Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. IPOD
      IPOD
      I see alot of guys with Cavarra and the likes who are no certaintytobe playing round 1.
      Here is my 3rd or 4th draft see how this fairs (gonna do it old scool as not tech savvy enough to get a pic up)
      Backs - Lloyd, B.Smith, Whitfield, Schrimshaw, Duursma, Collins, J Clark .Hore
      Mids - Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Ang Brayshaw, Sheed (is JLT form enough?) Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Gibbons Atkins
      Rucks - Gawn, Stef Martin Schlensog
      Fwds - Danger, Heeney, Hoff, Setterfield, Burgess, Drew, M.Parker, Petruccelle/Balta

with $163k
      Thoughts and feedback appreciated
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      HPCD obviously a fairly standard team with a few PODs

I wasn't sure how much cash you had left over but with Walsh, Collins, Scrimshaw, Settersfield as the only rookies over $140k you may be needing to consider what happens if not enough low priced rookies get named for Round 1 as one more in the Clark/Clarke/Butters price range will chew up roughly $30-$50k.

Smith and Libba as midpricers seems reasonable as both have potential to go large.

Does JDG's lack of a preaseason mean he should be traded in rather than started ? Greene would seem reasonable as a replacement provided you are happy with his preparation and likely durability.

Good luck mate.
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Pretty good team there.

The knock on Stef Martin is that his scoring can be low if he isn't the solo ruck for Brisbane. Unclear whether teams will be more incline to play two rucks under the new rules, but that has to be at least of some concern.
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @HMD - others have commented on the midpriced nature of this team and I could also add that with the injuries these players last year you must be at a huge risk of burning a number of extra trades on injuries this year.

Added to that a 2-5-4 or 3-4-4 midfield depending on where you are Lyons is going to hurt unless midfield rookies are collectively a massive disappointment in 2019, added to that one of Butters/Walsh at M9 seems like a luxury.

Even if you keep midpriced madness I would look to revamp the side a bit to get balance across the lines.
    5. IPOD
      IPOD
      The only plus is with 163k can move on to any ruckman of note although not sure i wanna go with my ruck duo chewing 1.4m of the cap with the gawn grundy combo maybe gawn goldy and would pocket 30k
    6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @IPOD
      Teams will replace Cavarra and others with rookies such as those in your squad.

If you invest your $163k to upgrade Stef Martin how many options do you like and how much cash is left for each ??

Brayshaw/Sheed/Libba has potential and I think 3-3-5 works better than 4-3-4.

Have you considered any midpriced forwards and tried to make the midfield 4-2-5 ?

Hoff is a fave of mine but do you think he will score less this year withoout as much ruck time ?

Good luck mate,
    7. IPOD
      IPOD
      Had a quick play with the mids and fwds and came up with this
      Mids - Macrae Cripps Fyfe Josh Kelly, Libba Butters Walsh Constable B.Scott Gibbons Atkins
      Fwds - Danger Hoff Heeney Greene Setterfeild Drew M.Parker Petruccelle/Bolta
      Rucks went Gawn & Goldy

leaves 144k
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Hey all
      1403.png
      My team structure is intended to be 13-0-17, but subject to change.

Premos were those I selected when SC opened apart from injury replacements. I haven’t yet looked at these players at all since but hopefully can downgrade some if cash is needed, and ideally starting cash will be around $60-$110k.

Rookie wise I have selected the most popular rookies except for Petrucelle with 18% ownership instead of Cavarra (injured), Rozee 21% (salary), Balta 20% (js) and Quaynor 18% (too many def).

I am expecting these to change quite a bit when Round 1 teams are named but with 6 > $140k I hopefully can be flexible as needed.

Clarke to Fort and Petrucelle to Rozee gives me $7,900 left over instead of $48k currently. I could go with a R3 donut if playing R3’s don’t eventuate.

I can’t say that I have looked closely at Midpricers yet but will be reluctant to bring any in unless it is cash or rookie shortage driven.
    9. HotPiesColdDrinks
      HotPiesColdDrinks
      Thanks.

DeGoey has been in my team since the start but since 3 weeks ago whenever it was he rolled his ankle at training he has the one on my watch list. To be honest, it has been a little stubbornness from me, as I wanted to start him the last year as well but wasn't available for obvious reasons.
      I think he will be out of my side come round 1 and may look to bring him in later due to the reasons you mentioned.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate, I love the all-out GnR structure!
      I currently have 2 midpricers in my team, but I just cant justify having any more than that myself, there is too much risk involved. They need to perform too well to be worthwhile. So I think your structure is generally a big tick.

However, in the same light, I'm not sure Walsh & Collins (and to a lesser extent Scrimshaw) are worth their starting prices. It's so much harder for expensive rookies to rise in value compared to the cheaper ones. In saying that, I get where you are coming from, starting with expensive ones now to ensure you have flexibility when round 1 teams are named. A lot will depend on round 1 teams and which rookies get named. Walsh, Collins, Scrimshaw etc are all guys I'll be considering too if there arent any cheaper decent options at the time.

In terms of players, it sounds like you're saying you haven't done much research yet, so I'll let you know some question marks Ive got over some of your players. These are just my views. Looking through some of the comments and teams in here, it seems some of my views might be a little unique, so perhaps take with a grain of salt.
      Laird should be a great selection, but Im just a little worried about if he'll be effected by Brodie Smith's return and whether he's worth the starting price as a result. He could be someone to target as an upgrade when his price drops.
      Josh Kelly didnt play JLT as he is still recovering from surgery and has had an interrupted preseason. Would be a good selection otherwise, but too risky for me.
      I think there are some concerns over Smith's & Dunkley's roles and whether they will get as much midfield time this season. I personally dont trust that they'll match last season's output, but who knows they could end up being excellent selections.

Overall you've got a very solid team. As I said, I love the structure. There arent many teams getting around with 13 premos, so thats a definite plus IMO!
    11. bunza52
      bunza52
      Steer clear of S Martin. He continues to disappoint. He has somehow made his way into my team over the last fews years, and I always tell myself, never again....Love seeing Sheed in there. I happy to get sucked into his pre season form, but im struggling to get him into my team.
    12. bunza52
      bunza52
      Here is my latest. With Preuss doing his groin, think it would be mad not to have Gawn now.
      upload_2019-3-14_22-0-59.png
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Nick
      Nick
      Nice team. Quite similar to mine. Treloar and Crisp will be PODs.
      I’m not sold on Moore yet. Can you free up another $75k and upgrade to Greene? More chance of being a keeper and is dirt cheap.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      I thought Z.Clarke didn't play JLT2 due to an injury. Gotta be iffy to be named R1.
      Don't like the Moore selection at all.
      In general, I think you're missing out on some solid MID rookie options because of your structure which has more keepers on that line. The rookies in DEF and FWD are generally less exciting, this year being no exception.
    15. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Moore's 2016 and 2017 were almost full season 17 and 21 games at 58 and 60 average, played mostly as a forward in a mid table side as a 20/21 year old.

I definitely think he could average 70-80 as a 23yo during 2019 however that may be easier playing in defence, do we know what role he is earmarked for ?

If he averages 80 then using the TSstats calculator after Round 8 he will be at $365k ($126k price rise) and this increases to $383k ($144k price rise) after Round 12 before a Round 13 bye.

If he averages 70 this adjusts to $327k after Round 8 ($88k price rise) and $338k ($99k price rise) after Round 12.

The other thing is injury risk after the numerous injuries from 2018. 6 games @80 before a 3-4 week hammy might be OK but 6 games @70 would be a breakeven at best.

Assuming TSstats is working correctly I think pick him if you reckon he goes at high 70s and are prepared to burn him early if he gets injured or if you reckon he goes at low 70s but have confidence with him playing through the first 10-11 rounds.

In either case it also depends on how many decent forward options present themselves with relation to price, JS and likely scoring.
    16. Nick
      Nick
      Moore doesn't seem like a proven scorer and has the injury risk factor as well. Enough for me to steer clear, however who knows I could be wrong.
      With Daniher's injury, does this bring Zac Clarke as R2 back into the picture? If he's named it could be very interesting to have Clarke at R2 and Hoff at F3/F4....
      However we may have enough coverage with McKernan and how much ruck was Joey going to play anyway....
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Nick
      Nick
      Dylan Roberton out for the season. Taking a break indefinitely. If he's still in anyone's team he shouldn't be.

Saints can't catch a break!
      • Like Like x 3
    18. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Don't wish to pick him either but Martin played 22 games and was third best ruck last year. Not sure how that equals a disappointment.

Z.Clarke is bound to play this year so worth picking anyway, just expensive for a ruck rookie.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. martyg
      martyg
      Sucks so much for him. Does it open the door for someone else now?
    20. martyg
      martyg
      Solid team, not sold on Darling at the moment. Do like the Brayshaw pick, cannot fit him into my team yet though.