2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Len
      Len
      I'm no help, I wish that was the TG side tbh
    2. Len
      Len
      This is where I am at now, pretty sure I am just making changes for the sake of it.
      Weitering vs Marchbank keeps swapping
      Christiansen has been in and out, can't fit him in atm.
      Cripps has been Whitfield a number of times, I think they have almost identical upside this year
      Fyfe was briefly Whitfield, I LOVED that version as I got to keep the same amount of premiums but trade a fwd rookie to Christiansen, but reality happened.
      Rookies are best guess, I like some a lot more than others.
      upload_2018-3-21_0-16-58.png

Name the freaking sides already!!
    3. IPOD
      IPOD
      While i was just about set i am now having second thoughts
      Option 1 - Stay with Armitage & Cripps - 189k left
      Option 2 - Keep Armitage & get Fyfe - 128k left
      Option 3 - Get JOM and Cripps - 183k
      Option 4 - Get JOM & Fyfe - 128k
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 4
    4. JC
      JC
      Well I'm unlikely to say it's :poop: given the similarities. :)

Only things I'd say are:
      - Mills/Marchbank at D2/D3 doubles down on your risk of failed breakouts in that line, but if ever there was a year to do it....
      - 6 rookies over $150k feels like a lot, but you have to take the ones you think will play I guess
      - I've looked at Cogs at M6, but I just didn't like the trade off in other lines. That said, I'm still trying to find ways to spend some cash so your way may be better!

Last thing I'll say is that we all do this for fun, so if you do love a line up more than others, maybe that's the one to go with?
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Structure looks fine, very MID heavy but can't recommend many FWD or DEF premium options this year so you've probably made a good call.

Stephenson doesn't impress me, for the price you have to pay to start him. Didn't score well in either JLT game (average of 50.5). If he was 117k I'd consider him given how slim the FWD options are, but at 180k I just don't think he's worth it. If he averages 50 you will make just 60k by round 9.

Bontempelli has upside if he plays as a MID but can't see him increasing his scoring if he spends significant time as a deep FWD. Given how rubbish the Bulldogs forwardline is at the moment, Bont almost certainly will spend time as a key FWD. I can't start him this year for this reason.

I think Goldstein is cooked.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Jason
      Jason
      Upgrade Christensen to McLean or Caddy
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Like @Iain, you also have Stephenson which I struggle with. He quite possibly plays lots of games but makes you only paltry coin. Think you both have one too many MID premiums which forces you to play another cheap (aka crap) FWD on the field.

I think there are better mid-price DEF options than Mills at around 400k. Why do you think he breaks out this year when his scoring didn't really hit amazing highs at any point last year?
    8. Nick
      Nick
      Like this team a lot, solid structure, and several premium choices that are similar to mine.
      I think Tim Kelly is a better mid bench spot that Constable, and Brodie and Stephenson could be paying overs, but teams will tell I guess.
      Potentially look at trying to open a DPP link somewhere if possible, but a lot of that will be governed by rookie selection tonight and tomorrow.
    9. Nick
      Nick
      One for the thumbs/options

Who gets the F4 spot?

Option 1: Sicily
      Option 2: Petracca
      Option 3: Caddy
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 6
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 4
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 2
    10. Len
      Len
      Stephenson’s junior numbers suggest Sc gold, unless someone better is named happy to take the risk on a sluggish start. Mills is 21 and on 46 games, right in the heart of breakout zone, but is a punt for sure
    11. Nick
      Nick
      LDU confirmed starter for North on Saturday night
    12. Nick
      Nick
      Dow and Garlett also confirmed for the Blues
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Trouble is Len, with the likes of De Goey, Wells and Elliot not too far away a sluggish start may mean he's out of the side pretty quickly.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Nick
      Nick
      FWIW I’ve got Stephenson OUT and Garlett IN
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1
    15. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      You should have Naughton over him anyway but Coffield doesn't look like starting. Neither Cam O'Shea but that was a given.

Rookies are going to be very similar this year.
    16. Len
      Len
      I've almost given up on Elliott, Well's is the future of nowhere, surely Buckley has to play the kids, (inc De Goey)?
      Anyway, if named i'll roll the dice on him, it's not like we flushed with choice right and I have more solid reasoning behind him than most candidates. Liam Ryan could play 22 games and not make 100k :)
    17. Jason
      Jason
      With Coffield not likely, I reckon I'm going to need Garlett now
    18. Len
      Len
      I had the same thought, my wrists blanched at the thought
    19. anthak
      anthak
      StK have announced Hunter Clarke will debut
    20. Jason
      Jason
      Caddy out, Rance in,
      Coffield -> Garlett.
      Not what I was hoping for, but at least it works.
      • Like Like x 1