ORFFA Round 17 Teams & Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Aug 2, 2018.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Gariwerd Cockatoos, round 17.

In: Scott Selwood
    Out: Chris Masten

D: Laird, Hurn, Tuohy, Murray (Varcoe)
    M: MCrouch, Steven, Miller, NJones (Masten)
    R: Bellchambers
    F: Wallis, Lambert, Wingard, Jenkins (Christensen)
    I: Rockliff, SSelwood (Young)

@ Gundagai

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

geez. Franklin does nothing for about 3 weeks, and then when I would like him to stay quiet, Collingwood lose their only tall backman and Franklin has a picnic. Can't take a trick, the Blimps were actually going well till tonight!

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I've done a quick tally, MBM 739/9/82 vs IKR 835/11/76 Stanley late out leaving @jimbowan with only 14.
    As with most MBM games the result is largely dependent on the GWS game

4. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The game between Cradle Mountain Devils and Whitsunday Warriors looks like it will be a thriller, the CMD home crowd is at fever-pitch with potentially a finals berth on the line.

The Devils are 1,060/13 = 81.5
    If Redden and Himmelberg play to their season average CMD will finish with a tally of 1,218

Whitsunday Warriors are 679/8 = 84.9
    If Marchbank, J Lonergan, Simpson, J Cameron, Harmes, Lobb and Holman play to their season average the Warriors will finish with a tally of 1,217.

Devils midfielder Jack Redden is the only player involved in the last AFL game of the round so he is likely to have a score to chase down to determine if the Devils record their 10th win of the season and if another result goes their way the Devils make the finals for the second season in a row.

5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@Len Josh kelly on 160 at 3QT, a big day even by his lofty standards

• Like Like x 2
  6. chris88

Hold on, what happened to Toby Greene? Coniglio and Davis riding the Orange Tsunami has somehow got me back with a rough chance. Josh Kelly topping 200 was unbelievable.

7. Len

Lost Taylor and Lids in the first qtr, Greene in the 2nd and Simpson in the third.. carnage

8. chris88

It's taken till the last game of the last regular season round but it's done. Walters and Lewis have worked their bums off, but Hogan having a picnic against shit opposition and Yeo going nuts (and Gaff playing well in and out king hitting blokes) will do me in.

Bar Walters outscoring two dudes in the last, gonna fall about 30 points short.

Well done Fitzy. losing Greene like you did would've been a crap way to lose - and for me to win.

Would've liked to chuck my best side on the field this week, but injury, suspension and the baffling Jarryd Lyons omission made it tough. Fielding my two Richmond backmen and both Caddy and WHE was something i was trying to avoid given their respective opposition. But I didn't have much of a choice.

onwards, and to the trade table.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

You, me and 8 others @chris88

Hopefully pick 4 can be turned into a decent short and medium term haul prior to 2019 commencing.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Len

Not sure if it gets the Misfits into the finals, we managed 1471, should have been over 1500 but played Haynes ahead of Tomlinson. The Cods coped two late outs in Stanley with no cover and Hamling with minimal cover so something of a hollow victory, not sure if it gets me into finals but I think so. If so ready to rock a few boats :p

• Like Like x 5
  11. dmandrews

The Warriors remaining seven players collectively scored close to their season average to increase the team’s tally to 1,212. The Devils last two men at the crease – Harrison Himmelberg and Jack Redden excelled in a high pressure situation to score 110 and 137 respectively, propelling CMD to a tally of 1,307, defeating the Warriors to record their 10th win of the season. If provisional results are correct Cradle Mountain have staged a remarkable fightback to made the ORFFA finals for the second year in a row despite at one stage having a record of two wins and five losses to be in 13th position, two games behind 11th after Round 7.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Going to be the most interesting first round finals fixture that I can ever recall...I'm glad I don't have to pick it.

(BTW, if I did I would pick wrong...I did every time)

• Like Like x 5
  13. anthak

Yeah for sure!

I’ve ended up in the damned 4th spot, meaning I get to play the team the top 3 don’t want to play. But gee, I don’t know how I’d rank the teams 5-8 anyway! I could end up with anyone.

• Like Like x 3
  14. dmandrews

It will be an extremely difficult choice for the top three teams to rank the teams in the bottom half of the eight. After the mid-season break the teams ranked fifth to eighth have collectively recorded more 1,400 plus scores than the top 4, albeit just 7-6, and the reigning champs the Cows are the only top eight team not to register a 1,400 plus score in this time so it will be fascinating to see what the match-ups are and how many top four teams win in the first week of the finals. @ChiefRussell, any chance of some updated finals eve odds for the premiership and some comments from ChiefBet?

• Like Like x 3
  15. ChiefRussell

ChiefBet couldn't do OFFICIAL odds until the finals matches are set...and is reluctant to do so as they don't want to influence matchups (and I don't want to put a target on my back haha!)

I will let punters in on a spoiler though...Venus Bay are still favourite, just. The Gaff suspension hurts and they are sweating on the fitness of a few blokes, but they have clearly been the best side this year. There is a bolter from the 5-8 range in at very short odds and then you can throw the blanket over the other six sides.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ChiefRussell

Needless to say, ChiefBet's pre-season odds look almost spot on. The top 9 in betting all finished top 9.

• Like Like x 5
  17. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Indeed it is difficult to rank the teams who finished 5 - 8. It is a tough job, but someone has to do it. Would rather that task than being in the other group. :p

At the risk of upsetting some I'd suggest the make-up of the top 8 reflects the best 8 teams right now. However, it is the scores in the next three weeks that count rather than the last three weeks. Happy with the cows side, especially if some of our better players keep come back from injury.

BTW, pretty sure I know who your playing ant; that will be the side that ChiefBet has just shortened the odds on. Don't think anyone has any doubt about their identity.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Bit low of @JC to get a Venus Bay ring in to jump the fence and snot Andrew Brayshaw in an attempt to make the top 8!

• Like Like x 1
  19. anthak

exactly why I didnt want to finish 4th...

With all due respect to those above me, (outside of Venus Bay) I would rather be playing one of the top 4 than the best of the rest.
    Anything can happen in one weekend though, and I think any of the top 8 can beat any of the others on the right day.

I'd say Fitzy's Venus Bay is the deserving favourite though.

Looking forward to the finals series!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Bloody Andrew Gaff..... that one hurt, the rehab staff going to be working at ends on a few blokes this week. Not gonna lie, I was pretty confident a few weeks ago, however now I'm very worried haha.

Quick shoutout to Buddy Franklin, his 178 ensured I go the H&A season undefeated, after his performance last week I was doubtful he'd even get up to play this week, hopefully his heel stays in top nick for the next few weeks!

• Like Like x 1