2019 ORFFF Pre season auction thread

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by That KI Guy, Jan 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

@YAD69 can you give us an idea of how you are rating the three players up for auction as I assume you rate one ahead of the other for polec and gray with Hurn the lowest rated of the three.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@Len, I was in the minority view that asking for change should be OK but it was determined by the majority at the time that the pick back is altering the item up for auction which isn't allowed.

By the way the ORFFF draft order thread has NIN holding pick 31, with the Avengers holding pick 29 (received in the Acres deal). http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/trade-tracker-current-pick-ownership.89338/

This may not be up to date though.

4. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah sure, Polec just ahead of Gray on age & new club, Hurn still up there as the new kick in rule should benefit him well being that he was second to Lloyd on number of kick ins.

As previously stated I'm in rebuild mode so picks & young mids are what I'm really looking for. These 3 players regardless of age will most probably average the same as last year at least. Which will give a team a whos looking to have a crack at the title a real advantage.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  5. leematty1

Good to know. Let’s see if one last bid will meet reserve.

Boozers offer Banfield and PSD pick 40 for Polec.

6. Len

Odd, I was confident in the picks I held.

If there is a precedent excluding change I withdraw the bid and all interest.

Honestly though, when you go to pay the auctioneer and you only have a 100 dollar bill and the price was 80, you get 20 in change.
    Ludicrously dumb call imo

• Like Like x 2
  7. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

@TheTassieHawk do u recall where or when we made a call on not giving back change in an auction?
    I get that the rules refer to not materially altering items, but I don’t recall the debate to clarify either way. Would have thought if we made a ruling on this then we would have updated the rules to make it clearer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That KI Guy

Yeah I thought 31 was one of my few original picks that I hadn’t traded yet

9. YAD69

In your bid the pick doesn't cut it, sorry hasn't met reserve.
    @leematty1

10. leematty1

Ok I’m out. I’ve tried. At the big bash live Draftstars final tomorrow so fair chance won’t be on before auction close, especially if I win the 50k. Will see who is left after auction and come up with some kind of Titch deal then perhaps.

11. Len

That was almost certainly me cross leagueing :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheTassieHawk

Managed to find it by looking in earlier auction threads from the start of the comp

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2016-post-season-auction-thread.89677/page-2
    (and page 3)

13. TheTassieHawk

14. Len

15. YAD69

16. That KI Guy

Thanks guys.
    Yep appears it wasn't resolved and no poll or broader league opinion sought.

Ok, for this trade/auction period i'm going to allow "change back" auction bids to occur. Ball will be in the auctioneers court wether they choose to accept based on reserve being met and their desire to release "said change" in the transaction.

When we all come back on board around draft time, i'll set up a poll and we can get a vote on this.

@Len up to you if you want to continue bidding (with assets you own :) )

17. TheTassieHawk

In the Robbie Gray auction the 29ers up their bid to Tom Cutler (MID only in 2019) http://tooserious.net/forum/player_career.php?id=2340&pcid=49993&name=Tom Cutler plus 2019 PSD Pick 58 plus 2019 PSD Pick 69 .

@YAD69 I will be heading out from 1130am or so, if at all possible can you please advise fairly soon so that I know where I stand, cheers TTH

18. TheTassieHawk

@That KI Guy
    I am not really sure why the interpretation we have been running with suddenly needs revisiting 2.5 years later ?

There were strong views against at the time so I personally think that we should just run with the status quo while the current auctions are live and then look at changing things in either 24/48 hours or post trade period if the majority now agree with myself and @Len ?

As for Len's earlier bid assuming he had bid #29 rather than #31 the "net points" equivalent is close to either of his 2 picks in the 4th round so a "clean" bid is definitely possible. If a higher pick is needed then a pick swap trade with Len getting a 30s/40s pick in the exchange should be possible to negotiate quickly even though there are possibly a few AWOL coaches around, or he offers #29 without the Virgins giving a pick back.

Cheers TTH

• Like Like x 2
  19. That KI Guy

The crux of the issue for me is that there is no status quo.
    A couple of yrs ago, few coaches discussed and had differing views but no consensus, resolution or ruling resulted. I had a view at the time but I wasn’t Commish then so my voice was just 1/16.

I’ve made a call now to be fair to all, irrespective of their interpretation of the current rule.

We’ll have a vote in a couple of weeks and the rules will be updated to reflect the majority opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  20. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

I think to call it "getting change back" is misrepresenting it.

If someone is auctioning a set of knives you can't bid overs and ask for a set of forks or extra knives to be thrown in too.

Bid with what you have or not at all IMO

• Like Like x 2