2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Iain
      Iain
      Only one place I can see to use it, and that would make it:

TU - Bont, Parker, Cripps
      TD - Danger, Kelly, Brodie
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Yeah, Libba is giving me some structural issues. Had also been considering ditching him for Kelly.

EDIT: Still worried about Fogarty, but can't find a better option at this stage with the available final cash.

Here is that version: Capture.JPG

Thumbs up = Better
      Thumbs down = Worse

Comment => where am I going wrong...
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
      • Like Like x 6
    3. benny01
      benny01
      I'm one of the few people here who are pro Howe but I still like the move of dropping Brayshaw(MEL) to Naughton and Hibberd is in my side.
      LDU is someone who may come into my side. I'm not entirely sure why everybody has jumped off him I think he will have a good year but I do prefer Brayshaw(FRE) over him. I like Armitage if you look at him as a potential early upgrade.
      Banfield has been an absolute freak in the preseason matches (including the non JLT games) so he looks like a guy who is going to be one of the better rookies.
      I'm not entirely sold on Fogarty but he's certainly a better guy to start with over Higgins who doesn't look like he'll get much opportunity this year.

As for the rest of your team. I'm really not sold on Walters he can go huge or can vanish I've never liked those type of players myself. Ryder is an issue if you are going for overall because that bye of his could be very hard to cover. Even with these concerns I still think you have a great team as it is.

I have been busy and unable to check the site for more than a second is why I personally hadn't looked over your side earlier. I do read the majority of posts here and I often strongly agree with your feedback.
      • Like Like x 3
    4. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Yeah looks good. I am thinking of putting Garlett in my side somewhere if named tomorrow, so I'd say put him in instead of Fogarty if looking for an option, gives you dpp.

Is McLean really going to get that time in midfield to score well? His scoring shots up last year when Jong went down. With everyone fit except Wallis I just can't predict the quagmire there. I'd prefer Dahl in that case because of his track record. Even JJ, becoming a forward flanker too? Can tell Bevo is cut from the same cloth as Clarko.:D

Depends on what your structure looks like, first option gives you more premiums but having Danger is important especially as a captain choice.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. JC
      JC
      @port_leschenault trying to find where I saw it, but pretty sure I read Garlett will miss with a wrist injury.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Iain
      Iain
      Alright here's my team at this stage then, but still open to a few changes.
      SC2018.png
    7. Iain
      Iain
      I gotta say as well I'm not sold on Barry, Port have had a lot of new players come into that side so not sure they'll have room for him as well with Rocky Watts and Motlop playing. Any reason everyone else seems to have him? I just put him there to play around with money and while teams were named.
    8. anthak
      anthak
      I hear you. I feel that way too, but rookies are just guesses until teams are named. Important to try predict JS, but difficult
      • Like Like x 4
    9. JC
      JC
      Alright folks. Here's my lot with $200k leftover, which is far too much to have in reserve. Suggestions for where to spend it?

upload_2018-3-20_21-8-0.png
    10. JC
      JC
      I think the fact that he's mature aged put him on the radar and then he went ok in the JLT, so most people put him in hoping he'll stick as a cheap rookie. But you're right in saying his JS looks shaky.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Good team.
      I think upgrade Crouch to Danger, or just keep the cash to get Danger later
      • Like Like x 2
    12. JC
      JC
      My bad. That was Pickett with a wrist injury, not Garlett. :oops:
    13. JC
      JC
      Cats play the 2nd last game so if he ends up being a late out there aren't a heap of options to go to - and stashing $750k on the bench wouldn't sit too well with me! :)
    14. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      He's a mature-aged recruit who's played every JLT game. They must view that he's needed so if he's named he's a lock.

I think your side has too many expensive rookies, I'd get rid of one or both of Coffield/Stephenson personally. The first seems to have good job security but both don't seem to score well at all.

Yep, and Garlett did have injury issues during JLT but doesn't appear to be serious. So if named, he's in my team.
    15. Len
      Len
      I have almost exactly the same structure, your premium mids are mostly different, but not arguably better or worse, looks good to me unsurprisingly
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Len
      Len
      Maybe just use it to get Danger later?
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Len
      Len
      He has had an interupted pre-seaon with a shoulder injury, he's a no for me if enough obviously fit ones are named
    18. IPOD
      IPOD
      TU - armitage
      TD - JOM
      • Like Like x 5
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    19. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      If going Danger-less then not committing the money to the strategy just means you're left behind those that do if it works out. If it doesn't work out, he's going to be too expensive anyway, you'll have to go with it until you can get him as an upgrade target.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. JC
      JC
      I agree about committing the money, just some of the options I've considered feel like spending money for the sake of it which is why I posted the question.