Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Been following Freo discussions about him at training, and do currently have that confidence.
    2. benny01
      benny01
      I think you've got too many rookies in your fwd line. Balta may play early but I can't see him holding his spot in the side despite his talent. I'm not sure Blakey gets a game early on in the season.
      I'd be moving Drew in from mid for one of those and upgrading the other probably via downgrading 1 of your defenders.
    3. benny01
      benny01
      TS RMT Upload 2019.png

Here's my team for now, there's a couple of players I'm unsure about so I may move them before tomorrow.
      I see that my backline is risky but I'm happy to take the risk on Williams becoming a top 10 defender. Williams and Smith are the reason I was happy to move on from Laird and Whitfield.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Another poll if you would please folks:

Which two $123k rookies at F7 and F8?

Option 1: Balta and Parker
      Option 2: Petrucelle and Parker
      Option 3: Balta and Petrucelle
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 7
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 4
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Good team. No major issues.

Make sure you have a backup plan in mind, just in case one of your <$200k defenders doesn't get named for R1 and you need to find a replacement.
    6. Len
      Len
      I agree, I have the same mail, same confidence and he hasn't left my bench since SC opened, the saved trade is of benefit to a tradeaholic like me more than most I guess
      • Like Like x 1
    7. benny01
      benny01
      I was leaning away from Petrucelle and Balta but now I'm leaning towards both of them. Balta has been named alongside Lynch and Riewoldt. Maybe he stays in the side while Caddy is out?
      Petrucelle has got the best scoring potential of those 3 imo but I'm unsure if he's in the Eagles best side.
      I think that Parker has the highest JS out of the 3 but watch him get dropped round 3 now that I've mentioned it.
    8. dabombers
      dabombers
      Fully understand the 4 Premo forwards as I have tried and tried again to get such a team especially with Gawndy as the target ruck situation but for myself I cant ignore the lack of Cash Gen from some of the Rooks.
      I would love to be proved wrong and be able to downgrade some of my rook selections to Burgess, Parker and Atkins but I have gone on higher players for now with less risk and higher JLT scores.
      Love the Big 4 Mids but is it at a cost of a weaker backline and why???
    9. benny01
      benny01
      I rate the backline rookies higher than the forward rookies which is why it's a bit like that.
      I have changed my side to upgrade the backline a little bit as I was a little uneasy about it. Brodie Smith is now Laird.
      I haven't finalised anything yet so I could end up with a more common side tomorrow night once the teams drop.
    10. dabombers
      dabombers
      On the Back of the criticism Benny it is only fair that I post my team, or should I call them Teams, as I have contingency plans based on named player's and my criticism should be taken with a massive grain of salt as I am no supercoach champion or expert like some of the Guns around here, I am just a plugger who loves footy...….
      "In summing up, it’s the constitution, it’s Mabo, it’s justice, it’s law, it’s the vibe and aah no that’s it, it’s the vibe. I rest my case."
      Stats yeah nah that does nothing for me, either your a good footy player or you aren't...!!!!!
      Do you want the ball?? If so show me what you can do? Have you improved on last year?
      Do you have any skills??

So 2019 is causing me some issues as there is going to have to be a line that is going to have to be sacrificed at the expense of securing up other lines.. For me this year it is going to be defence as I'm sure it will be with most teams.. So no risks there as long as everyone is doing it.....
      Mids...… I have had over 30 combinations of mids based on last years stats, their last 10 games of 2019, their previous years, their JLT form and in the end I have just tried to pick the best combo of the best footy players I can. I have had 1 to 2 Uber Premo's : 1 to 2 Up and coming Ball Getters', and 2 to even 3 returners, whether from injury or just had absolute shockers last year.... Hint I have gone for something different to this!!!
      Rucks... Set and forget and deal with the rest..... If I need to change it will be the line I can change easiest. Also create the best captain loophole.. But we all know that....
      Fwds…… WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE!!!!!!
      We get teased with the blessing of having Danger, Heeney and Grey and a few other MID'S Come FWD's here as well as a couple FWD/RUCKS yet as we have spent our salary cap setting up our team on all other lines and trying to get in rookies who will play hopefully more than just the first game of the season... we end up with 2 to 3 Maybe premo's and then validate the rest of our selections...
      PS. I would love to be able to pick a mid priced line here at the expense of Danger but the trades and numbers don't add up!!!
      Team 1...
      Last post snap for review.JPG
      Team 2
      Post team 2.JPG
      I really like De Goey as a player but is Champion data going to give him the same love.. A modern Prototype Game Changer like Fyfe, Cripps... Though will that only get an 80 AVG
      Rockliff is the only mid risk I want to take other than rookies based on previous ball consumption and current form.
      Over Sheed, Libba and a few others who I have messed around with.
      Ballard Who???
      I also messed around with some guy named Rowan Marshall in the FWD line to increase the risk factor...
      yet I have tried to take a couple of deep breaths, realise that trades are limited, that this just a bit of fun that makes watching other footy games like GC or the Saints interesting.
      So with my hat in the ring and my long diatribe over i'm calling it a day....
      Good Luck to All....
      • Like Like x 2
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      There are no absolutes in SC, everything is unpredictable. If Walsh had the pre-season he had but was only for one game with a minor niggle, yeah, you'd consider him. Valente could be a SC must have looking back by the end of the season, we don't know.

With Valente we don't have anything except his junior career to go on, I can't even find any article on him, just hype from fans this week because of lack of options. He's had no JLT matches, an interrupted pre-season from the start, is likely two weeks away minimum and no idea if Freo are going to rush him back or play him in the WAFL.

So I wouldn't make the call or say its a good strategy myself because there are too many unknowns. Last season it was right to hold off on Higgins, and players who are in/out/injured like Liam Ryan there's no way to predict what will happen anyway.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Don't like JDG's injury risk, think he's the forward version of Rocky, will score big then be out for long peroids. Not high on Moore myself but if you're picking him, find room for Burgess too, going to play some games whilst Thompson is out and regardless of scoring opens up DPP.

Sheed v Rocky is an interesting dilemma I'm not really sure on. I've been trying to get Libba out of my team though and struggling for cash to upgrade him to a full premium.

Also stuck figuring out what to do with F4. Stuck on having 5 rookies in fwd line and only option presenting itself is taking Greene which is something I backflipped on a week ago.
    13. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      its doing my head in time getting close another change duffy.jpg
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Structure looks good. Jacobs will be a point-of-difference for you, not many have chosen him for sure. If you like the look of him, back yourself in.

Rookies look good, no major issues that I can see. Obviously we need teams to drop tonight to be sure though.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Jason
      Jason
      How many of your starting lineup(s) have a bye during each of the bye rounds?
      If you have more than 12 on any single round, it will be quite difficult to field 18 starters that week even allowing for some trades and upgrades/downgrades along the way.
      I recommend that everybody should at least be checking on this.
      There is a button just above your team graphic that lets you check players with byes within the SC website.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Nick
      Nick
      According to Sam McClure, St.Kilda will have four debutants this week.

Hind, Parker, Wilkie and Kent.

Apparently Bewley in the selection frame too for Freo

We may have more choices that we thought with rookies
      Lots of ? Around their JS though...
      • Like Like x 1
    17. stripey
      stripey
      Is Balta the 2019 version of Jarrod Garlett - can i get an idea of who is picking him?

TU: Balta is a no brainer
      TD: Balta is too risky

I'm in the 'leave him out' camp at this stage
      • Like Like x 7
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    18. Len
      Len
      Not sure about no brainer but in my squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 2
    19. JC
      JC
      I'm not sure if I'll include him or not. It'll depend on who's named tonight. But I always allow for a couple of rookie correction trades so, if you're pretty solid on the rest of your rookies, you could always wait and have a look at him for a couple of weeks and see if he looks the goods?
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Nick
      Nick
      Could Balta be the new Relton Roberts???

In for one game and then gawn. Surely not but gee that would be humorous

With more of these bargain rookies being named as we approach team selection, one starts to question paying top dollar for some of the others....