2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Yeo will be a rollercoaster but with the way defenders are presenting at the moment you may have to just take the chance on him. At worst he probably ends the season on 85-90 average which is not what you want at his price, but wont be a total write off.
    2. benny01
      benny01
      Here's my team as it stands now.

TS RMT Upload.png

If it looks a little light it's because it is. I have 550k sitting there in case Danger is named. This is how my team has sat since the end of JLT 2. I won't be doing too much until teams are named.
    3. Len
      Len
      Back in Oz this afternoon, this is the revamp, not as many rookies looking likely as I thought would be at this stage.

Attached Files:

4. Len
      Len
      Decent side mate though I think there are better options than Libba at that cost, what makes you think we will rebound to the extent he is worth the coin?
      I'm not sure Keeffe has Js beyond round 3 or 4, if then.
    5. Len
      Len
      The fwd line feels like it will lack cash the generation you need, what do you do with the 660k if Denger isn't named?
      Hard to rate the team properly with effectively a premium missing tbh
    6. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Arimtage needs to be a premium or Coniglio/JOM. Don't like your forward midpricers either. Otherwise good, can't fault premiums chosen, two prems in the back is a risky call but one I like, and out of the rookies the only one I have reservations on at this stage is Keeffe. Think ZGL will have the better job security in that team.

Rich? It feels like 2012 again. Trading Marchbank for Weitering sounds like someone fixing for a Blues mid-pricer. Next you're going to feel the Byrne.

Good side. Don't think some of your rookies are going to be lining up Rd 1, or will only play until an established player comes in (like Fogarty and Tex) but they're never fixed at this stage. Wish I could find the coin for Ryder. Congilio is about the only mid in his price range I would select. Shame Rocky had to move clubs and have such a bad pre-season.
      Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    7. Len
      Len
      Cheers mate, hopefully won't reach the Byrne report, I have had Marchbank for ages, but numbers are numbers and they indicate Weitering is a better SC prospect for this year :)
      Re Rich I don't think he is any chance of appreciating, but do think he is highly likely to maintain his average, unlike most Def premiums this year..
    8. Jason
      Jason
      I preferred your previous version to this one.

I like to pick players that I believe have some upside unless they are permacaptain material. I can't see that in Yeo or Rich or Heeney. If they hold their 2017 form you don't lose I guess, but I'm not sold that they are assured of doing so.

Where is Brayshaw? Lockiest of locks for me this year. I realise that you short of the cash to upgrade Stephenson into Brayshaw.
      You have 5 rookies in the 150k - 200k bracket I really think Brayshaw is in the top 5 from that price range.
    9. Len
      Len
      So did I really, but this has more balance.
      Backs are a hot mess for me, Rich will hold value and Yeo shouldn't lose too much, unf that's the best that can be said of them, Heeney I do see improvement in tbh, time will out..
      Brayshaw is currently out as a result of me trying to bolster the backline. I genuinely don't like most defence options at the premium level and the rookies are incredibly lacklustre unless spending the coin for Naughton, Coffield and Cole..I fear Savage is pyrite.
      I did have a version today where Yeo was Mills, this allowed me to have Brayshaw and another prem rookie, I liked it better but it felt like it might be too weak for the first 6 rounds or so
      Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    10. Jason
      Jason
      I think we will have much better rookie options on most lines than 2017, which hopefully gives some flexibility to go a bit more mid-priced from the start. Last year decent rookies were just so thin on the ground, but I am confident we won't have the same problem this year.

If ever there was a year to try some DEF mid-priced madness, I think it is this one - given that the DEF keeper options are shaky at best. These DEF guys with the higher starting price tags would only need a few consecutive poor games and their price could easily drop down to a similar level to a pack of more enticing mid-priced options, and other than Laird I'm not confident that any of them will be particularly consistent in 2018.
    11. Len
      Len
      cheers mate, will revisit along those lines
    12. benny01
      benny01
      Appreciate the feedback guys. I've spent that money for now by upgrading Armitage and Brown to Cripps and Greene.
    13. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      D3 and R2 are doing my head in !
      Two questions

Will Nik Nat play rd1 up/dn
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Second question

Is Sicily good enough to end a top 10 def ? Up/Dwn

Great forum thanks
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      This side is a massive gamble for mine - you need a lot of improvement from a lot of players to make it work and hence a big risk - there's probably only 9 players you don't have to worry about that's not many !
    16. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      Not sure about Fogarty. He may get a game in round one if Tex doesn't come up but I really can't see him playing many unless Tex or McGovern get hurt.
    17. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      Well, the mighty Runts are back for another season of WTF? and general mediocrity. This is the current state of play. I have a couple subject to fitness tests and 120k currently in the bank to make rookies changes after selection. Pretty much a G&R setup after going with quite a few mostly crap mid-pricers last year.
      SC18A.jpg
    18. Owen
      Owen
      @The_Punt
      First time I've seen Hutchings, I like me some PODs so stick with him. Mills another good POD, and I like your rucks as that's what I've got at the moment. Is Hutchings due for a role change do you think with Mitchell and Priddis gone?
    19. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Disagree with your Permacapt bit, that's very impractical considering it's really on one player that fits that bill (Danger) and if you apply that to your mids you won't have anyone more expensive than Fyfe. Heeney has the sheer class and upside to either hold his scoring or improve, one of the few there I can see go 100ppg. Far better option than guessing which Bulldog flanker is going to stand out. Yeo is the same, it's unclear how his role will change but he's a proven accumulator and "more mid time" isn't usually seen as a negative.

As for defenders, I think you're selling the line short since it's up forward where we are going to have gamble more. It's not clear down back, but there are options to be had. You're going to have an easier time making the call on a reliable prem to score well and stay up in the top of the defs, than guess which midpricer is going to make a 20ppg jump by the byes.

I think down back you should make a gamble on a cheap premium like the Shaw's/Hanleys or Sicily/McGraths etc to try and roll the dice there, than do that on a cheap player who's price is in "no mans land" and a far greater risk of failure.

Agree about Brayshaw looking the best of the expensive rookies. Going to be intriguing to watch over the years how the top four draft picks match up against each other as they develop.

Nic Nat should be playing but it looks like they're rushing him and he'd have to be managed. Big risk.

I have Sicily but not my most confident pick. He could easily be quite inconsistent but some of his scoring last year makes him an enticing prospect.

You need Fritsch in the forward line, I'd downgrade Hutchings personally to a rookie like Holman, see if you can use the money to improve somewhere else.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Quick question
      Mills - up
      Sicily dwn
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
      • Like Like x 3
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1