Trading Games 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

By Jason on Mar 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2019 Trading Games league!

What's it all about? Basically every year the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. We usually go with a "cookie cutter" team with the most popular selections on every line, as far as practicable. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:

1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather, etc. to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=177853

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! The correct team is shown here just below.
    TG1.JPG

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can rearrange the 30 players to have different players onfield and on the bench before the start of R1. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Step 5: If you wish, you can join the Trading Games League. We will set up multiple leagues as required.
    TS Trading Games 1: 945889

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

• Tags:
    1. Jason
      Jason
      Question for the thumbs:

Thumbs up: Reset the team based on updated popular players on Sunday night.
      Thumbs down: Stick with the team in the OP.
      • Like Like x 5
    2. Jason
      Jason
      OK, the thumbs have it.

Updated team looks like this:

TG1.JPG

This has 29 of the 30 currently most popular players. We miss Scrimshaw (21st) and take Scott (31st) so that we can fill all of the lines and spend most of the salary cap.

Will update the OP also.
      • Like Like x 3
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Not planning on any further changes. Lock it in Eddie.
      • Like Like x 4
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Looks good. I feel much more comfortable with this than my own team!
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Len
      Len
      Done, confirmed 98200 cash a worry that everyone has a team listed already so hope they update to the new one.
    6. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Matt’s Marvels are in.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Owen
      Owen
      The Nancies are in.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Len
      Len
      If I recall correctly, as long as the squad is the same we can move players about the field as desired?
    9. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yup, in the OP
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Schneaky Mussi are back again for this in 2019.

Please note the team change from Sunday and ensure that you have the correct starting 30. I will go through the entrants in the Trading Games group after R1 and remove any teams with an incorrect lineup.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. stripey
      stripey
      wow I didnt realise my 7 yo daughter would be so keen to play!!
      • Like Like x 1
    12. ike2112
      ike2112
      Love this idea.
      Also now seriously paranoid about my own team - my wife might end up beating me at SC without even knowing it...
      • Like Like x 4
    13. bunza52
      bunza52
      Same has happen to me over the past couple of years.....
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Looks like we have no major selection issues with the starting lineup. Even those playing in the Sunday games have been named onfield, rather than within extended bench.

Fort the only player not to be named.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. anthak
      anthak
      One spot left in this league.
      Join in if you haven’t already
    16. Jason
      Jason
      There are 25 entries in the group at the moment. Hopefully everyone has the correct team!
    17. Jason
      Jason
      As long is it is a trading games team that you join the league with!
      • Like Like x 1
    18. JPK
      JPK
      The Donor team has joined up. We're late to the party so are a little bit out of whack, but our discrepancies are benched and its only going to hurt us.

We don't have P Cripps, D Martin, and M Parker.
      We do have J Macrae, L Neale, and N Balta.

We'll make up the differences through forced trades, and I'll post here to keep everyone up to date. Until then, the discrepancy players will sit on our bench collecting dust!
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Jason
      Jason
      It kinda breaks rule No.1... and makes it hard for me to kick out other non-compliant teams (of which there is usually at least one in the group) whilst not being called unfair.

Happy enough for this team to be in the Trading Games league and to *closely* follow the trading games trajectory (I know you have your own thread on this team), but I'm currently a bit uncomfortable about breaking rule No. 1 here.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. anthak
      anthak
      @JPK have you joined the TG league?