Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Jason
      Jason
      He's in my team, was before JLT1 and still in there.
    2. Jason
      Jason
      "anybody can score 150 in JLT1".... now I've heard it all.
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @Jason - poor choice of words but note that I was guessing at perception by others not my own view
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Nick
      Nick
      Thoughts on Rockliff this year?
      Perhaps has taken the midfield spot vacated by Wines. Well known fantasy pig but awkwardly priced...tempting
    5. Penske file
      Penske file
      Roberton suddenly drops into the too hard basket. The rookies are driving me crazy, and blast Dom Sheed also I don't want to be Billingsed again. Can't get rid of that revolving door yet lots of decisions still to make. Selections R1 will answer some, What a lot of tragics we are.!
      • Like Like x 1
    6. headmandude
      headmandude
      Slightly off topic but can anyone point me in the right direction for TS SC leagues?
      I’m sure there has been a blog in past years and not sure if I’ve just missed the boat completely
    7. bunza52
      bunza52
      I am now tossing up Sheed.....not sure if it is fools gold or not. 79 touches in 2 games. Would think that Gaff and Shuey would be tagged before Sheed. Sheed is also going to be 24 this year, so perfect age to break out. At 394K as well, so it is tempting for me...
      However my team is turning into a bit of mid priced madness, cos I am also considering working B Crouch into my mids...:rolleyes:
    8. cjd7769
      cjd7769
    9. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      TAKE 2 WITH IT SAY WHAT YOU LIKE I NEED TO KNOW THX

3VPlp6I.png
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2019
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Agreed, but dropping him changes the structure of my team a fair bit.. . :(
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Structure appears good, pretty close to GunsNRookies with Libba/Roberton as two mid-pricers instead of another premium option.

Roberton's health is a concern (both for SC and for his own sake) and he is too much of a risk after ending up in hospital feeling "wonky" after the recent JLT2 game. Consider upgrading Houli with the $$$ from Roberton and adding another rookie-priced option instead.

Some work is needed on your rookies.

Cavarra and Valente didn't play any of the JLT and as such would have to be long-odds to be included in their respective R1 teams. Ely Smith scored 13SC in JLT1 and didn't feature in JLT2, not looking like he is going to play R1 either.

Wilkie's JLT scoring was awful (two scores under 30) and even if he does play R1 he won't really increase in price with that sort of scoring.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Here's my latest after JLT2:
      Capture.JPG

Have gone cold on Sam Collins at his start price and Roberton with his health worries. Pretty happy with all the MID rookies.

Decent rookies in the forward line are thin on the ground. May need to drop a mid premo and add another fwd premo, depending on how teams drop. Should have enough cash in hand to tinker as required with the rookies as teams are named.

Bye structure is 7-13-10. I am happy with generally having less bye players in R12 than the later rounds, but will have a problem in R13 unless I address my current situation with my early upgrades.
      • Like Like x 3
    13. Owen
      Owen
      @Jason Your structure is very similar to mine, and the midfield is identical except for two players (so yeah, I like it). Surprising that you haven't gone with ZWilliams, but reducing your risk there I suspect. If he's picked by GWS will you pick him? I've gone slightly more risky with ZWilliams, and also Moore up front as you said due to the forward rookies being thin on the ground.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      I'm not inclined to switch to Williams at the moment, think Smith has just as much upside at similar risk and a cheaper starting price.
    15. TheSpaniard
      TheSpaniard
      Jason - I really don't mind your line up.

DEF: Lloyd and Hurn are upgrade targets for me there is some money to be made from mid price DEF this year (ZW, AMc, Rob etc..).

MID: Gibbons / Atkins may not play - Wait for Round 1 announcements (Benefit that Carlton and Geelong play in the first two matches).

FWD: I am concerned about a few things. Jack Darling: POD I understand this but I believe there are better options that will play more HF/Mid at that price point or similar.
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    16. TheSpaniard
      TheSpaniard
      upload_2019-3-12_15-50-45.png

I'm running with a few options at this stage.

Unsure about Z.Clarke after being left out in JLT2. Bewley could also be changed.

A.McGrath is a def POD - I think he will get some more mid time.
      Cousins is a bit of POD for me. I think he has jumped up the pecking order of Hawks mids.

On the watch list: T.Atkins, Gibbons, Cunningham.
    17. Jason
      Jason
      My biggest issue with this structure is your backline. You have picked 5 guys who have never been premium scorers on that line (Smith and Roberton have previously had a best average of 93) obviously hoping that they all break out this year into premium territory and finish in the top half dozen defenders for 2019.

There is a chance that they all maintain mid-price form in 2019 and then you will need a lot of trades to upgrade each of them. Chances are you would run out of trades if you needed to upgrade all of your defenders at some point this year.

If they all come good, you're a top chance to win the whole damn thing though - all power to you if it comes off.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Depends how many trades we will need to get to a fully upgraded team. If the rookies this year all make good coin, those mid-pricer options will pay off. But some years the popular rookies on average just don't make as much money and extra trades are needed to finish upgrading all the onfield positions.

Agreed, that's why I like to keep some cash in hand at this point in case some rookie changes are needed once teams drop.

Devon Smith was in that role until recently, but his SC scoring sucked during JLT and I think the addition of Shiel to the Essendon midfield will impact him negatively this year. None of the other F/Ms like Menegola or Dunkley particularly excite me, because their midfield minutes are highly variable from week to week. They would need to have a predominantly MID role in 2019 (with likely value on their start price) and I just didn't see this enough during JLT.
    19. Nick
      Nick
      I like this team Jason, particularly as it’s extremely similar to mine. Had many of the same thoughts of you post JLT. F3 to me is a nightmare, no one screaming out and no assured midfield time.
      How have you promoted Dalhaus to the top of that list? Surely similar to Menegola and Kelly as in sharing minutes?
      I’m toying with Darling as well but worried about JJK impact when he comes back.
      My structure runs very similar however I have Rocky in mids instead of Dahl in fwds. May have to change if the dearth of solid fwd rookies is realized.
    20. Jason
      Jason
      I watched (on the TV) both JLT games that Dahlhaus played. He didn't go great in the first but in the second, his intensity was much better and he increased his tackle count from 3 to 8. He wasn't getting those sort of tackle numbers in 2018 and there is value on his start price if he can maintain it. I think he will.

Rockliff not a bad option either, but I struggle to find enough FWD rookies that I like the look of this year and need to spend more on that line as a result.