Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. IPOD
      IPOD
      Mick im not sure about Westhoff as R2 picking him as a fwd and then a genuine non playing R/Fwd for 102k and use them as a loophole like 75% of people did last year with Olango
      • Like Like x 1
    2. bunza52
      bunza52
      Jase - visually it looks like you have too many dogs and dees in your team. I remember one year I seemed to a bunch of players from 2 teams and there was always someone missing out on selection, or one or 2 did not score well. So these days I try for diversification, but if they are all picked R1, why not select them all. Like you punt on Daniels. Not sure on Gawn yet. Worry what happens if Preuss it a regular. Could be a Stef Martin / Archie Smith, as Martin never seemed to score well when Smith played.
      Mick - like seeing Walsh in the team. Bit more pricey, but would think he will be given ever opportunity to play as many minutes as possible.
    3. bunza52
      bunza52
      Here is my first go. Thinking of going with cheaper backs and hoping that they can hold their price, while a couple of the guns have a bad week of 2 so I can pick them up cheap. I know I will burn thru trades early, but hoping this approach will keep plenty of cash in the bank, so I am able to upgrade earlier than in previous year. Make sense right now....

upload_2019-3-7_17-42-12.png
    4. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      very nice i like it
    5. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      my 1st look at supercoach this year what do you think

Attached Files:

6. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      the back you have put in if they fire you be looking the good all the best
    7. James84
      James84
      Strong side, reckon Daniher may struggle a bit early this season and could free up some cash if there is a rookie named R1? That could free you up to get in Grundy or Danger maybe?
    8. Nick
      Nick
      Decent side Bunza, some definite PODs in there not seen in that many teams, which can be good and bad
      Stewart as your top defender is definitely different - I would think he would be performing some shut down roles this year which would impact his scoring. You've got all the mid price backs other than Mills which is a big risk but if it comes off you'll be laughing.
      Mids are bang on, almost the same as mine. No Walsh though is a gamble - Walsh > LDU for mine.
      Darling is a bold choice, can tear games apart but also go missing. Will be a rollercoaster ride - not for me personally, I prefer the mid types who are more consistent.
      All rookie selections seem to be on point based on current scoring but of course round 1 selections may change that.
    9. Nick
      Nick
      Interesting side, personally way too much risk to have Ben Brown (who hasn't looked in amazing form) and Joe Daniher who is coming back from a huge amount of time out and has looked off the pace so far. $227k is way too much to have on your bench too.
      Beams and Houli are great picks who seem to have flown under the radar.
      You also need to have Danger in your team. I would downgrade Daniher and upgrade Brown.
      Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Nick
      Nick
      My team so far.
      Toying with a few players, like J Kelly v Neale and Menegola v T Kelly
      Tried to keep it GnR as much as possible other than Williams and Libba.
      Wish we had another round of JLT to see some scores!

upload_2019-3-8_14-44-22.png
      Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Len
      Len
      The backline makes or breaks this team, it allows for the spend in the rest of the field, you can probably afford for one of the backs not to fire, but if more than that dissapoint it may bite. It's a bold approach, but I like it, and the rest of the squad looks well selected
    12. Len
      Len
      Solid team, I'm not convinced on Houli or Brown but I am often wrong, be aware that Kelly has an injury cloud hanging over him.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Len
      Len
      Pretty much like every pick, can't fault the squad, have you checked your bye round vulnerability?
    14. dabombers
      dabombers
      First question I ask is can this player improve on what their price is?
      2nd if they are Premo Priced is can they keep it up or are they overpriced and due for a drop?
      3rd and final one is, is the risk worth the reward?... I love this one as who the hell knows!!
    15. dabombers
      dabombers
      Not sure if Sicily, Macrae and Neale all fit these questions and why they aren't in my Team at the moment.
      Though if they punch out a 150 in final JLT games that could all change..
    16. dabombers
      dabombers
      Ok Crew here is my team very close to structure I want.
      9 to 10 out and out premos for positions.
      6-7 mid-priced performers who could be capable of being keepers or stepping stones.
      6 rookies on field. And don't mind spending a slight premium to have a rookie capable of scoring solid 80's rather than ones who kills you with 40's leave the slow burners to bench spots.
      Watchlist is way too long to go through but Ridley from the Mighty Bombers could make his way in if named round one..

too publish.JPG
    17. Owen
      Owen
      Year of the mid pricer hey you think @dabombers? I like how yours is quite different to everyone else's structurally. I'd personally take one mid pricer out of defense and see if you could squeeze an extra premo in the midfield as it looks a bit light on in there. I'm not going to comment on specific players, I like it how you've got some different ones in there.
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Macrae basically got 150 in JLT1 you do realise....
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @Jason
      Maybe the perception is anyone can score 150 in JLT1 but with stronger teams and perhaps more serious approaches being taken in JLT2 than 150s this week are more of an indicator than 150s in JLT1.
    20. dabombers
      dabombers
      Cheers Owen..
      I reckon there are a few mid-pricer's too good to ignore whether injury returns or shocker year last year. eg new team this year.

I have tried to do exactly what you suggested but it is taking too much from structure to get the 4th big Premo in the Mid.
      Have had to downgrade ruck to 500K and a fwd and Def midpricer to Rookie to get in say a Fyfe.
      So there goes the structure I want, which is to run deeper in Def and have quality rookies onfield.
      I want to start the season with a bit of a war chest say 100k to 200k for corrective trades or flyers.

@Jason
      If he backs up again in JLT2 he will be hard to ignore but the "Magic 8 Ball" has said "It is very unlikely" and I'm not going against a novelty toy when it comes to serious decisions like this..
      Brayshaw from the Dee's also pumped out a near 150 in JLT-1 don't see many teams with him???
      • Like Like x 2