Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Constable attended more centre bounces than every other Geelong player than Dangerfield and Kelly over the JLT. He'll tackle his way to at least 60 points a game and with S.Selwood out for a while he's gonna be their inside mid for at least long enough to make some decent money.
    2. walesy
      walesy
      maybe maybe, just feels like a pre-season special to me though. Given more of a run that won't extend to the season proper, and wind up averaging 60 until you make the call to trade them out for pittance.

More than happy to bring him back in though if he goes bang in the season proper.
    3. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I think Collins is too expensive so Ridley I see as a problem, he's just not going to generate the cash. I still remember wasting a trade getting Bonner in last year as a correction trade. There's gotta be a better option by turning him into a true rookie and improving another line.

Why so high on Lobb? Fremantle have the midas touch with all their trade propsects. I'd rather pick someone who's playing R1 than Valente if he's going to be out for at least two weeks. If he is straight into the team, then he's the possibility of an early cash cow and waiting out at least means you get to see what he does whereas holding him means you will give up one early correction trade to move him on for the rookie must have you missed.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Best of a bad lot. As I said, my least confident selection. But really improves my bye position and gives ruck loophole cover. Furthermore, it really helps me against those who have both Grundy and Gawn who look to be in real trouble when both have a bye at the same time in round 13.

Fremantle play the last match of both R1 and R2 so I get maximum loophole options and don't need to waste a trade on a guy that I want in my team eventually anyway. This way I save a sideways trade at the slight cost of a bit of tempo in terms of cash generation. I think I will have more than enough cash generation from my other rookies not to even worry about this.
    5. Len
      Len
      Personally I’d typically trust a Constable over a hore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 3
    6. JC
      JC
      I'm sure Tracey will be glad to hear that. :)
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Nick
      Nick
      Solid.
      As mentioned Scrimshaw may not play but with your remaining cash I'm sure you have a plan B.
      I also am not a fan of picking a non R1 playing rookie, I'd rather wait until Valente is on the bubble in round 5 or 6 and nab him then after seeing how he goes.
      I think Macrae is a good move, I've got him as well and doesn't seem to be heading backwards this year. Also good to have another captain choice each week and suits my bye structure as well.
      I find Ridley too awkward at his price (a bit like Moore) for scoring potential, but should definitely get some games.
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Nick
      Nick
      Love the mid priced madness here. Rocky has been in and out of my team, don't have the stones to go him over Libba but if he continues on JLT he could explode. Hard to have more than one of Libba, Sheed and Rocky in the mids.
      Worpel a real POD but have heard big wraps of him picking up Titch's midfield minutes - could be an astute pick.
      I've also kept Cousins in the same hope regarding Titch's minutes.
      Personally I think you're one premium midfield short, could you potentially move a midpricer to a rookie to get that in? Otherwise you may fall behind the pack early?
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Nick
      Nick
      Here's my latest release, after so much tweaking.
      Have managed to only have 6 rookies playing on the field (not counting Cousins as a rookie), which I'm happy about, however it comes at the cost of some mid priced risk in Williams, Smith, Libba, and Greene. Risk v Reward in my mind for all of those.
      Still toying with Cousins > Constable, Darling > Dunkley and Neale > Fyfe. Not sure how I'm going to make the decision one way or the other
      Have a bit of cash for corrective rookie trades (if Gibbons doesn't play he will become Constable)
      Bye round split looks manageable. upload_2019-3-20_9-36-25.png
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Ash.g
      Ash.g
      thoughts on Kade Simpson and nic newman guys? I feel like simo till has the high scoring potential and will still average around 90-100 however I feel nic might steal most of his scoring. could nic play dochertys role and average 90-100? what does everyone think?
    11. Ash.g
      Ash.g
      what's your theory behind the darling pick? I personally cant see him being a top 6 forward but he could be a strong POD pick.
      I think neale could be a safer starting option than fyfe just because of his elbow issues. should fyfes elbow issues hold up he will go big tho i imagine. look to upgrade to fyfe potentially?
    12. Jason
      Jason
      I also have Darling. He started 2018 on fire but then copped some injuries in the 2nd half of the season and his overall average was reduced by a couple of injury-affected low scores. Should be value on his start price.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Nick
      Nick
      I read somewhere a stat that if you take out the injury affected scores of last year Darling would've been a top 6 forward. At $471k, and the frustration with trying to pick F3 and F4 this year, he has edged in front of the pack, but not by much.
      I normally avoid KPPs like the plague in SC, however he can really go big and roams up the ground a bit.
      Am toying with Dunkley too, however him sharing midfield time with all the Dog's midfielders, half forwards and half backs who run through the mids (same with Geelong and TKelly and Menegola) has me concerned.
    14. Nick
      Nick
      The age factor has turned me off Simmo this year.
      Surely he has to drop off one year! I'm picking it may be this year (but could definitely be wrong)
    15. stripey
      stripey
      @Jason how do you think Lobb's scoring will go when Mummy gets in the side?
    16. stripey
      stripey
      upload_2019-3-20_13-56-15.png

ok I finally flinched and got rid of Rocky, Hanley & the Hoff which certainly makes the team more visually appealing... have $240k in the bank but not real sure where to put it... Libba or Brouch I guess.
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Mumford plays for GWS, Lobb for Fremantle?
      • Like Like x 2
    18. stripey
      stripey
      Shut the front gate!!!

yep my bad... i'm gonna follow your lead anyway... should at least hold his average whereas Hoff and Lycett no guarantees...
      • Like Like x 1
    19. crawf68
      crawf68
      Fair bit of money left..not tempted the Gawn/Grundy combo??
    20. stripey
      stripey
      nah Macrae is my top dollar spend, I'll try to get Grundy cheaper later (perhaps in the R14 bye..)