Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. benny01
      benny01
      Yeah but there's also some worthy options.

B: Sicily, Suckling, Hurley, Ryan, Savage
      C: Macrae, Fyfe, Bontempelli, Heppell
      R: McEvoy
      F: Westhoff, Smith, Gray, Gunston, Dunkley

So the backline isn't great but there's probably 1 there to choose.
      There's a lot of potential fwds. I could have named many more.
      The first 2 mids are potential top 5 overall for the year.
      Rucks are weak Ryder would help but I can't go past Grundy/Gawn myself.
    2. benny01
      benny01
      I do like your side Len but I feel it's going to be a big task to get that up and running to a premium side come the end of the year.
      Can you potentially run a second safer team in a wife/dogs name?
      • Like Like x 2
    3. DCam
      DCam
      Like the look of the defence and the choice of mid-pricers in the FWD line look like real value.

The MIDs and choice of avoiding Dangerfield is an interesting one, but those players are capable of scoring on their day, so hopefully they get into it in the early rounds and get some more $$$ to their names.
    4. Len
      Len
      That's what TG is for, this is balls to the wall thriller :)
      • Like Like x 2
    5. DCam
      DCam
      Coniglio, hands down.
      With the heads out of GWS this year, he will likely get more involved in the MID - no disrespect to Neale, but the value for money is edging it for me.
    6. DCam
      DCam
      Keen for feedback... I’m feeling a top 5k year is in store :)

4260295C-14F7-441E-96BC-7D0294C4EE91.jpeg
    7. DCam
      DCam
    8. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      If Archie Smith is named as starting ruck I'm almost tempted to put him R2 with Mumford on the bench for 2 games. Ruck madness but I can't get over justifying paying so much for the top two rucks whilst also having the top forward and at minimum 13 premiums.

No throwing rocks in glass houses here because I'm struggling too, but geez that's a gross choice if it all comes down to those two. No idea how Lycett fits in with Ryder and Westhoff and Dahlhaus didn't just have a smaller role last season, he played worse so no idea how he will go on a new team with a stacked midfield again meaning he's just going to play forward.

I hate forward choices this year. May just do 3-0-5 if there's available rookies.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      You've effectively got a 2-1-5 structure in your back line which may be a bit light but all the rookies seem to be from there. Stef Martin may not have the best of job security now if the reports that he and Smith are fighting it out for Lions' ruck so you may have to reconsider there. Otherwise no real bad picks I can see.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. DCam
      DCam
      Spot on with the 5 rookies in the DEF.
      Plan is to go heavy in the MID as the points come from there. The coin in the bank + downgrading should mean a decent mid pricer can come in by rd5.

There are only really two ruck options if we are completely honest. Especially with the competition, hence where Westhoff can swing into that Ruck role if needed - you are right though, that doesn’t work if his TOG is limited.
    11. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Thumb action.

TU - Cousins & Petruccelle
      TD - Moore & Hately
      • Like Like x 5
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
    12. pc1995
      pc1995
      It is one of my more vanilla efforts, but making minimal corrective trades early is the main goal. Have been burnt in previous years going too unique heavy.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Nick
      Nick
      Some thumb help needed:

TU: Cousins and Darling
      Or
      TD: Constable and Dunkley
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Upshot is, I think I need Macrae for better bye balance across my keepers. He's just so darned expensive...
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Jason
      Jason
      Pretty good lineup.
      I'm not convinced on Simpson at age 34. But he has been good for so long now and may just keep it going for another year.
      Westhoff has too many question marks over whether they will play as much ruck time this year for my liking, especially with both Lycett and Ryder in the mix.
    16. walesy
      walesy
      Ok peeperjeepers. Hit me with it.

upload_2019-3-19_22-56-59.png
    17. anthak
      anthak
      Wow, lots of midpricers!
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Not sure what all those players priced over $500k are doing in your team chief, surely there were more mid-pricers that you wanted to fit into this lineup? :p Is this where I ask you whether this is your real team or not? :D

I'm going cold on B.Smith but warming to Ridley (who has a better bye). Think you are missing out on easy money from Hore at D8, who should play often with Lever out for the long term.

Can't look seriously at Rockliff based on such a poor showing last year. Happy to be wrong but not prepared to go there in my SC team.

Not convinced on Worpel, hasn't done much to write home about yet, but F4 is the hardest spot to choose this year I reckon.

Darcy Moore couldn't string more than two consecutive games together last year, his durability is too big of a concern to get a look in my team.
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Here's where I'm at after tonight's changes.

RMT.JPG

OUT: B.Smith
      IN: Ridley

Generates some cash, has a better bye. Having both Laird and B.Smith from the outset was troubling me.

OUT: Neale
      IN: Macrae

Has a better round for his bye.

OUT: Dahlhaus
      IN: Lobb

F4 is my least confident position choice, but this choice gives a backup plan for ruck cover and gives me a better bye structure.

OUT: Sweet
      IN: Bines

To open up a DPP link.

OUT: Gibbons
      IN: Valente

Gibbons sucked at SC scoring during JLT. He may not fare any better in the real stuff either if he wastes away in a foward pocket. I really rate Valente for SC. May be ready for R2, worst case R3. He has been back in full training for a bit now and I don't think he will be brought back from injury layoff through the WAFL.
      • Like Like x 2
    20. walesy
      walesy
      hahaha, yeah, going more mid priced this year. GnR have been cooked for me recently :D

Good call on Hore. Might take Constable out to bring him in. Don't trust that guy.