ORFFL - 2019 Chat thread

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by Len, Jan 27, 2019.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Time to get that winning feeling again. 52 points loss to the mighty Magicians after suffering a late out (Phillips). I'll give you fair warning @Lucas - summer might nearly be over at Glamarama, but success ain't far away.

2. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

At the end of each PSD I sit there quite chuffed with the team I've put together.... then the season starts and the reality of trying to piece together a team of 15 from 26 hits hard.... with a couple of project and first year players, it relies on not too many injuries/suspensions and if they do occur that they dont all happen in one area of the field...

I'm absolutely certain people have had it worse but with a clash this weekend against @port_leschenault and top of the ladder Pyrite my current list of outs includes many best 15 players:
    • Cotchin
    • Riewoldt
    • Grigg
    • Rance
    • Willie Rioli
    • Dusty ( not injured, just stupid)
    * Added to that, blokes not getting a game - Ryan Clarke, Jarrod Brander, Jake Waterman

How does everybody else's list looking at this early stage of the season?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

My non-players are kids so expected, last year was nightmarish with injury though so feel your pain, there is a huge element of luck involved.

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Still no playing ruck here, probably not the only ORFFL team in that space however.
    Naismith was supposed to be on track to resume in R1 but is still some way off returning and Longer can't get on the park with soft tissue injuries. Sweet was named an emergency last week though, so he might be my best bet to get an actual playing ruck in the short term. No sign of Briggs.
    Only other Potoroo injuries (touch wood) were to Kelly (who returned last week) and to Henry and Valente, neither of which I was relying on this year to be regulars onfield.

5. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Current injury list for the glamas:
    Tuohy
    Steven
    Douglas
    Cox
    Phillips (one of 3 playing rucks, Marshall should be F/R next year)

Young guys making their way and not yet best 22, but I knew that when I drafted them:
    Colin O'Riordan
    Isaac Cumming
    Braydon Sier
    Aidan Bonar
    Tom Fullarton

So a bare 16 going round. However, I think we will recover from a slow start pretty soon. Well, I hope so.

6. Kel

Kel Moderator

Docherty and Lever the main injuries at the moment for the pigs with Kennedy and Patton also on the sidelines. Otherwise a full list to choose from with back up on each line. Sitting 3-0 so all Tickety boo in the Lower part of Tarwin at the moment.

7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Heard some guy called @stripey has a new playing ruck that's finally playing for those that are chasing one. :D

Is this you saying that I've actually got a chance this weekend, or getting the gloating in early when you wipe the floor with us? :D

I think the list balance in the league is good, it's enough so that we've got plenty of cover for all positions with some flexibility to adjust as you need but you also have to weigh at draft time how much it is worth holding that prospect over a depth player who you could need when injuries hit. Less hoarding is a good thing imo.

When KK and Clark weren't playing Rd1 on top of JJ/Blakely I almost had a donut/halfie until Duursma was selected and came through. Chuffed about that.

Can't complain with a 3-0 start but think my team is held together with selotape. Be nice if Viney could not turn into a spud.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stripey

@port_leschenault are you referring to my backup ruckman that Kane Cornes says ‘is not up to AFL level’.... pretty harsh I thought, he’ll only get better

9. port_leschenault

Kornes is known to be the ultimate arbiter in facts! around the AFL so if he spoke it, so it must be so. :rolleyes: (got ROB myself in 'FA and a UF league).

10. stripey

I hope old mate Cornes also offers up an opinion on English and his rucking skills after tonight’s master class...

11. port_leschenault

Getting nosebleeds here! Solid bunch of campaigners capable of popping off, but worried about depth. Hopefully the players have been taking their iron, and no injuries for foreseeable future. A lot of good teams now stepping into the SI vacuum.

12. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

When we lay the places for the final table, don't be surprised that the glamas and savages are there. In reality you are all scrapping over the six remaining places. :p

13. Gumby

Gumby Active Member

Whitfield singlehandedly rising the Wizards up the ladder. Thinking of changing our team name to Whitfield Wizards or something...

• Like Like x 2
  14. stripey

There’s a nice pub in Whitfield

15. stripey

Well don @port_leschenault , not even a Jack Bowes goal on the siren could drag the Bullfrogs over the line...

16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

It was a 27 point goal though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kel

Kel Moderator

Looking forward to the west Gippy rumble. Potoroos with the point scoring advantage at this stage, but we are confident the midfield will lift after an inconsistent start to the year.

18. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Potoroos had some massive score last week that didn't even get used.
    Tippa, Brown and Ablett all tonned up but weren't onfield.

19. HörnsySechsZeit

HörnsySechsZeit Jarhead Staff Member

Likewise, pondering changing mine to the Sarah Island Vacuum .

20. stripey

I don’t get it.. can only think of Tom Dyson and that’s not even a real footballers name....