Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Structure looks fine Sean. No major issues that I can see in this lineup.
      I think you're paying too much for Ridley, just my 2 cents.

You have most of the most popular selections in your lineup. Just worth considering if you are happy with the level of uniqueness in your team, or whether you want to look at a few more "point of difference" options perhaps.

The only players from the top 30 most popular selections that you are missing are:

Gibbons (9)
      Laird (13)
      Collins (20)
      Scrimshaw (21)
      Whitfield (23)
      Moore (26)
      Oliver (27)
    2. Sean K
      Sean K
      Thanks Jason. Ridley's a risk. Might not even get a game. His b/e is about 40 so if he gets a game and continues JLT form he should make some coin. There's other true rookies on the watch list to swap in which could free up money for an upgrade somewhere else on the field.
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Also see ninja edit above :)
    4. Sean K
      Sean K
      Yeah, and I've got all those players on my watch list to potentially bring in too. LOL. I should rename my team - Top 30.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Ridley has been priced at around an average of 47. If he plays, he should have no trouble improving on that but the question is by how much will he improve and how much money will he make you?

If he averages 60, he'll only make you about $60k by his round 12 bye.
      If he average 80, he'll make you about $150k by round 12.

Compare that to a $123k rookie option like Burgess, who with an average of 60, will make you $150k by round 12.

What is more likely, that Ridley will average 80 or that a random $123k rookie will average 60?
      • Like Like x 2
    6. headmandude
      headmandude
      Anyone got any thoughts on Pearce Hanley's prospects this season? I keep toying with adding him in. It's a bit of a punt I know. I haven't watched any of his preseason games. Anyone get a look at him?
    7. Jason
      Jason
      He didn't play JLT1 and played just over half of JLT2 and scored 76 with limited TOG.
    8. Ash.g
      Ash.g
      I think you have too many mid pricers personally, just seems like too much risk. Libba and williams being the safest options. out of them all. Personally i'm not a fan of the witherden pick either i cant see him being top 8 defenders and he might make you a little bit of money but i think you could swap out one of the more risky mid pricers such as smith/crouch/greene for a rookie and upgrade witherden to a proven premium such as laird.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Ash.g
      Ash.g
      Here's my team, rookies are probably only thing to change based on R1 availability. happy with all my premiums, would like to fit libba in somehow though i decided to go Green in the forward line purely due to the lack of forward rookie options this year.
      upload_2019-3-18_13-47-17.png
    10. Jason
      Jason
      I'm really warming to the idea of starting Valente on the MID bench.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Jason
      Jason
      What is your strategy with the two floating :donut:s at $102k? Can you elaborate perhaps?

You are flying pretty close to the wind with only $5k in hand. What if Gibbons isn't named for instance, do you have a 'plan B'?
    12. stripey
      stripey
      @Ash.g an interesting selection in Riewoldt coming off his highest scoring season

Also I personally am avoiding Burgess as he looks like being a slow burn, as such skipping on the DPP between def and fwd
    13. Ash.g
      Ash.g
      The two floating $102k's i was hoping to use for loophole options, but they were more just to make extra cash. Also with Okunbor's DPP i can swap with burgess if need be.
      My plan B was to downgrade Treloar to Libba and then Riewolt to Mundy (only cost 20k) that way i still have mundy as my POD choice. extra cash would be used to swap rookies around so that as many are playing as possible.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Ash.g
      Ash.g
      Yeah Burgess is probably going to be my 1st rookie i want to look to get rid should a better option come available. Mainly depends on who gets named round 1
    15. Nick
      Nick
      Any interest in Boak this season?
      Toying with him as F3 as an alternative to Darling.
      Age not on his side but should get a bit of midfield times with Wines out?
    16. Sean K
      Sean K
      I agree on the mid pricers but four of them are mid for a reason due to injuries. But, I suppose that's their problem - injury prone. I think I'll create some salary room to upgrade Smith to Laird.
    17. Sean K
      Sean K
      Great team. The risk with the Grundy/Gawn combo is that they're pretty fully priced with b/e high 120s. An injury or poor game and their prices will come down considerably. Like with Danger last year. I suppose if they're a set and forget and you don't need to trade them at all then in the long run it's the perfect ruck combo that you want at the end of the year.
    18. stripey
      stripey
      I did a quick analysis just now on the rucks and if set and forget really works.... last year we were blessed by 8 rucks who played 22 games which made it possible... prior years are as follows:

2018: 8 played 22
      2017: 3 played 22
      2016: 3 played 22
      2015: 0 played 22

What are peoples plans if an R1/R2 player misses a couple of games and R3 is a donut... I'm personally going to put Hoff in the FWD line in the knowledge he should be top 10 FWD plus can fill avoid in the Ruck if required using the DPP of Bines.. the other benefit of Bines is his late games in the first half of the season..
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Sean K
      Sean K
      I had Hoff in Fwd line last year and it worked really well. But that was when he did a lot of rucking. With Lycett in, is there a question of his scoring if he's not running in the ruck?
      • Like Like x 2
    20. stripey
      stripey
      Thats true, he probably won't do a lot of ruck this season but I do see him as pretty safe, perhaps not guaranteed to repeat last years scoring but the insurance for the rucks is worth it if it ultimately avoids a couple of donuts... with no ruck rookies with decent JS I really feel it has to be done, either with Hoff or with Lycett himself!