2018 Mid-Season auctions thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Auctions are open but will pause from 10th June 11pm until the MSD commences the next day

Auction rules:
    1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time.
    2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time.
    3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale.
    4. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary.
    5. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so.
    6. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser.
    7. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional.
    8. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade.
    9. Once a bid is tabled the bid is live until rejected OR deemed beaten by the person conducting the auction, it cannot be materially altered once tabled.
    10. No bid can be conditional on outcomes not directly related to the auction at hand.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@Lenny120 @ChiefRussell @jimbowan @TerryinBangkok @Len @chris88 @anthak @bama @graeme @Bandit @Jen @Tracey @That KI Guy @JC @snoz @Fitzy @dmandrews

The Nuffers place for auction
    Dale Thomas (Carlton, F/M, 11@81 2018 average) plus the Nuffers 2019 PSD 3rd Round selection (highly likely to be in the pick 37-42 range)
    http://tooserious.net/forum/player_career.php?id=133&pcid=46488&name=Dale Thomas
    - 2018 AFL prospectus page number to be added later

In exchange we are seeking
    - ESSENTIAL - a 2019 PSD pick inside the first 4 rounds
    (this pick can be better or worse than the pick being auctioned but bids will not be considered if they lack a PSD pick inside pick 72)
    - as well as EITHER a younger player with at least 25 career games played including 8 or more his season or a 2018 MSD Pick inside 36 or both

Auction will conclude at 10pm Thursday 7th June.

3. Len

No need to tag everyone in these threads mate, we all subscribe to the threads and most optionally select the email notification on important threads, so tagging "all" becomes a bit spammy by default :)

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I may as well start this off.

I’ll bid our 4th round PSD pick and our 2nd round MSD pick 29.

5. TheTassieHawk

Cheers Ant - this bid does not meet reserve in the Dale Thomas auction.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I’m out then. That was my best shot.
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  7. Len

Misfits auctioning two players, both with very low reserves for rather obvious reasons.

Separate auctions;
    1. Jamie "Collingwood's most important player" Elliott whom I paid a ridiculous amount for and have completely lost patience with.
    2. Billy "I used to be a #1 ruck" Longer whom is legitimately a 3rd wheel for me with Flynn's virtually inevitable ruck role at the giants next year.

Any 2019 PSD pick better than 54 or 2018 MSD pick below 20 will meet reserve on either player.
    Players offered will be completely ignored, picks only if interested please.

Auctions both end this coming Friday 9pm

8. Len

These auctions are still running obviously, but with the Saints rucks now handcuffed Longer's price is higher and less likely to see reserve met.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

Reminder - closes tonight at 10pm, note I will most likely be offline between 2pm-6pm, surely someone wants a short term F2/F3 for a tilt at this year's premiership at a very cheap price ?

10. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Offer for Dale Thomas and 3rd round PSD

Venus Bay offer our MSD pick 18 and 2019 3rd round PSD

11. TheTassieHawk

@Fitzy
    It's a low offer for where I value Daisy as it equates to about a 3rd round MSD pick for an 80's average forward after adjusting for the pick swap component - but I will accept it as meeting reserve

@anthak or others now have their chance to outbid you in the next 4 and a half hours if they choose !

note - due to RL issues I may take up to an hour to respond to bids so please bid strong and bid early if you are keen to buy !

12. TheTassieHawk

107 minutes left in the daisy sell off !

• Like Like x 1
  13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Offer for Dale Thomas and 3rd round PSD

The Cows offer our first round MSD pick (#17) and our 2019 3rd round PSD pick

14. TheTassieHawk

@graeme's bid is marginally superior, mostly due to the 1 pick MSD upgrade and me not knowing who should finish higher on the ladder after finals as both teams seem equally matched at this stage of the season

@Fitzy - any response ?

i'll try to be on every 15 minutes until 10pm but RL is making it very tough !!

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheTassieHawk

34 mins until the hammer falls, will another bid appear ?

16. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Not likely.

Hang on, was that rhetorical?

• Like Like x 3
  17. TheTassieHawk

Sold ! A pleasure doing business with you @graeme, and thanks for your earlier bid @Fitzy .

18. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Get stuffed @graeme

Guess I should have been checking. damn, well done guys and congrats on your revenge from the weekend graeme hahahaha

• Like Like x 5
  19. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

My pleasure TTH. I went out for a lunch that turned out to be lengthier than planned . Woke up this morning to the sound of a short, fat, elderly midfielder knocking on the door. :D

Oh, @Fitzy - get stuffed, but in the most polite way possible. And you too Banditto, just for good measure.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Given there is a minimum of 13 coaches participating in round 2 of the MSD... I'll put pick 23 up for auction. Here is your chance to jump the queue to get another :spud:

Want a PSD draft pick Round 4 or better.

Have at it. Auction ends 10th June at 8pm AEST

• Like Like x 2