Round 7 Teams and Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, May 3, 2018.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Blimps shooting for a record low score after my two best mids barely score 100 combined. Not a great set of scores thus far .... Richmond, North and StKilda players need to fire.

2. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Not the first time the Devils have been mooted as a dangerous opponent by an opposition ORFFA coach in 2018, and this week it is coming to fruition.

Fortunate timing for the Devils to take on the powerhouse 6-0 top of the ladder Vultures without Buddy, Greene and Deledio whilst the 2-4 12th placed Devils are unchanged and at full strength. Due to injuries the Vultures forward-line is undermanned with Daniel Talia playing OOP alongside Mitch Crowden.

Home side Venus Bay are 749/9 = 83.2 ave, with a slightly lower average than the underdog Cradle Mountain outfit 615/7 = 87.9 ave

Vultures to play: J Howe, J Crisp, D Beams, S Martin, J Hogan and ORFFA debutant M Crowden

Devils to play: N Vlastuin, J Lever, S Pendlebury, J Steele, T Nankervis, T Membrey, J Gresham and D Zorko

@Fitzy I am still expecting the Vultures to get the win as three of the Devils to play are forwards Gresham and Membrey along with vice-captain Dayne ‘bridesmaid’ Zorko, with this trio all having had multiple poor performances in 2018 whilst five of the Vultures to play are averaging over 80. As well as being the current vice-captain Zorko was runner-up in four consecutive CMD best and fairests from 2014 to 2017 earning him the ‘bridesmaid’ nickname. For the game against the Vultures Zorko was demoted to the interchange and is playing for his position in the side. The only other player to finish runner-up in a Devils b & f is fellow midfielder Jack Redden who after finishing runner-up in 2012 & 2013 had two more top 10 b & f results before falling off a cliff and becoming a fringe player. Redden who is an ex club vice-captain of CMD was an emergency for the Devils encounter against the Vultures and has been in outstanding form in the seconds scoring 134 this weekend to follow 127 last weekend to deliver a top-shelf case of zugzwang and bang on the door, demanding to be selected. Given the gap between his state of origin 2016 & 2017 form compared to his 2018 form to date Zorko shapes as the x-factor in a gripping Vultures vs Devils game.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Cows' round 7 zugzwang update:
    Mason Wood, I/C emergency - 123
    Josh Dunkley, F emergency - 95

Another Sunday where the opposition, this week @JC's Battlers, seem to me to be a good chance to take the four points.
    Cows - 899/11 av 82
    Battlers - 503/6 av 84

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have it Cows 909/11 & Battlers 502/6. Plenty still to go, but I always prefer to be in front with my points in the bank.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The Misfits are this weeks bye, drowning in the backwash of an orange ripple

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I see Fyfe went big and my Freo guys went like :poop:. Think you'll be fine, Graeme.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I haven’t had a close look but I think my team are putting in a good performance for once, which I’m happy about after an indifferent start to the season.
    Hopefully can keep it going!

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I could say the same thing. Dreadful. Bris/Pies good but

• Like Like x 1
  9. anthak

Just arrived in Wagga Wagga. I didn’t see any departing Uglies at the airport.

I did notice a distinctive town whilst flying overtop that I thought I’d check the map afterwards to see what town it was and it turns out it was Gundagai, home of the Grasshoppers!

I’ll be in the area for the next couple of days doing some scouting work which might come in handy later in the season

10. chris88

Super quickly (and it probably won't make a whole heap of difference) but might be an idea to check your teams and scores. Have noticed a discrepancy with the team submitted by my colleague from Lovely Banks - nothing serious, but maybe double check.

11. TerryinBangkok

If you're passing through that huge metropolis called Junee, birthplace of the TiB, might be best not to mention my name.

• Like Like x 1
  12. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Hi everyone, you may or may not have noticed my lack of participation this season. This was not my intention when I signed on this season. There have been UGE changes at my work and as a result my ORFFA and Supercoach have been casualties. I have too much respect for you guys to keep letting the competion down. Sadly I have decided to resign my tenure as the head Nuffer . I know the timing stinks but I just can't do what needs to be done. I'm sorry. Thanks for the fun and I hope you don't mind if I look in on you guys from time to time.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

This is very disappointing news mate, is there something we can do to nurse you through this period?

14. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I echo Len’s sentiments.
    Would hate to see you bail out, especially if you still have the desire.
    Many hands here to help out the Nuffers if you think there’s some light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like Like x 2
  15. anthak

Haha, thanks for the warning!
    But, no won’t be up there.
    Staying in Tumbarumba tonight and catching a flight out of Canberra tomorrow arvo. Will end up driving through Gundagai on the way.

16. TerryinBangkok

Say g'day to the dog (on the tuckerbox).

• Like Like x 2
  17. TerryinBangkok

Me too. Think about possibilities of one of us nursing the nuffers through until things improve, or nursing through to the mid-season draft while we search for a new coach - or anything we could do that you think might help.

Very sad.

18. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I would be really sad if we cannot find a solution that maintains an original in our group. @melbandy please let me know if there is any way I can help mate - besides you owe me a drink (or two). @Len please ask if there is anything I can do.

• Like Like x 1
  19. chris88

Whatever we can do to help, @melbandy, let us know.

20. anthak

@Len probably best you contact Andy by mobile to see when he thinks he could get back on board and then we could decide whether it’s appropriate to find a caretaker or a new coach.

I’d also like to see @melbandy continue on if possible at some stage.

But I fear he wouldn’t see these comments in this thread, so might be best to sms or call.

I had identified a trade target on the Nuffas squad too and had just enquired privately about their value a couple of days ago, so I think a discussion needs to take place about whether the caretaker should be able to trade if they wish. If @melbandy is to take over the team again at a later stage, then his input on this matter should clearly hold a lot of influence, so we’ll need to check with him as well.