'18/19 NBA/NBL fantasy chatter

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Oct 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

FML
    Jarrett Allen with a -58 is a new level of buzzkill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Hulkalicious

Hulkalicious New Member

Anyone else cop a -58 for Jarrett Allen today? I realise he fouled out but this seems ridiculous. Does it get fixed at the end of the day?

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yeah his actual score will be 12 (positive). It will be corrected by the end of the week.

For some reason, when a player gets fouled out, they get attributed multiple DQs when they’re only supposed to get 1.
    In previous seasons it would always be fixed in the same day, but this season they’re leaving it until the final day of the matchup.

I’ve never seen anyone get as many as Jarrett Allen did today though! He’s got 15 DQs! I don’t know why it happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthak

Hey I just checked your team and see that you also had JJ Redick foul out today!
    His score will change from 9 to 29.
    Allen’s will change from -58 to 12.

So you can add 90 points onto your weekly total just from those two DQs

• Like Like x 1
  5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

nice to hear that I still have some hope this week. gonna need every bit of that extra 70 points to get back in the contest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hulkalicious

Hulkalicious New Member

Having my opponent with Vucevic on the bench today is a double bonus! 69 points my blokes don't have to scramble for.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

7. anthak

Happy with my two free agent pickups today scoring 80 fpts between them :)
    Markieff Morris & Eric Gordon

I streamed Eric Gordon in earlier in the season and he scored negatives lol but I’m glad I tried again

• Like Like x 1
  8. stowie

stowie Moderator

Struggled between dropping Kieff and Cedi... Cedi got me again! Someone else please pick him up so I stay away.

• Like Like x 1
  9. anthak

ESPN might’ve started to fix the DQs daily again? I’ve noticed Vonleh fouled out earlier this week and he’s only showing 1 DQ.

McGee fouled out today, so I’ll wait and see when they fix his.

• Like Like x 1
  10. anthak

Yep, McGee is already fixed. Phew... it looks like they’ve semi sorted that issue.
    I still don’t understand why it records multiple DQs in the first place, but at least they’re fixing it same day now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. anthak

I was asked today if I could update my team in the TS NBL fantasy league.
    I'm sorry to have been absent from it.
    I originally set up a "placeholder" team when I first signed up preseason, but then never got a chance to set up my team properly before round 1, so I just left it.

I had Alonso Gee as my captain! lol, I saw him play in person and gee, he looked bad in this league, he couldnt create any plays for himself and looked lost a lot of the time. He got cut from the Bullets, but was still the captain of my fantasy team haha.

Now that everyone has played each other once each, it was pointed out to me that now would be a good time to change it up to make it a bit more of a competitive game against me each week.

I've just traded Gee and Bairstow to Conger and Kay.

12. anthak

@Steve we're all tied up heading into the final day. Good luck mate! Should be a cracker of a day, despite very few of our guys actually playing!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Yep it is going down to the wire.

Looks like it is a blow out in the last qtr of the Knicks/Hornets game which means that Kemba and Batum will be sitting on the pine.

It is now all down to Marvin Williams v Muiday. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel :rolleyes:

14. HEAVER

HEAVER Member

So close!

Anthak had one more move...plus used a move for Zinger to put in IR slot. So could've been a W for Anthak.

• Like Like x 1
  15. anthak

So funny! What a matchup for the ages!

Good win, Steve! Very close game :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Thanks mate, it was a close match throughout. I was a bit worried in the last few minutes as Batum got back on the court. I could see him jacking up some 3's in junk time. :(

17. anthak

I considered using my last acquisition last night. I was looking at Derrick White, who had been drafted by me at the start of the season.

But I decided to wait until closer to lockout to check the late outs etc. I even set my alarm... but then I was busy at the time and couldn’t log on.

Derrick White’s score would’ve been enough for the win, if I had’ve done it last night (I would’ve missed him by waiting anyway cause @stowie picked him up early this morn).

I’m not too fazed. I would’ve been dropping Burks, and I’m happy to give him a bit more burn in my team. We’ll see how the rotations end up after Hood returns and Delly settles back in.

18. HEAVER

HEAVER Member

How are the standings determined if W-L record is the same?

I'm tied with a 6-2 record and sitting 3rd, but have a higher 'Points For' than the team on 2nd. In fact, I have the highest 'Points For' in Premier....

19. anthak

It’s meant to be Total Points For.
    Same as it’s been every other season.
    It’s a setting that can be chosen, so I just checked it and it’s set up correctly.... so I’m not sure why it’s not working out properly.

Hopefully they fix it before finals, but I might be able to manually change it if not

• Like Like x 1
  20. anthak

Oops, I stuffed up!
    I didn’t realise the Nets Hawks game had already started!
    I thought the Cavs 6ers game was the lockout game.

I just dropped VanVleet just prior to the tip of Cavs 6ers so that I could activate Whiteside for today. But now I’m stuck with Van Vleet for today (hopefully he plays, he’s currently ‘doubtful’, but if he does play, will be great with Lowry still out) and stuck with dropping him, which I might not’ve done if thinking long term.

@ddsaints good luck for today! It’s super close between us and is still anyones’ game!