Calendar of Forthcoming ORFFA Events

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by ORFFA_Admin, Aug 25, 2012.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Andrew Mackie and Levi Greenwood :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, can't seem to find them in this years edition... I think I have found the problem with your drafting, your data is a year old....No wonder you want the window pushed out :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I remember saying years ago (and I was shot down I think haha) that holding the draft later gives an unfair advantage to those who have the time to watch pre-season games. I usually don't get to watch any of the preseason.

I understand your point of view though Chris. I guess holding it earlier does advantage those able to buy a prospectus.

I'm not sure what the best timing is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chris88

I'm not 100% sure either Ant. I think maybe my outlook on this has been shaped towards giving everyone time/opportunity/ability to have soething to study in the lead-up to the draft (or, alternatively, not locking out any of the information sources that could be used to inform drafting).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bandit

All jokes aside it doesn't worry me if we push the dates back... just means more intel into my all conquering spreadsheet which helps me draft :spud:'s every year

• Like Like x 2
  6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

This is the first time we have deliberately started prior to any JLT series games.
    From memory we are split pretty evenly on what we'd like, year about would keep me happy as I am firmly in the get recompense for research camp, ie I hear your valid reasons Chris, but I think they are not any more or less valid than those who want a returm on thier alternate selection investment, pretty hard to be fairer than alternating.
    This year I am up to 300+ hours, I'd like it to count for more than 20 mins of TV occasionally ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@chris88, @Bandit is only half-right, whilst Andrew Mackie has retired Levi Greenwood does in fact appear in the 2018 AFL Prospectus as a Collingwood player however Fantasy Freako's comment on Greenwood is "Doesn't play a role that is conducive to fantasy." I don't think there is anything in Greenwood's profile to make you question your decision to delist him. One of the sentences on Levi says "When he wasn't tagging in the midfield, he spent 56% of games forward, but struggled to impact the scoreboard rating below average for goals and poor for shot at goal accuracy for his position." Since averaging 95 in 2014 Greenwood's average has steadily declined to register 79, 71 and 62.

• Like Like x 3
  8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thankfully we've got good upstanding citizens to deal with those riff raf cave dwellers!

I remember last season I didn't have a prospectus and I asked Len a few times to send me photos of some players profiles. It helped.

We're a good community this, with all types we work together :)

But don't let those cave dwellers lead you astray
    (I can feel a "get stuffed" coming my way)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bandit

You don’t deserve the privilege!

• Like Like x 2
  10. chris88

Poor Levi, getting bagged in the Prospectus.

He was a good servant for the Blimps, alas, his time has come.

• Like Like x 1
  11. snoz

snoz Moderator

Have never seen a prospectus - ever. What the hell is it - an SC Magazine ?

• Like Like x 2
  12. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

o_O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bandit

@snoz it's the annual publication sold by Champion Data... all the stats of the clubs and players

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. chris88

See the debate from both sides, for sure. And absolutely agree that there's no more or less valid research method when going through them.

I guess my perspective in this instance is that if all the research methods offer valid information, then all of us should have the opportunity to draw on as many (or as few) of them as possible. For some, getting things moving before the pre-season stuff starts would be like cutting others' access to the Prospectus.

If they're all valid, keep them all in as possible sources of info.

• Like Like x 1
  15. snoz

snoz Moderator

Have seen it mentioned around the parts, but thought it was just information pushed out by other SC sites.
    I finally have an excuse for all those wooden spoons - you bastards have been cheating !!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  16. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

So that's what the prospectus is - I thought @walesy was taking TS public and listing on the ASX.

Geez with all that information at your finger tips you locals should beat us foreigners easily every year. :p

• Like Like x 4
  17. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The problem is most of us just look at the pictures

• Like Like x 5
  18. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Gee Len, hope we have retained the promotional geniuses used for aflx and got in neon goal posts, dj's, acrobats and fireworks for the draft- how exciting would that be. Can't wait for Friday night.

And at pick #1 super snoz on behalf of the Gundagai Grasshopers chooses .... drum roll ..., oh sadly snoz cannot be with us in person tonight so, lets have a big hand for the guvnor .... and Len unveils pick #1 to perhaps "It's rayning men." Might have got a bit carried away there, sorry. :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Bandit

Surely sNoZ being a pie man is going Stephenson ;)

20. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Well, if I lived in NY, barracked for the pies, and thought lacking heart only applied to Demon's supporters so would I :)

• Like Like x 1