2017 Round Review: Round 23

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Aug 27, 2017.

By walesy on Aug 27, 2017 at 6:38 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

114 + JJK vs my Sloane and Yeo.

I'm tense. In fact, I can't even watch.

Meanwhile in my ORFFL matchup, I need Sloane to do poorly (And also JJK).

So I don't know what to root for.

The season is coming down to the final game, how are you shaping up? Hit up the poll

• Like Like x 1
?

How is your GF shaping up

1. Got it in the bag

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. I'm a bundle of nerves

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. I'm rinsed

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Shut up Walesy, I hit up Mad Monday a few weeks back

5 vote(s)
    35.7%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Aug 27, 2017.

1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      On behalf of the TS community I would like to add special thanks to Walesy who goes above and beyond for the TS community and is a top bloke in general, this year he gets to see his club in the finals without any of the 2013 onwards drama so I hope you enjoy it mate.
      • Like Like x 12
    2. anthak
      anthak
      Yep, well done Walesy!
      It's so great you keep this site going for us all :)
      If I happen to sneak into the top10, I'll definitely be donating a portion of the prize money to TooSerious.net - this site has certainly helped me this season.

2401 for me this week. So, I doubt I'll make up the ground I need (119 pts) to push into the prize money, but I'm still eager to find out for sure.

Disappointed with Rocky and Tuohy scoring low for me this week. If they had've put out some big scores this round for me as PODs I'd be laughing!

Well done to @Chris White , @UnderAchievers and @graeme who all beat me in a grand final.

I'm stoked I beat @churchboy , and I won my other 3 grannies too.

Waiting for lockout to finish now...

How did everyone else go? Score wise, and granny wise?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Week 1 Toyota AFL Finals Series

Thursday September 7

First qualifying final - Adelaide Crows v GWS at Adelaide Oval, 7.20pm ACST

Friday September 8
      Second qualifying final - Geelong Cats v Richmond at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday September 9
      Second elimination final - Sydney Swans v Essendon at SCG, 4.20pm AEST
      First elimination final - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles at Adelaide Oval, 7.20pm ACST (750pm AEST)
      • Like Like x 1
    4. anthak
      anthak
      SC site has updated.
      I moved up 3 spots into 15th in the end, 52 pts from 10th.

I was 462 pts from 2nd. 974 pts from 1st - gee they ran away with it didn't they! Massive win.

So my peak was 12th after round 17.

This season was so much fun. Shame I didn't get in the $$ when so close, but it's all good.

Thanks to everyone who helped with advice and encouragement along the way :)

And thanks again to Walesy. This site is so cool. I was all over the 'my teams' and ticker and stats pages and calculators every week, such good features.

Now looking forward to the ORFF offseason and fantasy NBA!

How did everyone else finish up?
      @bosco whered you end up?
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
      • Like Like x 10
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Lockout over. My side finished 12,186 which was disappointing but not unexpected after being 58,000th after 7 rounds.

I was in some very good leagues
      StillWayTooSerious (#62)
      YahooTooSerious V7.0 (#73)

Congrats to all the various league champions, high achievers and those who managed personal bests in overall ranks.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. anthak
      anthak
      That's probably the best TS league this year I would think?

Anyone know of any better?

My best was the "TS NBA Crew" league at 149th
    7. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Well done Anthak - 15th overall is a great achievement. Thanks to Walsey for keeping this site up and running - I don't know where I would be without those easily downloaded stats each week. Sloane's 130 got me over the line to win my only GF 2310 to 2307
      • Like Like x 4
    8. bosco
      bosco
      Great work mate. That's fantastic. I'm disappointed for you that you didn't manage to scrape into the top 10.

I tapered off this week with 2252 courtesy of parsons 10 and no buddy. Ran out of puff with no trades left and a bunch of reliable scorers sitting out on the bench. Final position of 45 dropping 11 spots this week. Overall really happy with the year though and totally agree that it's been fun.

A big thanks also to Walesy and everyone else who has helped me out this season. This is definitely my "go to" resource for SC value adding. Great job and thanks so much :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
      • Like Like x 7
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Awww, the warm fuzzies. Thanks guys, couldn't do it without all you guys using it and cheering me on. Love reading your chatter and trying to steal your picks :p

This upcoming weekend might actually become the first game of footy I watch since we got kicked from the finals all those years ago. Cut me haaaaard.

As for fantasy, won me cash league with Sloanes heroics, but lost the orffl to sc3mb4gsy so I'm a bit ambivalent. They I remember that a grand drowns a lot of sorrows, get in there knackers!!!!

Great year as always guys, it's been an absolutely pleasure keeping this site rolling over this year, you're all awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 8
    10. walesy
      walesy
      Bad luck antman, has a bloody killer season mate! It's always so stressfully exciting to be up there! Hope I can steal your team next year.

Wait , I mean follow your footsteps next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 2
    11. walesy
      walesy
      And for the last time this year (Not that you'll need it for a while)

Stats are up. :d
      • Like Like x 1
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 4
    13. anthak
      anthak
      Wow, so close! Congrats :)
      • Like Like x 1
    14. RPritch
      RPritch
      Clearly my team only cares about making a living as I was in 6 leagues with just one being worth money. I made two grand finals, lost one by 12 points, despite scoring a solid 2355 but won my only cash league. Ended up just one or two hundred off the top 20K so would say a poor season overall.

Cheers to Walesy and the others for there good work and congrats to Anthak and Bosco for the top 50 finishes
      • Like Like x 4
    15. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Big shout out to @anthak and @bosco for outstanding seasons. Envious.

Not sure if there is a term for worse than terrible but I'm in that zone.
      38,123 :spew:

Worse. Season. Ever.
      • Like Like x 2
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Whoa got smashed by @Kel in ORFFL league who scored 2500+ and in the ORFFF league by anthak scoring 2400+ but won rest of the GFs I was in.

Ended up just inside the top 1500 so pleased about that after looking at some really bad positions this year. I made so many key errors with selections and captaincy, really should have been top 1k but oh well.

This game is reasonably straight forward once you've spent a few years grasping the key components which should always keep your overall position high, but there is so much complexity on our end (because scoring system is a whole different beast and let's not forget this is all based on players too) which can affect how we do. It is very much death by 1000 different cuts even if teams become more similar.

It keeps us all engaged though, and what makes the SC game so great. Already looking forward to next year.

Thanks everyone and Walesy especially for running the site! :thumbsu:
      • Like Like x 3
    17. Penske file
      Penske file
      Won GF TS 2 league , sorry Clint. Thanks to Walesy and all other organisers/moderators for the opportunity and your good work. Congrats to all winners. I hope I'm able to come aboard next year.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Kel
      Kel
      Finished the season with a bang with a 2503 (845th for the round) winning 3 major and 3 minor grand finals. 10,407th overall after being 40-50,000th mid season after a very slow start so pretty happy with that.
      • Like Like x 3
    19. Len
      Len
      Finished this same as the last 3, 43-45k rank.
      Next year I am starting with the TG team, ended up 9945 with that one.