2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Just got my first couple of minutes with very slow response from the SC website.
      And so it begins...
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Has anyone looked closely at their bye structure? MyTeams here on TS makes this very easy.
      What is considered "good" for this?

I have 3/7/10/10 which I like. Gives me the chance to hang onto some guys with R13 and R14 byes during R12 and replace them when they reach their bye with upgrade targets who had the R12 (or R13) bye.

Will need some cover for Ryder during R8, but will wear this as a :donut: rather than use a trade for one round.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Haven't really looked at all until now tbh, 2/7/10/11, I can live with that.
    4. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Aren't byes a cricket term? :D
      • Like Like x 2
    5. benny01
      benny01
      Here it is the teams dropped version of my side. I'm sure it will change again but I'm happy enough for now.

TS RMT Upload v2.png
      • Like Like x 1
    6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Here's my Friday morning draft with $42k left over. English as FD if he fails to make the 22.

Langdon and Murphy are the 2 cheapies I would be looking at slotting in to replace more expensive rookies to build cash or invest in a slightly higher priced D3, F3 or F4. Similarly Ablett will most likely be swapped to a cheaper M3/M4.

Having cut Dangerfield I have culled Brayshaw (Melb), Armitage and Christensen who were my last 3 $250-$350k midpricers. I am considering Lycett as R2 instead of Ryder and upgrading F5 from a rookie to a premium.

tthFRIDAY.png
      • Like Like x 1
    7. benny01
      benny01
      I like the idea of going with Lycett just to increase the strength of your forward line. As much as I think Stephenson and Rayner will get plenty of opportunity their starting prices would be much nicer around the 150k mark. Compare them to the similarly priced Brayshaw and it's not even close in terms of scoring potential.
    8. Nick
      Nick
      Still
      Great team benny, very similar structure to mine and similar premiums. I'm also using advantage of cheap rookies to squeeze more premiums in rather than take a chance on too many expensive rookies, such as Dow who didn't do well last night.
      Only thing I'd ask is no Tom Mitchell?
      What was the thought behind Martin over Ryder? I ask as this has been bothering me too
    9. Nick
      Nick
      GAJ! What a POD! Could be awesome for you if he takes Danger's points this week and pumps out a 150...
      Solid side, good DPP linkages
      Watch out for Keeffe not being named, maybe Murphy is a better bet? Anyone's guess....
      Personally I would have cheaper fwd rookies than Rayner and Stephenson and upgrade Petracca...but I can see your logic there
    10. Nick
      Nick
      Here's my side, pretty happy with it. Managed to use cheaper rookies and not have the ? over Sicily by upgrading him to Heeney.
      One thing it lacks is DPP links but I think I can trade into that.
      Only 7 rookies on the fields sits well with me. $19k left.
      Still trying to split the fwd rookies for F8...

Team Mar 23.PNG
      • Like Like x 1
    11. benny01
      benny01
      For some reason I have a really strong feeling about Clayton Oliver this year. I really wanted him in my starting side. Same goes with Zach Merrett. I felt that Dusty and Fyfe were absolute locks and Kelly is someone I have admired since before he was even drafted. I've had Titch in my side up until this team. I felt that he won't really grow. I think he will score very similarly to how he did last year. I will be looking to trade him in before the bye rounds start. Ultimately he got squeezed out when I went from a 2-0-6 backline to a 3-0-5. Though I still may swap Oliver, Kelly or possibly even Fyfe up to Titch. I'd love to fit them all in and more.

On Ryder it is purely because of his bye. It's just a future headache I'm trying to avoid. He would have been my choice otherwise.
      Stef is looking really fit and ripped again like he was when he had that absolute beast of a year 3 or 4 seasons ago. I'm hoping Archie Smith doesn't get much of a run. Fagan has tended to give the reigns to Martin and I'm hoping it continues.
    12. anthak
      anthak
      my most recent team:

D: Laird, Hibberd, Tuohy, Murray, Finlayson, Keefe, Doedee, Murphy.
      M: Martin, Mitchell, Crouch, Fyfe, Coniglio, Armitage, Brayshaw, Banfield, Kelly, Barry, Holman.
      R: Goldstein, Gawn, Olango.
      F: Heeney, Billings, Walters, Smith, Sicily, Fogarty, Garlett, Fritsch

$3,100 in the bank, so bugger all.

No Naughton.
      Need Keefe to be named, if he isnt, I'll swing Sicily into def and pick up a WCE fwd instead of Keefe.

Thoughts?
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Can you afford Keeffe -> Naughton if you downgrade Fogarty -> Ryan?

I think Fogarty doesn't hold his spot when Walker and Lynch are ready to play.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah that was my first thought too, but I can’t afford it. By a small margin
    15. Fitzy
      Fitzy
      Any words appreciated

D: Laird, Hibberd, Bonner, Naughton, Murray, Doedee, Finlayson, Murphy
      M: Martin, Mitchell, Zorko, Fyfe, Coniglio, Armitage, Brayshaw, Kelly, Banfield, Holman, Barry
      R: Kreuzer, Gawn, Cameron
      F: Heeney, Billings, Walters, Petracca, Smith, Fritsch, Ryan, Giles-Langdon

88.6k in reserve.

Not overly convinced on Armitage, would have him in the hope he gets to 450-500k quick and can be a move to Danger, but not overly convinced with him in the Saints midfield and also don't know how to better use that cash. What do you all think?
    16. walesy
      walesy
      What's your thoughts on Libba?
    17. Jason
      Jason
      I think he is a value proposition. Looked back in business during JLT, compared to sluggish 2017.
    18. Fitzy
      Fitzy
      As a dogs fan, reckon he'd be a good pick in SC? What do you think he's capable/likely of averaging
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Capable of 110, likely 100-105
      • Like Like x 1
    20. anthak
      anthak
      I’ve had Libba a lot of ps. In the end though I was deciding out of him and Armitage. Both are good gambles imo but I felt like Armo has less risk, mainly due to cheaper price tag... which also allows money to be used elsewhere.
    21. walesy
      walesy
      That's why I brought him up. He seems very similar to Armo- pricier no doubt, but also has the capacity to become a keeper.

I keep forgetting that Armi is *so* bloody cheap though!
      • Like Like x 2