Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      Thanks Jason will go have a look at that you think McGrath & Houli is ok to have both in back thx again
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Those two are a bit risky and I haven't gone for them, but some of my own selections are probably just as risky. If you like them more than the other options at a similar price, back yourself in.

Houli has scored well in the past, but it has been a while since he was at the top of the list of SC defenders. McGrath has tantalised as maybe breaking out of the back pocket into more midfield time for a while now but hasn't ever smashed out consistently large scores. Surely he has to do so one of these years, right?
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Question for the thumbs, if you would be so kind please folks...

Who should I choose at F4?

Thumbs up: Lycett
      Thumbs down: Dahlhaus
      • Dislike Dislike x 7
      • Like Like x 4
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    4. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      Your write about McGrath im a mad bomber has to be this year hopefully and one more thing am i counting player on field and not counting the rookies on the bench either yeah because at moment i have R12#17 R13#12 R14#15 on the field i see what you mean forgot to check ile give ya a share of the prize money when i collect it mate cheers lol
    5. pc1995
      pc1995
      Got enough money for Boak? Think he's in for a potential 95+ avg season back in the midfield. Average 88 in a high half forward role last season. As for those two, I think Dahlhaus is probably just better. Lycett has seen opportunities at West Coast and as only pumped out seasons averaging 80 odd.
    6. pc1995
      pc1995
      Here's my team for the new season, had my best ever season last year finishing top 2k so I'll probably be absolutely trash now.

DEF: Whitfield, Hurn, B.Smith, Collins, Clark. Hore (Duursma, Burgess)
      MID: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, M.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Scott (Constable, Atkins, Gibbons)
      RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (Sweet)
      FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Dunkley, Moore, Setterfield, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

16.7K left over.
      Cogs vs Neale is my main question mark here. Brayshaw tempts me too, but Oliver is such a jet.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Nick
      Nick
      A difficult thumbs.
      For me Lycett has too many ??? around how he plays ruck with Hoff and Paddy in the team. Paddy is injured yes but I think he is back soon? Again enough ??? for me to steer clear.
      Similar ??? around Dahlhaus, just given the split midfield time between him, TKelly and Menegola. I'm going to target whoever is scoring the most out of those 3 during the first upgrade period.

There were slightly less ? around Dahl than Lycett so I voted Dahl.

Darling and Boak have been in and out of my team non stop and I really like the look of Boak, especially if he gets more mid time

Any Port people who can shed some light?
      Main reason that Darling is winning out is due to having too many port players in my team!
      AFL.com.au just confirmed Drew, Duursma, Butters and Rozee all confirmed starters for round 1.
      • Like Like x 3
    8. benny01
      benny01
      I have voted for Dahlhaus but with both Dangerfield and Heeney in my side I have not looked at him and the other decent f/m cats due to the bye rounds.

I feel like a lot of people will be running both Danger and Heeney and they need to look away from Dahlhaus/Menegola etc.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Yup, exactly. Lycett would give me a much better bye structure.
    10. stripey
      stripey
      You don’t like the Hoff?
      upload_2019-3-19_18-23-40.jpeg
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Jason
      Jason
      You could almost enter the trading games comp with this lineup. Very similar teams.

That means you have almost all of the most popular selections going into this year. That also means you don't really have too many unique players.
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Not unless he gets to play in the ruck. :)
    13. benny01
      benny01
      You can't find some more cash to upgrade further than Lycett? I'm really unsure how he will go at Port. He might start well but Ryder won't be too far away and I can see him struggling with both Ryder and Hoff in there.
      I currently have Danger, Heeney, Gray, Dunkley, Setterfield & Drew as starting fwds because I don't rate the rookies in that line.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Yes I have a bit more cash, $487,700 is currently available for F4.

If I drop Scrimshaw for Burgess, I even afford an F4 with a price tag of up to $513,600. Still couldn't quite afford Gray or Dunkley though.
    15. Jason
      Jason
      It really is hard to find decent keepers for this year that have a Round 12 bye.
      • Like Like x 3
    16. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Have you thought of Lobb instead of Lycett
      • Like Like x 1
    17. benny01
      benny01
      Yeah don't drop Scrimshaw. I was half looking at Wingard but he's not quite ready so I decided to hurt my backline to upgrade my fwds. I'm not regretting it but it will make or break my season.
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Yes indeed. Lobb was not too shabby during JLT but not spectacular either. In the mix for my F4 position still.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Len
      Len
      After 206 hair brained perfect versions, this is pretty much how I intend to roll, subject to rookies.
      It's not as GnR as I normally strive for but it's a team I can be excited about managing.
      upload_2019-3-19_19-21-15.png
    20. JC
      JC
      Yeah, it's killing me with bye structure. I'm wondering what the minimum amount of R12 bye players would be to start with without getting smacked too hard in the bye rounds. I think I've only got 6 maybe 7 atm.