Round 6 - Teams and Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Apr 23, 2019.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The Nuffers have posted an approximate score of 1041 vs the Cockatoos @anthak

• Like Like x 1
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Gariwerd!
    I think the Cockies scored about 1364.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

So...I won by 4 points this week.

Sinclair sucked again, I took Jones out of my side thinking god knows who could do better.

After seeing Ablett's score thought that was it for me, no way was I going to win.

4 point win, bloody hell, so 4 and 2 and still in the top 8.

• Like Like x 4
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

It seems I miscalculated and lost 200 points somewhere!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comment re Mr Vlastuin @chris88.

After scoring 67 and 69 in the first two rounds Vlastuin was omitted to enable an on fire Daniel Rich to be selected in the Devils defense. From Round 3 to Round 5 Vlastuin was extremely consistent with three scores in the 80's. A 42 from Daisy Thomas for the Devils in Round 5 led to him being dropped and Vlastuin being recalled to the backline for Round 6 which turned out to be exceptional timing. In the first five rounds of the season Nick Vlastuin averaged 78 points, I expected NV to surpass this and score between 80 and 100 points against Melbourne, so it was a very pleasant surprise in his return to the Devils team to see him double his average to score 155 points and not just pick up the 5 Les W Medal votes but register the highest Round 6 score in the ORRFA, ahead of GAJ with 148.

Following Rance's season ending injury it has been fantastic for Richmond that other defenders Dylan Grimes and Vlastuin have been best afield in victories against Port Adelaide and Melbourne respectively. After a very good run with injuries in 2017 and 2018 injuries are certainly hitting the Tigers hard in 2019 and although their depth as been tested players like Liam Baker, Jack Ross and Sydney Stack have all exceeded expectations when given an opportunity in the seniors.

@chris88 I have taken a leaf out of your book and have traded in a couple of Round 1 MSD picks from the Nuffers and the Wombats which using the ORFFA Round 6 ladder as a guide will be approx. pick 3 and pick 10. Although I didn't enter the pre-season trade period with that as a plan it worked out well to do these trades given my PSD and list position and it will be interesting to see how the MSD pans out.

• Like Like x 4
  7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Always good to have a couple of decent PSD picks - you never know who might be around!