the coke snorter bobbed up for a rare ton.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Marcus Bontempelli (123) 5
    Ben McEvoy (113) 4
    Jake Carlisle (107) 3
    Liam Duggan (104) 2
    Shane Savage (103) 1

Cumulative:
    Zac Merrett 46
    Marcus Bontempelli 43
    Ben McEvoy 30
    Mark Blicavs 23
    Jack Gunston 20
    Stephen Hill 12
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 12
    Cale Hooker 11
    Shane Savage 8
    Oscar McDonald 7
    Liam Duggan 7
    Sean Darcy 5
    Jake Carlisle 4
    Mark LeCras 3
    Jack Lonie 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Darcy Tucker 2

Round 17:
    Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1236 vs Birdsville Battlers 1092

The boys finished off the season with four wins in a row… which totally stuffed my draft pick run and put me into mid table mediocrity. A full enquiry will be had into the season end performance. The Bont decided that he would light it up for the final round of the season as well… taking the maximum votes and robbing Zerrett of the Pit Boss award.

Pit Boss Votes:
    Marcus Bontempelli (123) 5
    Shane Savage (113) 4
    Cale Hooker (107) 3
    Stephen Hill (104) 2
    Zac Merrett (103) 1

Cumulative:
    Marcus Bontempelli 48
    Zac Merrett 47
    Ben McEvoy 30
    Mark Blicavs 23
    Jack Gunston 20
    Stephen Hill 14
    Cale Hooker 14
    Sam Petrevski-Seton 12
    Shane Savage 12
    Oscar McDonald 7
    Liam Duggan 7
    Sean Darcy 5
    Jake Carlisle 4
    Mark LeCras 3
    Jack Lonie 3
    Mitch McGovern 2
    Luke Brown 2
    Darcy Tucker 2

The match committee are already looking forward to the cull at the end of the season. Foundation player Mark LeCras will be leaving the Spelunkers after one season too many, leaving Cale Hooker as the final foundation member on the team from 5 years ago. The only other confirmed player to be departing the Spelunkers at this stage is Adam Oxley.

To ensure full transparency of communication with our players, the following players have been advised that their positions on the squad for next season are under review:
    Mark Blicavs
    Stephen Hill
    Cale Hooker
    Mitch McGovern
    Jake Carlisle
    Luke Brown
    Darcy Tucker
    Jackson Thurlow
    Jarrod Pickett
    Kieran Collins

The Spelunkers are delighted to advise that the following players have accepted contracts for next season:
    Zac Merrett
    Marcus Bontempelli
    Ben McEvoy
    Shane Savage
    Jack Gunston
    Sean Darcy
    Riley Bonner
    Oscar McDonald
    Sam Petrevski-Seton
    Jack Lonie
    Liam Duggan
    Jack Bowes
    Oliver Florent
    Griffin Logue
    John CEGLAR
    Willem Drew

Onto Mad Monday which will be held at the Pembroke Hotel. Kick off starts at 1pm.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Len

Rumours exist around Bont seeking a trade to the Misfits ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bandit

Old information @Len ... ever since he traveled to MB in round 13, he detested the temperatures and the facilities, but he especially detested the amount of GWS players in the squad, as the Bulldogs have built a very heated rivalry with the club.

He was heard to say" There is no chance I'll join the Misfits unless they get rid of Tomlinson, Smith, Taranto, Ward and Haynes before I arrive"... so if you want to do that trade we are all ears :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Len

My info is he wants to play with Josh Kelly, his price is similar :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bandit

Yeah but that's ok... he will be at Norf

19. Len

Regardless, still a Misfit in a field of giants :)

• Like Like x 1