Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Penske file
      Penske file
      Nice spread of Bulldogs.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      Supercoach copy.jpg
      My first effort. The spare cash will go to upgrading the rucks.

Attached Files:

• Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    3. sharkwhisperer
      sharkwhisperer
      DEF: I had Ryan last year. He was great POD but at his current price I'd think he will be only returning there or there about. B Smith , monitor for fitness.
      Mid: I'm thinking Libba is a risk. Gut telling me no. A Miles a lock. Will get games and ball magnet.
      Ruck: work in progress I can see that.
      Fwd: looks good. Think Fogarty is your weak selection here.
      Good first draft. Like most.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      Agree on Libba though reports are he is burning it up at training.
      Will keep an eye on him though.
    5. Len
      Len
      To be honest I think this is littered with traps.
      Backs:
      I can't see Ryan finishing in the top 10 defenders
      Smith is a watch for me at the stage
      Rozee is high priced KPP, he does have dual position but his junior numbers don't make him worth the price ve other rookies for me.
      Scrimshaw obviously a pre-season watch though not on my radar to be honest

Mids:
      Only a Hawks supporter? would pick Worpel at that price, and if you do play him fwd, but not for me
      Libba is a pre-seaon watch also, he could be worth it though so not knocking it
      I'm not sure on Walsh, I've had him but I do think Bailey Smith is better value and likely to score as well, though currently have neither.

Rucks:
      Will leave this as you've stated it's a WIP

Fwds:
      I love Langford as a player, but can't pick him at the price
      I love Toby even more but he is a significant risk/reward pick, I hope he works for you if you stay with him
      Fogarty and Rankine are both nos for me at the price.

Other than those I like your guns and a lot of the rookies, the Shiel pick will possibly be a great POD
      • Like Like x 1
    6. RPritch
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    7. Len
      Len
      Plenty to like about the team.
      Gun backs are the right ones, worry would be that at least 4 of your def rooks are KPP, watch preseason and see if you can swap in some play makers.
      I like the mids, though as suggested above Walsh is a watch only for me right now, the rooks job is to make money and nothing else, the lower they start the more they return for equivalent points at same scores..
      Rucks is a set and forget with Grundy as a perma capt option
      Wingard is a risk up fwd, does he make top ten? within that side though it's an acceptable risk for sure.
      Pretty certain Blakey is a long term gun short term bust.
      Overall very very solid for mine
      • Like Like x 1
    8. RPritch
      RPritch
      Cheers for the feedback Len.
      At the moment I feel as though Collins should be a lock for every team, even though he's close to $190k and is a key def. He's a genuine gun in the air that is locked in to play every game and the ball will be down back all game for the Suns, so hopefully racks up heaps of intercept marks. The other back rookies are like 95% of all rookie selections and are little more than placeholders until we get closer to round 1. Although I have tried to pick players that I think will actually play round 1.
      With Walsh, again he's little more than a placeholder. Firstly I wanted to pick more expensive rookies, rather than random ones who are priced at 120k. This is because it's far easier to upgrade your premiums (or bank cash) when suddenly changing rookies based on round 1 selection than it is to have to upgrade your rookies and then downgrade your premiums because you didn't leave enough spare cash. Secondly I believe he is supposed to be more ready made than most top end draftees are, although I agree with your above statement that Bailey Smith will probably be a better player than Walsh, just uncertain if Dogs pick him round 1 in their potentially stacked midfield (if likes of Libba are ready to go).
      My rucks I'm pretty set on, I like Goldy this season after his strong form late last season and with Preuss moving on from North.
      Wingard is that man in this team where I basically picked the other 29 and then picked him because he's one of the better options with the cash I had left. I like a lot of forwards (and backs) this season, hence why I have Dunks in midfield right now and would not mind picking up any of Menegola, Tim Kelly, Devon Smith etc. to start with. But with Mitchell down Wingard could actually kill it this season for the Hawks because I find it hard to believe anyone else at the club will rise to the occasion. Honestly don't rate Hawthorn's list.
      Blakey unlikely to be there come round 1.
      Happy that you like my squad.
    9. Len
      Len
      Makes sense, I like Collins and Burgess down back from GC, but rookies mostly are as you say place holders until we see them in pre-season :) My comment was more that the ones you have listed are all key guys, hopefully we get some play makers to choose from.
      I'm currently running the Mumford/Westhoff strat for rucks, but that could change very quickly, Mumford and Miles my only MPP atm
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    10. RPritch
      RPritch
      When you say Mumford/Westhoff does that mean you have another ruck like Grundy, then Mummy a R2, a cheap R/F rookie at R3 and Westhoff forward who can swing to cover for when Mummy isn't playing? If so I rate that. The Hoff was in my very first draft of this season at R2 instead of Goldy
    11. Penske file
      Penske file
      I like this team, seems quite well balanced, without final fallout from rookies R1.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Len
      Len
      Yep, Grundy as perma capt, same as yours, then Westhoff in the R2 spot, Mummy in R3 and the Geelong cheapy RF in the fwd bench.
      Only problem is that Mummy is currently sidelined with a "minor" hamstring, monitoring the club for news, he does have an extra 2 weeks to get fit though so not panicking yet :)
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Please make sure that the rules for RMT are followed. If you aren't familiar, they are in the opening post - please take the time to read them.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Tomster
      Tomster
      What do we reckon about Grundy and Gawn? It always seems as though the top rucks drop off the year after a career-best SC year...
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Jason
      Jason
      New ruck rules for 2019 will make it very interesting for SC. I'm expecting Gawn to improve his scoring with the ability to take it cleanly from the ruck without getting pinged for holding the ball.
    16. RPritch
      RPritch
      Rucks are always hard to pick and can be where teams vary quite a lot. On picking either, neither or both of Gawn and Grundy it will mainly depend on if you think there are other good ruck options or not. I think they will both score well and that picking at least one is a good idea because they are both great vc and c options. I can't see many other premiums averaging as much as what they are capable of
    17. Penske file
      Penske file
      To have both would be a luxury, a very expensive one tho, at the moment I'm opting for Grundy/Goldy, may become Gawn/Goldy jury is still out.
    18. James84
      James84
      Gawn should improve, although if they play Preuss as well he will spend some time up forward. Which will be good some weeks and not so good others!
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Naitanui is further away from returning than I thought, will need another R2.