Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      3VPlp6I.png
      ITS ROUND 3 AND DOING MY HEAD IN LOL
      Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Jason
      Jason
      @cjd7769 What you want to do with your attachment after you upload it to your post is click the green button that says "Full Picture", so that we can all see it in the thread. I fixed the last one up for you, but you can edit your latest post if you like.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. HotPiesColdDrinks
      HotPiesColdDrinks
      I love it. Hasn't been good in recent years, but takes me back to years ago when you just picked Cox and Sandilands. I am hoping that both Grundy and Gawn's form continues and they become the walk up starters like Cox and Sandilands used to be.
    4. HotPiesColdDrinks
      HotPiesColdDrinks
      I don't mind your team as it is risky, and risk pays off. But just too many mid pricers for me. Out of curiosity, how much money do you have in the bank?

Defence: Mills, Houli
      Midfield: Cogs, Beams, Brayshaw, Sloane
      Ruck: Nank
      Forward: T. Kelly

Not much wrong with those players listed above, but I would try and upgrade at least a couple of those, especially the midfield. Mills and Houli are D3 and D4, so not so bad.
      Nank as a R2 also not that bad.
      But the midfield is a little bit of a risk with Cogs and Beams as M1 and M2. I think you need something a little safer as your M1 at minimum and maybe M2. Cripps/Oliver/Fyfe/McCrae/Kelly/Martin I think should be in as an M1 and maybe M2.
      Also I think T.Kelly is a little expensive. I am unsure about him in his 2nd season and also being forced to play at Geelong despite wanting to go home back to Perth.
      Perhaps trade Kelly down to Toby Greene and upgrade another play elsewhere.

I actually don't mind your team though. If all stars align you will do really well. I personally just couldn't take as many risks.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. HotPiesColdDrinks
      HotPiesColdDrinks
      Below is my team. At this stage, just a rough pick on the rookies, don't care too much and will wait until R1 teams are announced and will fix up where necessary.
      This has been like by 5th version. An hour ago I had Fyfe instead on Kelly and Zac Williams instead of B. Smith. DeGoey is a wait and see and hopefully fit for Round 1. I really like Toby Greene's price, I have flirted with the idea of downgrading DeGoey to Greene and spend the extra cash else where.
      But this is my team for now.

SC Team01.PNG
    6. Jason
      Jason
      Interesting that you must really rate Crisp, would only be in a very small number of teams at a guess so great POD. I like it.

I get that you haven't settled on your rookies, but your structure has too many in the forward line I think, I'm not expecting very many rookie options on that line to play R1. Your structure has 5 rookies on that line of which Ben Cavarra is definitely not playing round 1 (has a quad injury - 3 weeks away at best). I think you will struggle to find 5 rookies on that line once teams are announced and might want to consider spending some more on your F4 position.

Just trying to forewarn you that you should at least have a backup plan in the event that there aren't enough forward rookies to fill 5 spots.
      • Like Like x 3
    7. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE MATEY ILE GO A MIX IT UP A LITTLE AND HOPEFULLY GET IT RITE CHEERS ONLY HAVE $11,100 LEFT
    8. HotPiesColdDrinks
      HotPiesColdDrinks
      Thanks for the input. Last night I was trying to find a way to bring Toby Greene in as a F4, but struggled. Maybe downgrade Libba into a rookie, turn Kelly my M3 to someone a little cheaper and try and upgrade to Kelly later in the season.

Crisp is my POD, I don't usually take many big risks and while I still don't think he is a big risk, he is still different to a lot of other picks.
    9. anthak
      anthak
      Love it! Maybe your mum or dad could give it a shot. It’d be interesting to see how it goes :)

This is my first time looking at RMT so far this season. Some good discussions being had in here.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. anthak
      anthak
      There’s a new blog post up now
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate, very solid team you’ve got atm I think.
      Maybe a few too many guys in the $300k - $500k range? Pretty much all of them have big questions on them and it’s likely not worth the risk to go with so many.
      How many of your midpricers do you genuinely believe will become worthy keepers?
    12. headmandude
      headmandude
      Appreciated Ant. I thought I had missed the boat(s)
      • Like Like x 1
    13. headmandude
      headmandude
      Agree with the set and forget rucks.
      Not sure about Laird maintaining his value with Smith back. And agree with the Crisp comment above.
      Actually I have question marks on most Collingwood players. I don't think the team they put out this year will be anything like the team they had last year due to the injuries (plus adding Beams). DeGoey does have the chance for some big games due to his like of the goals so a fair punt.
      Mosquito is not in Essendon's best 22 and as fun as he could be, I reckon there are players who will give you better value. Unless you are wanting the regular donut for loophole purposes. I like Gray in the forwardline. Even if he spends more time up there, I think the new rules give him more opportunity for bags.
      The midfield is pretty safe and should give you quality scores from your premos. Personally, I think that there are a number of mids who are underpriced who can put out regular premium value this season. However that's a punt
      • Like Like x 2
    14. headmandude
      headmandude
      SC V1.JPG So here's my team. Redone a million times and will be re done a million times again.
      As you will see it's a risk reward team.
      The forward line for mine is what needs work. I've put Lobb in there for ruck flexibility but is that to the detriment of having Petracca or the like in his place?
      Joey D is a concern but at 200k I think (hope) he outperforms that price.

Anyway, I'll let you guys provide the feedback.

Cheers in advance
    15. Jason
      Jason
      I have no real problems with any of the players you've selected priced over 300k. But there are quite a few issues with some of your choices priced at less than 300k.

I was reading earlier today that Roberton is still no certainty to be fit for R1 due to feeling "wonky" after JLT2. I think you need to change him, as I said earlier.

You will need to find other options for Valente (injured) and Cavarra (injurred).

Smith, Wilkie and Draper scored really poorly in JLT games and don't give confidence about being a cash cow, even if they are named to play in R1. Mosquito, as mentioned by others, doesn't seem to be in the selection frame for R1.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. headmandude
      headmandude
      Strong forwardline - I don't know why but Heeney just doesn't do it for me. I feel like he's peaked.
      Solid back line too - hopefully you only need to upgrade B5/6
      Goldstein is a worry for me. He's on the way down and I think his mobility is decreasing rapidly.
      Midfield is solid with 5 who I agree will give you premium scores.
      I like the mix. Should be decent scores from the beginning
    17. Jason
      Jason
      You win the mid-priced madness award at this stage for the largest number of mid-priced options that I've seen to-date!

You have 11 guys priced between $275k and $420k (i.e. mid-price). If they all improve their average from 2018 and prove to be keepers this year, you surely win the car or whatever the main prize is. But for every mid-pricer who doesn't either just stays the same as their previous average perhaps go backwards a little, you are going to need to spend some of your precious trades. Otherwise, you just won't get to a position of having a fully upgraded team.

Bottom line, I'm not sure you'll have enough trades to upgrade every onfield position with that many starting mid-pricers.

2-3 mid-pricers is manageable, even if they don't become premiums themselves, but 11 is just way too many for my liking.

See also my previous post for why Roberton probably needs to be replaced before R1.
    18. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Anyone got Burgess? Could be a sneaky F/D option one of those lines and handy swap player if you rate Rozee (who may get games but is too expensive for me).
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I’ve currently got Burgess. Dependent on round 1 selection. He scored well in JLT 1. And even though he scored low in JLT 2, I was at the game, and I thought he looked good at times. Hopefully he gets a shot with Gold Coast.
    20. Jason
      Jason
      I had him two weeks ago, but his scoring really sucked in JLT2 even though he spent a large amount of time on the ground. Agree with anthak that he looked good (particularly in JLT1), but I'm not convinced on his scoring potential and will be going with other rookie options if I can.