Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      upload_2019-2-11_0-12-58.png
      Rolling dice with both Mills and Williams.
      Zorko may become a D Smith up fwd depending on how many mid and fwd rookies present themselves.
      Just counting down the days til I can lock Gibbons in.
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      Interesting defence line up, and a few POD's midfield. Ross perhaps shouldn't be so overlooked
      as he is a handy player, is Fyfe injured at present , elbow?
    3. RPritch
      RPritch
      Nice team. Certainly a few different players.
      I particularly like the Goldstein, Zorko and Mills picks that you don't see too often. Less certain on being able to justify Yeo and Ross over some of the other mids at their price, but they aren't poor selections and could be good pods.
      Interesting that you have currently forgone both Walsh and Setterfield who are a bit pricier but are in most teams and you'd think would be locked in for 22 games
      • Like Like x 1
    4. RPritch
      RPritch
      Fyfe said he will play AFLX and should then play in at least one of the JLT series games, so he can't be too bad. One to monitor over the rest of pre-season, but I'm not going to be starting him myself. I think the likes of Macrae (more expensive), Cripps, Kelly, Oliver and Neale are no worse SC scorers than Fyfe but are less of an injury/suspension risk
      • Like Like x 1
    5. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah certainly considered Walsh and Setts.
      Walsh will def play games, at least 12 you’d expect. Question is will he make enough coin vs a cheaper rookie? Not convinced.
      Does the inclusion of Gibbons change things? Maybe. Casts some doubt for mine.

Setts is off my list until he proves his fitness and firms for rnd 1.
    6. Penske file
      Penske file
      Is there a group No. available, or any leagues set up ? Just wondering if the site was doing that this season.
    7. IPOD
      IPOD
      59A4C083-B949-4C6F-86E6-DE49CD508997.png T 59A4C083-B949-4C6F-86E6-DE49CD508997.png

Attached Files:

8. Len
      Len
      Group number is at the top of the supercoach discussion thread mate, I think most people are regenerating last years teams, I'm not aware of any new ones being kicked off as yet
    9. Len
      Len
      Mills is a dice roll for sure, if he works out it's a genius backline for mine
      I can't make up my mind on rucks, I've had three different setups, including the one you have
      Nothing much to poke holes in :)
    10. Len
      Len
      Assuming the rookies are place holders
      I can't like a team that has all of:
      Smith (low ceiling)
      Birchall (Still not in training)
      Hanneberry (Not convinced he makes more money than a rookie, or score better)
      Libba (No real negative, he is a preseason watch for me, but he is one of 6 mid pricers)
      Greene (Not yet training, no lock for round 1)
      As well as Miles and Witts
      Just too much risk, one year a team like this may well win, and this could be it, but not a bet I'd make, just take
    11. Penske file
      Penske file
      Thanks, missed it. In.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. RICHARD THOMSONrich0815
      RICHARD THOMSONrich0815
      Green a bit of a risk.

good move if he pays off though
    13. Canny13
      Canny13
      Really like the look of this, probably because it’s quite similar to mine!
      You’ve gone slightly deeper in your backs whereas I’ve opted to use that up forward, however most teams I’ve seen seem to be going light in the backline to save cash and I wonder if there’s something to be had by playing it a bit safer back there.

I would use the left over cash to go Fyfe to Cripps.
      Really like the Yeo and Ross picks (Yeo in particular) but both of them together may be a tad risky. But those two both going to that next step this year could be what it takes to set you well apart and ahead.

I’ve got the same rucks. I’m not sold on Goldy but so far it seems like a solid selection so I’ll stick with it.

Think the tendency to go for the cheaper rookies may hurt when round 1 comes and they’re not all playing. It’s always tempting to save money there now and load up on proven players but it can really shoot your chances dead early if you can’t nail your rookies early.

Best of luck!
    14. stripey
      stripey
      • Like Like x 4
    15. Jason
      Jason
      OK, a month or so on from the previous iteration this is what I've currently got:

Capture.JPG

Think I have too many Melbourne players. Bring on some more JLT scores, and I'll surely make another bunch of changes!
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Jason
      Jason
      If I were going to select a cheap ruck from Brisbane, I'd be taking the "other" Smith - Archie that is.

Len already mentioned some injury issues, but I concur you have selected a number of guys who aren't back currently in full training. Very risky to be selecting so many underdone players.
    17. Jason
      Jason
      I've played around with Mills and Williams. Currently can't convince myself on either. May revert to including one/both though.

After riding the Kelly rollercoaster in 2018, I'm looking at him as an upgrade target rather than a starting MID for 2019. Reckon there is a chance he could be picked up for less than his start price during upgrade season.

In JLT1, Dunkley went back to playing more time as a FWD than as a MID and his scoring plummeted accordingly. Would not recommend for 2019 unless he plays full MID in JLT2. Think Libba being back in the midfield rotation is going to continue to impact Dunkley's scoring.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Nick
      Nick
      Solid team with some definite PODs in there.
      Roberton does have some upside but I'm worried about the Saints this year and their overall scoring potential.
      Brayshaw is a great pick - could be a good alternative to Oliver and won't be tagged.
      Caleb Daniel is one from the clouds? Where do you see the potential for him to increase his scoring power? Especially with Libba back, surely his mid minutes will be heading south, just like Dunkley as mentioned above.

Interesting patterns emerging in teams - most are going 4-1-6 in the midfield, with the mid pricer being Libba or Miles.
      Rucks are a combo of Gawn/Goldy/Grundy.
      Back and forward line seem to be where structures vary the most. Mid priced mayhem seems prevalent in the backs with Witherden, Mills and Williams popular.
      Are there enough forward rookies available to have a 3-0-5 structure? Hard to say yet.
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Daniel is currently playing in defence, not forward or midfield. That was a switch late last year that resulted in a big increase in his SC scoring. It was again on display in JLT1 (unlike Dunkley's role, which in JLT1 had reverted to his early 2018 F/M role). Daniel's starting price is well below his late-2018 average, which is where his value lies.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. IPOD
      IPOD
      I cant take Zorko after what he put me through last year too many sub par scores for 520k (last year closer to 600k)
      • Like Like x 1