ts Addicts "Rules" Thread

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Addicts Rules Summary

The teams will have 20 players each.
    12 onfield, made up of 3 Def, 3 Fwd, 5 Mids and 1 Ruck, 1 Emergency who will score full points regardless of whom they replace when needed.
    Plus 7 reserves.
    The league settings are;
    10 teams.
    Starting round 1
    Play each other twice in a home and away format, no play during the bye rounds
    Round 22 is semi finals with 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3
    Round 23 is GF with the two SF winners playing off.

Linear draft in reverse ladder order each preseason
    No captains
    Auto Emerg active
    Rolling Lockout active

Player movement;
    All trades, waivers and free agent access will be via this thread http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/tsaddicts-player-movement-thread.89346/
    No player movement during a round.
    No free agent access from the start of the last round until the PSD

Single pre-season draft each year typically early March, squads cut to a maximum of 15 prior to the start of the draft.
    Draft will have a 6 hour time limit between 8am and midnight, this the MAX time after which you will be assigned the highest avg scorer from 2022. I expect people to be picking at a rate that gives us minimum of 10 picks per day.

We are using the waiver table in the Player Movement Thread for player access when under waiver conditions;
    Waivers are locked until 7pm Tuesday (Melbourne time), players can only be accessed from the free agent pool via waiver.
    Following that period and up to 15 minutes prior to the start of the first game of any round players can be swapped from the free agent pool, but must be posted in that thread first to prevent two people grabbing the same free agent.

Inter-team trades;
    Posted in the Player Movement Thread at any time between rounds during the season, and at any time post season
    3 non-participating approvals to pass or 48 hours without objection.
    If there is an objection we discuss it as a group.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  2. Len

We don't have many rules, and typically refer to the SC draft ones where needed or relevant but if I have missed anything important for new participants or for the rest of us to refer to please let me know

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@Len is the ladder based on match points, then percentage or points for?
    Looks to be points for ahead of percentage here on TS. Couldn't see anything in here to explain which way it would go.

4. Len

It's supposed to be Game points and then Points for per the discussion below
    Mini SC Keeper League

Though tbh that's also how I am seeing the ladder?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  5. Jason

Ah, couldn't find it but thanks for that.

The ladder would look so much better right now if we used % before points for... :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Looks like I can't get a new ruck until Monday. Fair enough though, should have kept my records a bit better :oops:

7. Len

Can throw an oop one in if you have a player still to play this week if they are not already selected mate

8. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I have got a Gold Coast MID benched. I still would have preferred a pm though. I was on the website Wednesday checking the trades and stuff.

9. Len

tagged at least three times mate, over multiple days. It's not like this is a paid gig, I personally would prefer phone calls from the queen and dancing girls, but rarely get them

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I don't recall asking for that much, but all a notification saying something's happening in the player thread tells me is someone's moving players.

This is something I should track but it's not that urgent, a message would have been sufficient for me to actually know something notable like, one of my players wasn't a free agent and will be delisted.

11. Jason

Did you not get the notification from Len's tags (at least two that I can recall) in the player movement thread?
    @Len tagged me in the same post as he also tagged you on Wednesday for a similar issue and I received my notification.
    Unless for some reason you never received the notification, I'm not sure that you have solid grounds to be complaining here mate.
    You can review your notification history like this:

[​IMG]

12. Len

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Hey @Len, I would personally prefer to start the draft on the 14th March as I am planning to be away for the long weekend and there could be overlap with the ORFFA draft.

With a later start 10 teams times 3 picks should easily be completed by the Sunday 17th/Monday 18th, still well ahead of the busy SC time pre Blues vs Tiges.

14. Len

I think we'll probably draft a bit deeper this year, I'm personally not fussed either way on delaying to the 14th, but with 5 drafts overlapping I may be an exception.

Does anyone else have a need or pressure that means the date can or can't change?

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

With only 8 teams drafting, we can take our time......start on the 12th, no time limit. We have over 9 days to complete what should be about no more than 30 picks, even noting TTH is away at the start.....

16. Len

10 teams, prob 40 odd picks, I happy to start on the 12th and not rush the picks until the 15th we will easily do it in time

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

All good for me.

18. Len

Public Service Announcement
    The bullshit artists formerly known The Who Dats
    Have regenned as the Panguna Panthers

19. Jason

Always thought they should have been TWD rather than WHO, at least PAN will be simpler!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jason

Trying to establish what the (new) roster and number onfield is, are there updates needed to the OP of this thread or is this still the case?

If there are (as I believe to be the case) changes, @walesy will need to work some magic in the tsleagues area in a hurry.