Grand Final Tickets???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by JPK, Sep 26, 2018.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Hi TS Community,

I have a desperate plea that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

Basically: I'm looking for two grand final tickets, please.

My wife and I already have our flights from Perth to Melbourne booked, and accommodation in Melbourne sorted. We put in for the ballot as Eagles members, and missed out. We then both tried on the return ticket resale, and still missed out.
    We're still heading over to Melbourne, but at this stage it looks like we're going to miss out on being at the MCG. However, it occurred to me that there'd probably be quite a few people who bought package tickets a few months ago, hoping their team would get in, and who now might not be so thrilled in a GF between the Eagles (what Victorian wants to barrack for a WA side?) and the Pies (you either love them or hate them...).

So, if anyone falls into this category, or simply can't turn up on the day, or if anyone knows anyone who has a pair of tickets and won't or can't use them, then I'd be incredibly grateful if they could get in touch with me and sell their tickets to my wife and I.

We're really looking forward to the whole experience, but we're quite disappointed in the fact that we don't have tickets to the actual game. Anyone who can help, please.... please..... pleeeeaaaaassssseeeee

2. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

I know of someone, by way of someone else, who has two tickets and was looking for $2000 each, too pricey for me.

3. JPK

Wow, $2000 each is quite a lot.
    Just the tickets right? Not the rest of a package (breakfast, commemorative "stuffs", etc?).
    That was more than I was wanting to pay.

4. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Yeah just the tickets, I don't even know what location they are in the ground.

I reckon you might be able to find some for cheaper, last year a Tigers fan from my work managed to nab one for $800. It's just a matter of finding someone willing to sell them. Which is probably the hard part.

5. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

If you want I can find out their name and you can friend them on facebook to ask questions?

6. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Three posts in a row for Owen! Too late anyway, I went to check the what the persons name was and the post is no longer on facebook, they've been sold. Sorry mate. Good luck on finding some!

7. JPK

Fair enough. Thanks anyway.

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I have a friend selling 3 tickets, just for face value, but theyre not next to each other.

1 standing room $150
    1 category 5 $300
    1 category 4 $340

9. JPK

Any of these still available?

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hey mate, sorry I didn’t get back sooner. I checked with my friend but she’d sold them all :(