2017 AFL Draft

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 24, 2017.

By TheTassieHawk on Nov 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Did you see the look on Nick Coffield when it was announced that he was heading to St Kilda?

The guy looked absolutely devastated.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
    4. Len
      Len
      Just looked like a shy teen to me tbh
    5. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Yeah Clark and Coffield were some of the insider mail that turned out right so neither of them should've been surprised.

Disappointed that Hawks weren't picking in the top ten, a lot to like and would've been interesting to see who they did select. However happy with who we got, where we got them. Vic Country captain who can step into the midfield straight away and the biggest slider on the night. Now to see how they develop.
    6. Len
      Len
      Hawks were huge winners on my ratings, you'd have to be happy with that lot.
      Gold Coast supporters on the the other hand all wondering wtf is a Wil Powell!
      • Like Like x 1
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      a bit strange if true, I think the next 5-6 picks were all non victorian teams
    8. choppers
      choppers
      Bulldogs picked Naughton next then Carlton took O'Brien. GWS Adel WCE Syd Bris followed...
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Jason
      Jason
      No.

Nick Coffield was a Bulldogs supporter who missed out on coming to us by one selection.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Rookie draft on tonight at 5pm I think
      • Like Like x 1
    11. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      There were 3 mature age rookie pickups without AFL experience

Patrick Wilson (Sturt) by the Crows, Brody Mihocek (Port Melbourne) by the Pies and David Mirra (Box Hill) by the Hawks.

Does anyone see one or more of these guys in the running for a Round 1 spot ?
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Billy Gowers (Footscray) was also a mature age rookie selection. He would be a decent chance to play early in 2018.
    13. Len
      Len
      Patrick Wilson would have to be some chance, 22yo Mid but I've seen nothing to confirm
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 1