Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      yeah kudos to you for sticking fat to GnR.
      can't argue with your line structure, though there is still an element of risk in picking guys that are coming off in interrupted preseason and/or minimal JLT. For this reason I have avoided Fyfe and Kelly, but that's not to say they won't be top 10 mids on avg, just that their aggregate points might be down.
      Other than Danger and Heeney, forward line selections are a headache for most of us.
      Jury still out on Smith and the impact of Shiel and McGarth.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Screenshot (69).png
      Too many versions to count, but this is the one i'm most happy with.
      Aiming for durable and consistent premos plus a couple of mid pricers (cos I just can't resist).
      Depending on mid rookies named, Cousins might become a cheapie and Milera to someone more proven.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      The only thing I would question is such a low cash on hand number, but you have the experience to figure that out on the fly if needed.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. IPOD
      IPOD
      ok have a couple of midfield/fwd options that am gonna throw up here
      Stay with my Gut and go with Angus Brayshaw, Sheed and Libba in the mids with Westhoff and Greene in the fwd line or leave Libba move Brayshaw to Sidebottom and Westhoff to maybe a Devon Smith....?

Thoughts and comments appriciated
    5. IPOD
      IPOD
      You said you want to get sheed in straight swap for Crouch would do it
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      Guess I should clarify. Last year, after Ryder got injuried, i was tossing up between Martin and Grundy, I went with Martin. Was in the same situations in previous years as well. I always choose Martin & however I did not picked, always outsourced Martin, so thats the dissappointment.
    7. bunza52
      bunza52
      Yeah, but I am likely Crouch more than Sheed. So to get Sheed, I think I basically have to downgrade Grundy or Gawn, which I may have to do if I want to strengthen my forward line a bit more.
    8. Sean K
      Sean K
      I think Joey D has done a calf. Could be anything from 3-6 weeks.
    9. Len
      Len
      Exciting player, but not blessed with luck
    10. Sean K
      Sean K
      upload_2019-3-16_11-45-42.png
      Will settle on the rookies once the R1 teams are announced. Will use the remaining cash to change one of the rookies not playing R1 in the Mids to a premium like a Sidebottom or Merrett who look good value. Or, could possibly change one rookie Mid to Brad Crouch and upgrade Lycett to Gawn. Bines is my floating donut for now. If Zac Clarke is named I might throw him in as bench cover and find another floating donut who is DPP.
    11. Sean K
      Sean K
      I like J Cousins, I think I might have to get him in too. Not sure if Hind or Balta will be starters.
    12. Len
      Len
      Libba at M4 is seriously light so I'd be definitely upgrading a rookie on that line.
      I keep switching between Lycett & Greene for Westhoff & Moore.
      Not a lot to dislike with your preempted changes tbh
    13. Sean K
      Sean K
      Yep, definitely need another premium in the Mid. Could even downgrade Lycett to a cheep Ruck and do a double upgrade in the Mids. All pending R1 teams. I'm considering Westhoff as a Fwd and back up Ruck.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Tim Sim
      Tim Sim
      I'm absolutely brand new to SC, so I'm on a steep learning curve. I've been researching the rookies and ended up with a team that shares a few players with you .... which makes me feel like I'm sort of on the right track. Thanks for sharing.
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Len
      Len
      Team 205, biggest issue is the number of Port players and the lack of spare cash, I do have some expensive rookies I can lose if required
      upload_2019-3-17_14-24-24.png
    16. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah hard to judge ur side with that much cash in reserve. I would definitely be using that coin to turn two of those 5 mid pricers into premos. Lycett into Goldy and Libba or mid rookie into whoever floats your boat.
      5 mid pricers is inviting a train wreak especially when 4/5 are mid priced due to injury. Lycett I can’t put faith in as it’s still not clear who will ruck more at Port. Setterfield needs to be in ur fwd line I feel.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Ha, not sure I can give an unbiased view on ur Port players. But I won’t let that stop me. Have considered Hoff but not sold on him matching last years points if he’s not rucking.
      Gray is an upgrade for mine, not cos he’s massively overpriced, just not sure of our mid makeup and rotations. Ebert up fwd, Boak in middle, no Polec, no Wingard, no Wines, 4 rookies. No certainty that anyone will put up similar numbers to last yr.
      I get where ur going with expensive rooks, with JS a real issue, these $240k guys are tempting. Given you are only 4 deep in mids, I’d be wanting another premo in def or fwd to show for it. Hopefully the round 1 rookies present themselves so u can free up some cash.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Len
      Len
      'Hoff is kind of a future plan in the hope that Smith/Clarke/Cheap ruck get a main gig R1, if not I may still keep it for Mumford, but definitely up in the air.
      The port guys are what feel like best chances to manage R13 byes which I am struggling with tbh

Edit: Forgot to add, Fwds are a hot mess this year and the Def is where I see all the value atm
    19. Sean K
      Sean K
      Like all your premiums and rookies. Who is Ballard? Did he score well in the JLT?
    20. Len
      Len
      GOLD COAST SUNS

Results
      Week 1: Defeated Western Bulldogs by five points, 11.11 (77) to 10.12 (72)
      Week 2: Lost to Sydney Swans by 42 points, 11.15 (81) to 19.9 (123)

Standout performer (courtesy of Champion Data) — Charlie Ballard

In just his second season Ballard averaged 16 disposals across half back and led the team for rebound 50s. He took nine intercept marks from his two games.
      https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/362e36a308f847bfb6864f20a0d5d681
      • Like Like x 3