2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Jason
      Jason
      We are all going to be in some serious trouble if Holman and Barry are not named...
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Len
      Len
      I've avoided Barry to date, an exposed "ceiling" of 31 doesn't excite me, Zac Dawson makes more sense :)
    3. Len
      Len
      Actually looking at who has been confirmed and who hasn't and it becomes likely a lot of teams will have one or possibly two less premiums and a couple more MP players than first thought..
      • Like Like x 1
    4. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I don't think Barry is that bad a scorer. He's a mature-age midfielder that hasn't been shunted to an end of the ground during pre-season. If he plays, he's should be comfortably getting over 50ppg.

Was expecting people to come around to Garlett. The things we have to do. :D
      • Like Like x 5
    5. JC
      JC
      I've got a couple of options depending on who gets picked. Barry to Garlett is one. Or Bundy down to Garlett would give me 500k to replace Coffield. Or even just making Coffield a Byrne/Bonner type. None are ideal but it is what it is.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      Any love for Gray this year? I know he is out R1. Have Garlett as E for tomorrow, so thinking if he can score 50, that will do. Only 10% have Gray and I think he will end up as a top 6 scorer by end year. Doing this saves me at least 1 trade later on.
      TU: Idea has merit?
      TD: Go and rethink
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
    7. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      I’ll consider him once he proves he can be consistent this year
    8. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Am I mad for considering Mundy in my FWD line? With fyfe back in the team I feel he can easily find another 5-10 ppg and be in the top FWDs. Even if he holds last years average he will be a top FWD at years end
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    9. Urqkel
      Urqkel

I like mundy in the forward line. Currently in my team
    10. anthak
      anthak
      I dont think its too silly. I have had Mundy in my team at times this preseason. Its just that he is getting quite old, so its probably more likely he declines than improves, but its clearly quite possible he steadies or improves. He played mainly midfield during JLT which could carry over to the season and mean an uptick in pts.
      I just cant go there due to his age and the direction his points ave has gone over recent seasons.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. anthak
      anthak
      I'm getting confused about Dangerfield now...
      My current team doesnt have him, but I'm really not sure which way to go.

Anyone know any decent recent news about him?

I understand we're all in the same boat and we probably wont find out for sure until Friday or Sunday....
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Had Gray but ultimately decided against it. His scoring history isn't as flashy as you'd think and his injury history is horrible. Last season was a outlier considering how many games he played and with the off-season he's had there's no way of knowing he will do the same. Combined with uncertainty of fit and how much of the scoring pie he would get at Port, too many red flags. I'd choose Wingard over him if considering someone from Port.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Just going to roll the dice without him. Still only going in with 14 prems though. Struggling to find the money to start with 15.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. moorfga
      moorfga
      Any love for either B. Ellis or K. Lambert as PODS?
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    15. anthak
      anthak
      I like Lambert a lot as a player but can’t justify him at his price.
      With Ellis I’ve had him in my team a lot of the preseason, but his role in JLT2 didn’t look good for SC. I specifically watched a replay of the game just to watch Ellis and I decided against starting him
    16. Iain
      Iain
      Good article on rookies @anthak

I didn't realise they were still using freelance pieces.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. walesy
      walesy
      No need to lock that in yet!

For mine, Gray is a great option to bring in- IF Garlett smashes it.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      My gut feel is he will be named and a late withdrawal and for that reason he has left my team. Even if he's only out for round 1 all it takes it a little tweak at training and 1 week becomes 4-6, not sure I can carry that risk.
    19. Jason
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Cheers Jase, bloody good to find out now, was sure they'd play games and name him. Bullish about next week though, tipping plenty that don't care about overall will still take him.